Home remedies and treatment for canker sore
Cankers sores occur in the mouth, especially around the gums, cheeks and lips, and sometimes around the area of the tongue. Canker sores are different to cold sores and can be painful. These sores usually last for few weeks in the mouth, but there are particular home remedies to try out at home to reduce or maybe even cure the canker sore. These home remedies may not work for everyone, but each remedy can be tried out to test which one is effective for the individual. If in doubt, consult your doctor first to get advice on how to treat your canker sore.
1. Mix ½ tablespoon of salt into a warm glass of water and use that to rinse your mouth a couple of times. This salt remedy will dry up the canker sore and also relief soreness. Repeat the process if necessary.
2. Apply a small amount of milk of magnesia on the canker sore. Repeat this a couple of times a day t relieve soreness.
3. Baking soda is an ideal home remedy to treat canker sores. Take one teaspoon of baking soda and mix it in a warm glass of water. Use that solution to rinse the mouth a couple of times a day to relieve the pain. Or another option is that you can form a paste by mixing a small amount of water, and use the paste to rub onto the affected area in the mouth.
4. If you have plum juice in the household, soak the juice using a cotton ball and apply and hold it against the affected area for a couple of minutes. This should hopefully give relief, but repeat if necessary. Or you can use 2 teaspoons of plum juice to act as a mouthwash.
5. A used wet tea bag contains certain chemicals such as tannic acid which can relieve and cure your canker sore. Apply the wet tea bag onto the sore area and hold it for 2-3 minutes to obtain relief.
6. Tea tree oil is a great natural disinfectant. Mix 2-3 teaspoons of oil in a glass of water and rinse in your mouth twice a day.
7. A piece of raw onion may also do the trick to relieve soreness and pain from canker sores. Hold the piece of onion and hold it against the infected area for a couple of minutes. You may notice good results from onions.
8. Applying Aloe Vera gel on the canker sore can help soothe the pain. You can use Aloe Vera gel a couple of times a day. This herbal product can be purchased in pharmacies or you can grow your own plant in the home.
9. A good quality mouthwash such as Listerine is also very good to reduce infection. Use the mouthwash and swoosh around the affected area, but you may experience burning sensations. Spit the mouthwash out as soon as you cannot stand the burning sensation, but you will achieve relief from the canker sore.
10. Using alcoholic spirits such as whiskey or rum can prove to be effective. Apply the spirit on a cotton ball and hold it against the affect area for a few minutes, but you may notice a sting in the area.
11. Apple cider vinegar can be used to treat canker sores. Dab a small amount onto a cotton ball and hold it against the affected area for a few minutes. As with alcoholic spirits, this will also produce a stinging sensation in the mouth.
12. A hydrogen peroxide solution is know to kill bacteria which cause canker sores. Mix one quarter of hydrogen peroxide with three quarters of water. Use this solution as a mouthwash and discard it from the mouth between 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat this process 3-4 times daily.
- Using almonds for good skin texture may also give good results. Take some almonds and soak them in cold water and leave it overnight. The following morning, prepare a paste by grinding the almonds. Add some rose water to the paste and apply it on the face and other parts of the body.
- Avoid taking cold showers, instead, use warm water. Warm water helps to wash away the dirt and grime on the skin, particularly the pores, more effectively than cold water. Using a quality pad or sponge, gently scrub the skin with it.
- Mix 2 spoons of sugar with lemon juice. Use this solution to scrub your face and other parts of the body such as the neck, arms, legs etc to obtain fair and smooth skin. Make sure the sugar granules melts totally when scrubbing. Avoid this method if you have pimples on the face or anywhere else on the body to prevent the pimples from bursting during scrubbing. This may result in harsh skin reactions, so it’s best to avoid it.
- Grind some chironji (sunflower seeds) and soak them in a glass of raw milk overnight. Sprinkle some saffron or turmeric powder to enhance much better and fairer skin. The following morning, apply it on the skin to get results. However, this method must be used daily and may take weeks or months to notice fair skin, so patience is required. This method will also benefit people who have a darker skin complexion.
- Mixing cucumber juice and lemon juice in equal quantities, and using it as an alternative to facial and body wash can also contribute to fairer skin. Ensure that area in your body to be treated is soaked for at least 10-15 minutes using that mixture of cucumber and lemon juice.
- Form a paste by using gram flour, 2 teaspoons of raw milk and a few drops of limejuice and mix them together. Apply that mixture on the face and neck for around 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. Continue this method daily for 2 weeks to notice light and fairer skin. This procedure can be repeated as long as you desire.
- Blend a banana mixed with raw milk. Apply this mixture on the neck and face and leave for 10-15 minutes, then wash it off with cold water. This is a great beauty tip to obtain smooth, fair and natural glowing skin.
- The papaya fruit is effective to get smooth skin and a fair complexion. Papaya is rich in antioxidants. Slice a ripe papaya and rub it on your face daily, especially very early in the morning. Second method is, you can mash a small ripened papaya and add a few teaspoons of milk to the pulp. Apply this over the skin such as the face, neck etc and allow the mixture to settle in the skin for 15 minutes. Then wash it off with cold water.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking more water which will make your skin even fairer. This will prevent wrinkles and sagging skin because the skin cells in the body will get hydrated if more water is consumed.
Thanks for reading this Article.
You might also like to read about :
More by this Author
List of top 10 interesting Facts about Puffer fish.
Online shopping means life has never been easier—except for when it turns out to be more of a hassle than you expected. Read this list of the pros and cons of shopping online to know what to expect.
The advantages and disadvantages of Facebook.
No comments yet.