100 Best Weight Loss Tips To Help You Take Off The Pounds For Good
What's The Secret To Losing Weight?
What are the best weight loss tips? How can I lose weight quickly? What is the best way to take off pounds? What diet works best? These are just a few of the many questions that get asked all the time about dieting. The truth of the matter is that weight will come off if you work at it. There is no magic cure. Nor is there a secret diet that works better than others. Losing weight involves consuming less calories then your body burns.
I do not have a secret plan to losing weight but there are many tips that will help you in your goal. I have put together a list of the 100 best weight loss tips. Use a few or use a lot. The choice is yours but they will help you lose weight. I have catergorized each tip into different sections for easy reading.
Exercise Tips For Weight Loss
It is no doubt that excercise is important for weight loss. Here are some ideas to help you get in some extra fitness in every day.
1. Park your car in a spot that is farthest away from where you are going.
2. Take the stairs instead of an elevator.
3. Try playing a sport for exercise. Not only will it help you lose weight but you will meet new people.
4. Plan exercise time into your daily schedule.
5. Walk on the treadmill while watching television. Or you can get up and walk around during commercials.
6. Hire a professional trainer to give you a fitness plan.
7. Cardio workouts burn the most calories so get moving.
8. Try out new exercise routines such as yoga or new DVDs.
9. Make a CD of upbeat music with a fast rhythm that you can use to walk to.
10. Buy yourself some workout clothes so you feel good while you are working out.
11. Take a walk after dinner every night.
12. Lift weights to add more to your workout.
13. Get a pedometer and set a goal to take 10,000 steps per day.
14. Work out 3 to 5 times per week for at least 30 minutes.
15. Take a walk on breaks at work. Every little bit helps.
16. Choose an activity that is fun for you otherwise you will not stick with it.
17. Listen to music when you are walking or doing things around the house.
18. Find an exercise buddy. It is easier to do when you have someone to do it with.
19. Choose an excercise that will work your whole body rather than one that targets a specific body part.
20. Sneak a little extra exercise into every activity such as doing leg lifts while sitting at your desk or dancing around while doing housework.
Food Tips For Weight Loss
21. Do not drink your calories away. Juices and drinks that are high in sugar will put weight on with no nutritional value.
22. Keep a container of vegetables cleaned and in the fridge for eay access when you are hungry.
23. Drinking green tea will help you burn calories.
24. Build up sandwiches with plenty of vegetables such as lettuce, tomato, peppers and cucumbers.
25. Use oils that are healthy such as canola or olive oil.
26. Remember that fat free does not mean calorie free.
27. Eat less sugar.
28. Eat plenty of vegetables to help you feel full.
29. Get rid of extra calories by eliminating sweet condiments, dips and spread.
30. Choose white meat over red meat.
31. Eat a salad before each meal along with a glass of water.
32. Add lemon or lime to your water for more flavor.
33. Stay away from high calorie sodas.
34. Eat ice milk or frozen yogurt rather than high fat ice cream.
35. Try to eliminate adding salt to your foods.
36. Drink skim milk rather than whole milk.
37. Eat cereal for breakfast 5 days a week. You will be consuming more fiber and less fat.
38. Pickles are a good low calorie snack.
39. Use yogurt instead of mayonnaise or cream in recipes. You will save yourself a lot of calories and still have the same great taste.
40. Eat beef, pork or lamb only one time per week.
41. When eating a salad, rather than drenching it in salad dressing have the dressing on the side. Dip your fork into the dressing first and then snag some salad.
42. Make a great tasting smoothie by combining fruit and ice in a blender.
43. Stir in flavor to your food. Use flavor boosters like chili powder, caynne or curry powder to season your food.
44. Avoid fried foods. Boil, broil, and bake foods to achieve best results.
45. Cut 100 calories from your food intake each day. The calories you save will add up and the weight will come off without even knowing it.
46. Eat less processed foods and more foods that are naturally good for you.
47. Get into the habit of reading labels on food so you know the nutritional value of foods.
48. Try new recipes that are low in fat.
49. Have meals pre-cooked and ready to go.
50. Use no fat broths to cook meat or prepare vegetables. It will add flavor without adding calories.
51. Spicy foods will increase your metabolism and help you burn fat faster.
52. Eat more foods that have fiber like fruit, vegetables and oatmeal.
Quick Weight Loss Tips
General Diet Tips For Weight Loss
53. Never eat after 8:00 p.m. at night or in other words, 3 hours before you go to bed.
54. Drink plenty of water every day to wash away fat residue.
55. Use smaller plates for your meals so it seems like you are eating a full plate of fodd.
56. Keep low calorie snacks easily accessible.
57. East five or six small meals or snacks daily.
58. Eat less but eat more often to keep your metabolism moving.
59. Chew your food slowly to make your meal last longer.
60. Don't go grocery shopping when you are hungry. You will tend to buy foods that are not good for you.
61. Sit down while eating your meals.
62. Don't clean your plate when eating. Leave a little bit on your plate.
63. Do not skip meals.
64. The color blue is known to suppress your appetite. Use blue plates and blue napkins.
65. Stop eating when you feel full.
66. Lose weight for yourself not for anyone else.
67. If you are having a craving for food, go brush your teeth instead.
68. Drink a glass of water when you wake up every morning.
69. Chew sugarless gum when you have a craving for something sweet.
70. When you are bored and are looking for something to eat, go take a walk.
71. Plan your meals ahead of time so you won't be apt to grab something that is fast and unhealthy.
72. Write down everything you eat.
73. Pack your lunch with healthy choices.
74. Don't eat at fast food restaurants.
75. When you eat at a restaurant ask for a take out box and put half of the food away before you start eating.
76. Move more.
77. Watch less television.
78. Don't nibble on food while your cooking.
79. Make sure you measure and weigh foods.
80. Measure your weight loss progress on a regular basis not only by pounds but by measuring inches lost.
81. Weigh your self weekly. Weight fluctuates on a daily basis.
82. Watch televsion shows on weight loss like The Biggest Loser for weight loss inspiration.
83. Make your goal to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week.
84. Avoid products with caffeine.
Weight Loss Books
Weight Loss Poll
How much weight do you want to lose?See results without voting
Motivation Tips For Weight Loss
85. Join a weight loss support group.
86. Keep thinking you can do it.
87. Set small goals for yourself. Focus on losing 2 pounds at a time.
88. Reward yourself when you reach goals that you have set for yourself.
89. Put a picture of yourself on the refrigerator to stop yourself from cheating.
90. Write down motivational quotes and keep them where you can see them daily.
91. Make a list of reasons why you want to lose weight.
92. Visualize yourself at your goal weight.
93. Read success stories of people who have been successful at weight loss.
94. Let other people know you are trying to eat healthy so you receive their support.
95. Keep a journal of your feelings during your weight loss journey.
96. Get rid of all of your old clothes that are too big for you as you lose weight.
97. Focus on the positive not the negative.
98. Don't set unrealistic goals. Baby steps add up.
99. Keep in minds all the advantages of losing weight such as a healthy body, more energy and less food bills.
100. Focus on the fact that every day that you stay on your weight loss plan it will bring you closer to your goal.
More by this Author
- 55Best Facebook Quotes 2016 To Update Your Status - Popular Facebook Sayings to Make Friends Laugh or Cry
Updating your status is a major activity for Facebook members. The most popular, best Facebook sayings and quotes can be found here.
Holidays are not fun for everyone. Many people have trouble coping with the holidays. Here are some tips to help you get through all the stress that may be upon you during the holiday season.
A guide to the most wanted Christmas gifts this season. If you want to know the most popular gifts for Christmas gift giving this year, this article will give you advice on Christmas shopping.