13 Health Tips To Keep You Healthy
Everyone is talking being healthy nowadays and with 13 health tips, taking action should bring you many benefits. We all want to be in shape and stay healthy, but it is a hard job. There is always the temptation of food all around us and who wants to walk up 13 flights of stairs when there is an elevator handy. This is something that we have to overcome individually because no one can do it for us. Maybe these 13 health tips will get us motivated and on the right track.
1. Walking, swimming, and other exercises are very good for your health and will also help keep your weight down. As with any new project, you start out slow and gradually increase your pace over a period of time. Do not over exert yourself for this can have bad effects on your body by risking injuries. You want this to be a fun time, so you will keep coming back and enjoy every outing. A good tip is to have someone to exercise or walk with. This will increase your chances of continuing your program and keeping you on a healthy track. Always check with your doctor before starting any new exercise or diets. Of the 13 health tips, exercise will need to be monitored to make sure you are not over doing it.
2. Eating right is something we all know we need to do. The hardest thing is finding the foods that are on the healthy side, We all know we need to eat fresh fruits and vegetables, but has insecticide been leeched into them? Chickens are raised in barns with over 30,000 chickens in one barn. They are injected with antibiotics because disease can easily infect the whole flock under conditions like these. It seems like all our food supply is subject to question. If you can grow and store most of your own fruits and vegetables, your health has a good chance at staying that way.
3. Reducing stress in our life will go a long way in keeping our health. Stress is a major factor in high blood pressure, strokes, and heart attacks. There are many things that cause stress and the best thing to do is recognize what causes stress in your life and try to avoid these situations. Learn ways to relax and if you find your self in a stressful situation, Take deep breaths and try to stay calm. Most stressful situations occur over things we have little or no control over. Getting upset may even make a bad situation worse, and the blood pressure goes up while your health rating goes down..For good ways to relax, http://hubpages.com/hub/8-Ways-To-Relax
4. Vitamins and minerals are a very important part of 13 health tips. They boost your immune system and keep your cells working properly. It is important to get most of your vitamins and minerals from the food you eat. Natural vitamins work better that manufactured ones also taste better. It is still very hard to get all the vitamins and minerals we need from food, so always take a good supplement tablet that is well trusted. Some generic ones might not be good for you at all. Calcium is also very a important part of your diet. Some calcium's are better than others, so do your research on this. It is your health and you want to keep it healthy.
5. Sunshine should also be included in your daily health exercise. Vitamin D is made by your body when you are in the sunlight. This is the most natural form of vitamin D and about 15 minutes a day in the sunshine will give your body the D that it needs. Sunshine will also help your body absorb calcium more efficiently. It also makes you feel good, so go get a little sunshine.
6. Drinking water is a very good thing for your body. It keeps your organs working properly and lubricates the nasal passage. It also creates saliva to help digest our foods. Your body needs about 64 ounces of fluids a day to replace what is lost each day. Everybody is made different and have different needs, so you may need more or less water, depending on the type of work you do, your weight, and your metabolism.
7. 13 health tips also include drinking tea. Drinking teas that are all natural are full of anti-toxins and cancer fighting agents. These teas can be the green, black, or even white. They are good for the immune system as well as your heart. Drinking tea could also help you live longer. With all these health benefits, you definitely do not want to miss out on tea.
8. Red wine is still controversial about the health boost it will give you. It is suppose to decrease your risk of a heart attack, thin blood clots, and perhaps even make you feel good. However there might be an increased risk for getting cancer. I would go with eating red grapes unless you are diabetic, then you might want to watch the amount of sugar from the grapes.
9. Smoking is something that you need to quit now. There are no health benefits from tobacco and the sooner you quit the better off your body will be. Smoking is bad for your heart, lungs, and blood pressure. I know it is real hard to quit, but no one else can do it for you. For your health, the tobacco must go.
10. Drinking colas and other high sugar content drinks is something else that your body does not need. They are full of empty calories that will put on the weight. Even sports drinks have a very high sugar content. Flavor your own water with strawberries, watermelon, or some other fruit. This will give you a boost of energy and your immune system will also like it.
11. Keeping your kitchen extra clean is something we all think we do. A wooden butcher block is a breeding ground for bacteria and very hard to get them all. The bacteria can get down deep in the wood pores where cleaning can not get to them. Don't touch other foods after you have handled raw meat, and always cook meat thoroughly. Always buy meat last in the grocery store so it will remain colder. Food poisoning is very common and most of it can be prevented.
12.Your teeth play a very big role in your health. If you get cavities, they can easily become infected. This infection can cause you a lot of pain and become abscessed. These abscessescan be very dangerous and life threatening. This can be avoided by going to the dentist on a regular basis and daily cleaning.
13. Of the 13 health tips, your state of mind affecting your health is probably the one of the last things you would believe. There are people who talk themselves into being sick and feeling bad. They tell everyone how bad they feel and they will continue to feel bad. If all this energy was reversed and you told everyone how good you feel, chances are you will start feeling better every day. The mind is a very powerful tool, we just have to believe in it.
- The Doctor Effect
Going to the doctor is scary no matter what your age. First you sit and wait way past your appointment time to get your blood pressure up. Then they finally call you back to get weighed and your blood...
More by this Author
Television can have a strange effect on your life. For good or bad, it is here to stay.
Heartburn does not have to control your life. Ant-acid tablets can cause stomach cancer. For relief ...