10 tips for weight loss
My Top 10 Weight Loss Tips and Tricks
1. If you can walk when you have the time, consider walking to places that you would normally drive (such as work or the shops or to the school if they're not too far away). It may take you longer, but the health benefits will last you a lifetime. Consider leaving a little earlier so you have a few extra minutes .
2. Try not to skip meals. The worst thing you can do while watching your diet is skip a meal. it has just the opposite effect of what you want. You need to have at least four regular meals every day. 3. When you watching the televison or using the computer, have a break often, get up and take a walk or reach over and touch your toes or a simple exercise to get the blood flowing in your veins.
4. Eat lots of vegetables. Vegetables are your best bet when it comes to losing pounds. Nature has a terrific spread when it comes to choosing vegetables. And the leafy green vegetables are best for you. Try to include a salad in you diet always.
5. Choose fresh fruit to processed fruits. Processed and canned fruits do not have as much fibre as fresh fruit. Processed and canned fruits are nearly always sweetened, but some are in natural juice so try and choose these when you have to have canned fruit.
6. Stay away from sweetened bottle drinks, especially sodas. All those colas and fizzy drinks are sweetened with sugar and sugar means calories. The more you can cut out on these sweetened bottle drinks, the better for you. So if you must drink sodas, then stick to diet sodas.
7. Start your day with a glass of water. As soon as you wake up, drink a glass of cool water. It's a wonderful way to start your day and you only need a lesser quantity of your breakfast drink after that. A glass of water lets out all your digestive juices and sort of lubricates the insides of your body. You may have your morning cup of tea but have it after a glass of water. It is good for you.
8. Quit snacking in between meals. Do not fall for snacks in between meals. This is especially true for those who have to travel a lot. They feel that the only time they can get a bite to eat is snacks and junk food. The main problem with most snacks and junk food is that they are usually less filling and contain a lot of fat and calories. Just think about French fries...tempting but terribly fattening.
9. Go easy on tea and coffee. Tea and coffee are harmless by themselves. It's when you add the cream and sugar that they become fattening. Did you know that having a cup of tea or coffee that has cream and at least two cubes of sugar is as bad as having a big piece of rich chocolate cake?
10. Include in your diet things that contain more water like tomatoes and watermelons. These things contain 90 to 95 % water so that there is nothing that you have to lose by feasting on them. They fill you up without adding to the pounds.
And one more Weight Loss Tips and Tricks
Dry wine is better than sweet wine. Sweet wines naturally contain a lot of sugar. In dry wines most of this sugar has been fermented away so the dry wines are better for you than sweet wines.
- Hubpages Sign Up
if you wish to start your own blog click here for your free acount.
More by this Author
1) Girls blush a LOT when you pay them an unexpected compliment. I mean, if she's already expecting a compliment from you, it might not have the same effect. But if you surprise her with an unexpected compliment, things...