100 Snacks For 100 Calories -- 100 Calorie Snacks
Trying To Lose Weight?
Right now, I'm one of the probably millions who's trying to lose weight. I can't blame my battle of the pounds on the holidays, though, because I've been struggling with my weight for quite a while now. I've had a few successes ... and unfortunately, just as many setbacks.
My biggest problem is that I love to snack and I love sweets. If I sit down for a big dinner, I'll watch my portions. For instance, I'll usually have only half the chicken at a restaurant and then bring the rest home. But then I'll graze throughout the day and that sometimes leads to a binge ... and then things get out of control for me.
This year, I've been trying to eat more snacks and smaller meals so that I can graze, feel full and not overeat. Fortunately, the supermarkets are now full of low-fat options and ready-made snack packs. While these are definitely convenient, I've also tried to be a bit more creative in putting together my own low-fat snacks, which include really easy healthy things like chopped vegetables and fat-free dressing. I mean, all you have to do is measure them out and eat -- not much prep required at all, so it's about as simple as you can get!
Here's a list of 100 snacks my husband and I like that are around 100 calories. Keep in mind that I am not a doctor or a nutritionist; I'm just an overweight woman who wants to share some food ideas with other hungry people. So if you're beginning a diet or exercise plan, please see your doctor to discuss what you should be doing.
I'd love to hear some of your ideas for 100 calorie snacks, too, because I'm ALWAYS looking for something good to eat (especially if it's chocolate). So feel free to share your tips!
100 Calorie Appetizers And Snacks
100 Calorie Desserts
This portion of the list is for people like me who have a sweet tooth. Not a day goes by that I don't have some kind of dessert or sweet. I need that little finish at the end of my meal -- it makes me feel like a good girl and is my reward for eating my vegetables!
Seriously, I've found that in order to lose weight, I need to indulge sometimes or else I'll end up craving chocolate and ice cream. That said, here are some great dessert ideas for approximately 100 calories:
1. 1/2 cup fat free frozen yogurt
2. 1 small oatmeal cookie
3. 1 fat-free pudding cup with 1/2 cup berries
4. I frozen fruit bar
5. 1 100 calorie snack pack of cookies (a pretty obvious choice!)
6. 1/2 canned peaches with 2 Tbsp. Reddi Whip
7. 6 oz. fat-free yogurt
8. 1 Milano cookie and 1 cup diet (the 25-calorie kind) hot cocoa
9. 1/2 apple with 2 Tbsp peanut butter
10. 1 multi-grain waffle
11. 10 cashews
12. 2 large chocolate crunch rice cakes and 2 Tbsp Reddi Whip
13. 1/2 cup Motts flavored apple sauce with 1/2 cup berries mixed in
14. 1/2 cup sorbet
15. 2 graham crackers spread with 1 Tbsp Nutella
16. 1 Fudgsicle (one of my favorites!)
17. 1 Weight Watchers mini chocolate or carrot cake
18. 1 low-fat granola bar, such as Special K
19. 1 pouch Barbara's organic minui-cookies
20. Little Debbie 100 calorie marshmallow treats
21. 1 pear and 1 Tbsp peanut butter
22. 1 Klondike 100 calorie treats
23. 1 can Del Monte 100 calorie fruit cocktail
24. 1 100 calorie pouch Craisins
25. 1 1/2 sticks Hershey's 60 calorie dark chocolate sticks
26. 1 Tbsp Nutella with 1/2 cup berries
27. 1 Little Debbie 100 calorie triple fudge brownies
28. 1/2 cup berries with 1 Tbsp low-fat chocolate syrup
29. 2 Fig Newtons
30. 1 1/2 cup Jell-O
100 Calorie Snacks With Cheese
Though I'm a big fan of chocolate, my savory food go-to is cheese. I adore cheese, especially when it's an unusual kind that I haven't had before. We have one of those Cheeses Of The Worlds stores near us and if I had my way, I'd eat right through it.
Unfortunately, an ounce of most cheese is about 110 calories. The good news is, many companies, such as a Cracker Barrel, are now packaging their cheeses as individually wrapped slices. I love this because it forces me to stick to the portion and not eat my way through the entire block!
Here are some of my favorite cheesy snack ideas that are around 100 calories each:
1. 1/2 apple with 1 oz low-fat cheddar cheese (trust me, it's better than it sounds!)
2. 1 cup low-fat microwave popcorn sprinkled with 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
3. 1 Polly-O string cheese and 4 Wheat Thins
4. 2 wedges Laughing Cow low-fat cheese and 1/2 low-fat English muffin
5. 3/4 oz really high quality aged cheddar (don't need anything else with this!)
6. 1 Polly-O string cheese dipped in 2 Tbsp low-fat marinara (great if you crave pizza!)
7. 1 slice Borden 100 calorie cheese
8. 1/2 fat free cottage cheese with some berries sprinkled on top
9. 1 large Quaker white cheddar rice cake spread with 1 Tbsp parmesan and 1 Tbsp chopped green peppers
10. 1/2 oz bleu cheese and 5 almonds
11. 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese with 1 Tbsp chocolate chips
12. 1/2 cup Egg Beaters scrambled with 2 Tbsp low-fat shredded cheddar
13. 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese mixed with 1 Tbsp curry powder and a few raisins
14. 1 slice low-fat swiss wrapped around 1 slice fat-free ham and 1 slice lettuce (makes a nice "breadless" sandwich!)
15. 1/2 Polly-O string cheese with 5-6 slices turkey pepperoni
Homemade 100 Calorie Snacks
More Tips On Losing Weight
- 10 Inspirational Weight Loss Blogs Worth Checking Out
- Tropical Salad: Low Fat Salad With Low Fat Salad Dressing
I'm a big fan of making dishes that are quick and easy to put together. Also, because I'm currently trying to loose weight, I've been making and eating a lot of low fat dishes. This is why I enjoy making...
- Tips For Dining Out And Losing Weight: Eating Healthy Ethnic Cuisine
Yes, you can eat out and lose weight. Here are some tips for how to lose weight while eating ethnic cuisine, as well as other ways you can dine out and lose weight.
- Safe Exercises For The Obese
When it comes to exercising, the simple act of moving can be difficult for morbidly obese people with back and joinr problems. Fortunately there are many exercises that are appropriate for the obese.
- Free Calorie Counter, Weight Loss Calculators, and Weight Loss Tutorial | CaloriesPerHour.com
Welcome to Calories per Hour, the web's premier resource for information and peer support for healthy and sustainable weight loss
- Weight Loss Help and Tips
Weight loss tips and free help and advice to help you loose weight fast in a healthy and natural way.
- The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl
Not faster than a speeding bullet - Fat blogging since 2001
- PastaQueen - You'll laugh your ass off. (I did.)
The humorous adventures of Jennette Fulda, author and blogger and loser of over 100 pounds.
- How To Lose 100 Pounds And Keep It Off
Trying to lose weight is difficult and takes work, but dieting stories keep me motivated. Here are some amazing weight loss success stories and weight loss tips from people who've lost a hundred pounds or more and managed to beat obesity.
- Healthy Breakfast: Easy Low-Fat Egg Bake And Cheese
100 Calorie Snacks For Breakfast Lovers
Who says that you can only have breakfast in the morning? Some of the best breakfasts I've had have been well into the evening! This is why I like diner so much -- they don't put a time limit on breakfast, so if you're there at 5 p.m. and are craving an omelet, it's no problem.
Here are some ideas for breakfast foods that make great snacks for about 100 calories
1. 1 hardboiled egg
2. 1 deviled egg - scoop out insides of hardboiled egg, mix with a pinch of paprika and 1 Tbsp salsa or mustard
3. 3/4 cup Cheerios, dry
4. 1 cup 1% milk
5. 1 Thomas's low-fat multigrain English muffins with 1 Tbsp low-calorie margarine (such as Smart Start)
6. 2 graham crackers spread with 1 Tbsp Philadelphia fat-free cream cheese
7. 1 cup strawberries with 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
8. 1 slice whole wheat toast with 1/2 cup Egg Beaters and 1 Tbsp salsa
9. 2 Morningstar Farms breakfast links
10. 1 cup mixed berries topped with 2 oz fat free vanilla yogurt
11. Omelet made with 1 cup Egg Beaters and 1/4 cup salsa
12. 1 frozen blintze
13. 1 cup low-fat hot cocoa with 2 Tbsp Reddi Whip
14. Latte made with 1 cup coffee, 1/2 cup fat free milk and 2 Tbsp Cool Whip
15. Smoothie made with 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup fat free milk
16. Smoothie made with 1/2 cup berries and 6 oz low-fat yogurt
17. 1 banana dipped in 1 Tbsp low-fat chocolate syrup and frozen
18. 1/2 cup Mini Frosted Wheat and 1/2 cup berries
19. 2 slices Morningstar Farms vegetarian bacon
20. 2 egg whites scrambled with 2 slices fat free ham
21. 1 cup orange juice
22. 1/2 cup low-fat chocolate milk
23. 1/2 cup fresh pineapple mixed with 1 slice chopped kiwi and 1 slice shredded low-fat ham (for a "Hawaiian" fruit toss)
24. 1 slice whole wheat toast with 2 Tbsp fat free jam or jelly
25. 1 slice whole wheat toast topped with 1 crumbled Morningstar Farms breakfast link and 1 Tbsp low-fat shredded cheese (for a faux breakfast sandwich)
26. 1/2 mini bagel with 1 Tbsp peanut butter
27. 1/2 cup oatmeal mixed with 1/2 cup berries
28. 1 low-fat Yoplait smoothie
29. 1 orange
30. 1 Thomas's 100 calorie mini-bagels
How To Pick Healthy Snacks
What's Your Favorite Type Of Snack?See results without voting
Best Of The Rest - Even More 100 Calorie Snacks!
1. 1/2 cup baby carrots with 1 Tbsp fat free ranch dressing
2. 17 slices Hormel mini turkey pepperoni
3. 100 calorie snack pack of crackers
4. 6 reduced fat Triscuits
5. 6 slices fat free meat (ham, chicken)
6. 2 tofu dogs
7. 1 fat-free turkey dog with salsa
8. 1/2 baked potato mashed with 2 Tbsp fat free cottage cheese
9. 2 1/2 medium pretzel rods
10. 1 mini pita with 1 Tbsp hummus
11. 1/2 cup baby carrots with 2 Tbsp hummus
12. 2 Celery sticks stuffed with 1 Tbsp peanut butter or low-fat cream cheese (I don't like celery much on its own, but it's yummy with a filling. For an extra kick, add a sprinkle of chili powder to the cream cheese!)
13. 3 cups air-popped popcorn with a dash of salt and pepper
14. 1 cup minestrone soup
15. 1 cup vegetable soup and 2 saltines
16. 2 slices tomato sprinkled with 2 Tbsp parm cheese
17. 1 cup squash
18. 1 cup Campbell's broccoli soup
19. 1 corn on the cob sprinkled with salt
20. 1 cup grape tomatoes (fun and easy to eat!)
21. 2 frozen mini pizzas
22. 1 can V8 (my husband's fave, though it looks a bit too much like blood for my taste!)
23. 2 artichokes with 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
24. 1/2 baked potato topped with 2 Tbsp fat-free cheddar
25. 3/4 cup shelled edamame
More by this Author
Exercising can be difficult for obese people with back and joint problems. Here are some safe exercises for the obese.
Breaking your leg can be painful, confusing and scary. Here's my experience of breaking my leg, as well as some tips for dealing with a broken leg and tips for dealing with surgery.
Making handmade jewelery is fun and easy! Here's a pattern for a wire wrapped stone pendant.