11 Tips to Cut Your Cholesterol Fast
Low cholesterol diet
Achieving lower cholesterol
Achieving lower cholesterol is one of the best ways to protect yourself from heart attack and stroke. A fat-like substance found in the blood, cholesterol can build up and form deposits in your arteries. The fats and cholesterol that we consume goes to the liver, where they are combined with proteins to make lipoperoteins. There are mainly two types of lipoproteins, low density lipoprotein (LDL) and high density lipoprotein (HDL). These are the main cholesterols found in our body. Out of them LDL cholesterol is termed bad cholesterol, while HDL cholesterol is called good cholesterol. It is the high level of LDL cholesterol that is associated with an increased risk for heart attacks and strokes. Ideally, the total level of cholesterol in blood should be less than 200mg/dl and the LDL cholesterol level should be less than 130mg/dl. On the other hand, an HDL cholesterol level more than 60mg/dl is considered as desirable.
Here are clear steps you can take to lower your cholesterol, and enjoy the health benefits of returning your cholesterol to safe levels.
1. A wrong eating habit is one of the main culprits for raising the level of blood cholesterol. Adding lot of fibre in the diet is one of the good methods to reduce cholesterol. Fruits and vegetables, including whole grains, are good sources not only of heart-healthy antioxidants but also cholesterol-lowering dietary fibre.
2. Avoid deep fried and fat containing foods like sweets, chips etc.
3. LDL is considered to be "bad cholesterol." HDL is the "good cholesterol." regular physical activity can raise HDL “good” cholesterol by up to 10%. The benefits come even with moderate exercise, such as brisk walking.
4. Smoking lowers levels of HDL “good” cholesterol and is a major risk factor for heart disease. So don’t smoke.
5. Fish and fish oil are chockablock with cholesterol-lowering omega-3 fatty acids. Fish oil supplements can have a profound effect on cholesterol and triglycerides.
6. Avoid eating processed meats and whole eggs. Avoid full-fat dairy products like paneer, chese, ice creams, yogurt etc.
7. Drink lots of water. This will help dissolve lot of bad cholesterol.
8. Oatmeal is a food that helps to lower cholesterol, but you need to really like it to eat it daily and get the benefits.
9. Add heart health to the list of potential benefits from soy. A recent analysis found that soy protein, plus the isoflavones found in soy "raised HDL levels 3%, which could reduce coronary heart disease risk about 5%.
10. Dietary modifications and exercising will no doubt, lower the level of blood cholesterol, but will take some time. But, if your blood cholesterol level is too high, and has increased the risk for developing life threatening conditions, then, you might need to consider medications to lower cholesterol fast. Several types of cholesterol-lowering medication are available, including niacin, bile acid resins, and fibrates.
11. Don’t be in a hurry. Reducing cholesterol takes a little time since it is deposited from long time. So wait with lot of patience and keep working on your diet and work out.
Lowering Cholesterol levels is one of the best answers for how to lose weight in a month
Check your calories in your diet!
More by this Author
As a means of enticing consumers, a number of beauty products include vitamin E as one of the components. Vitamin E is not only essential in eradicating and preventing health issues such as cardiac ailments,...
No comments yet.