101 Kettlebell Workouts Goes Stacking with David Bradley
- Applied Strength
Follow along with Brett Jones. Cultivating Simplicity in Training, Strength, Kettlebells, Health, and Fitness
- Pura Vida Kettlebells - YouTube
Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
- Womens Ultimate Kettlebell Workout Kit
Ladies, everything you need to get in shape is right here.
- Mens Russian Kettlebell Quick-Start Kit
Gentlemen, the best way to get started training with Kettlebells is right here!
Stacking for endurance and fat loss
Most of the time when we lift weights we lift for a given number of repetitions. Stacking revolves around lifting for time instead. When you train for time, you are developing muscle endurance.
In the case of "Stacking" you will perform one exercise for 30 seconds, then take a short break. Then you will perform the same exercise for the same 30 seconds, but this time, instead of resting, you'll do another exercise for 30 seconds and then rest. From here, you'll repeat the first 2 drills then add a third before your little break. This pattern will continue on and your session should be about 15 - 20 minutes give or take a minute or two.
When I first read about Stacking , it came from the pages of David Whitley's ebook, 101 Kettlebell Workouts , which you can get for free over at Dave's website. David Whitley is a Master RKC Instructor and professional strongman. He says that the Stacking protocol is "very tough." My thought here is if this guy thinks Stacking is "very tough" then the reality is that Stacking going to be nothing short of your worst fitness nightmare.
And if I may quote Jerry Seinfeld here: "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"
Stacking looks like it was designed to push your limits while adding a few fringe benefits. Namely, Gladiator like endurance and conditioning. This will be a great tool as we march into holiday season and will need something to keep our beach body through the winter. If you still got some mashed potatoes from last years Holiday hanging on to your midsection, Stacking will prove to be a sure fire way to drop the spare tire, double chin and dare I say, ba-donk-a-butt!
Now, in 101 Kettlebell Workouts, Mr. Whitley credits another Kettlebell great with the inspiration behind Stacking . The inspiration goes to Mr. Brett Jones. Brett Jones is also a Master RKC Instructor and has played a vital role in the progression and advancement of modern Kettlebell training.
The way I see it, if these two guys recommend this as an effective program for strength endurance and fat loss, then rest assured, it's the real deal.
The Plan of A Stack
I'm going to show you a couple of examples. One will be with Kettlebells and taken directly from the book 101 Kettlebell Workouts. The others will be with Dumbbells and Bodyweight so those of you without Kettlebells can play too. However, if you want to get a Kettlebell, there will be no harm in that! In fact it may prove to be one of the best decisions/investments for your fitness and health you've made in a long time...
Stacking with a Kettlebell
- Swings :30, Rest :30
- Swings :30, Squats :30, Rest :30
- Swings :30, Squats :30, Slingshot :30, Rest :30
- Swings :30, Squats :30, Slingshot :30, Clean & Press :30 per side, Rest 1:00 (repeat 3-5 times)
- Swings :30, Squats :30, Slingshot :30, Clean & Press :30 per side, Rows :30 per side
Stacking with a Dumbbell(s)
- Seesaw Press :30, Rest :30
- Seesaw Press :30, Bent Over Rows :30, Rest :30
- Seesaw Press :30, Bent Over Rows :30, Lunge :30, Rest :30
- Seesaw Press :30, Bent Over Rows :30, Lunge :30, Single Leg Deadlift :30 per side, Rest 1 minute
- Seesaw Press :30, Bent Over Rows :30, Lunge :30, Single Leg Deadlift :30 per side, Sit Ups, Rest 1 minute (repeat 3 times)
Stacking with Bodyweight Exercises
- Push Up :30, Rest :30
- Push Up :30, Squat :30, Rest :30
- Push Up :30, Squat :30, Shoulder Bridge :30, Rest 1 minute
- Push Up :30, Squat :30, Shoulder Bridge :30, Sit Ups :30, Rest 1 minute (repeat 2 times)
- Push Up :30, Squat :30, Shoulder Bridge :30, Sit Ups :30, Mountain Climbers :30, Burpees :30
Stacking with Dumb/Kettle bells and Bodyweight
- Press :30, Rest :30
- Press :30, Rows :30, Rest :30
- Press :30, Rows :30, Hindu Squats :30, Rest 1 minute
- Press :30, Rows :30, Hindu Squats :30, Hindu Push Ups :30, Rest 1 minute (repeat 4 times)
- Press :30, Rows :30, Hindu Squats :30, Hindu Push Ups :30, 1 Arm Swing :30 per side
So there's a few examples for you. If you're not familiar with any of the exercises, do some research on line and seek the advice of a trainer or an RKC (Russian Kettlebell Certified Instructor)
As you may have observed, with a little creativity and an Interval timer; you're in business. Now, if you're new to exercise and want to try this, I'd recommend building up. So for example, on day 1 just get through the first 30 seconds if that's all you're good for. Next time, try 2 stacks, then 3, and so on and so forth.
Watch a Workout
How Do You Stack Up?
How about a little challenge? Here I've posted a video of a Stacking Workout I did. How about you? How do you Stack up?
Here's the challenge: Film and post your Stacking Workout on You Tube and paste a link in the comment section along below with a description of the workout.
That's a Wrap!
OK folks, there you have it! Thanks for following along. Let me know if you have any questions and let the games begin!
Tools for the Job
More by this Author
For those of you asking yourself, "How Did Thor (Chris Hemsworth) Get The Body A Norse God" you've come to the right place. I have already been scouring the web and found the official official "Thor...
German Volume Training emerged on the scene in an issue of Muscle Media 2000 back in the 90's. The protocol was laid out by Coach Charles Polquin. He based this routine on...
If you're an automotive sales professional who has found themselves charged with handling internet leads then this Hub is for you. If you work online with customers via the internet and email, then some of the tips...
No comments yet.