Trimming Fat From Your Diet
Less Fat In Your Diet
In this face paced world, when we eating outside our homes has become more popular than ever before. Making it difficult to find healthy food choices we often times end up eating food that is bad for us. So we are always looking for other ways to trim fat from our diets. From fast food resturants, to take out, to eating at your favorite diner, it can be a hard task to accomplish. But by following some simple suggestions you can trim fat from your diet, just by eliminating or substituting items for one thing or another. You do not need to give up taste to enjoy the things you love. Believe it or not, it is possible and very easy to do.
By making the right choices, you will be on your way to making healthy food choices, lose weight if that is your desire, and you will feel good about the way you eat. Below you will find 15 very easy ways to trim fat from your diet.
15 Fat Trimming Tips
1. Take the focus off your meat portions and spice it up with a nice stir-fry meal. Keep the dish lean with little or no oil. Top it off with your favorite vegetables. For example, zucchini, sweet peppers, spinach, and bean sprouts are good choices.
2. Use turkey breast or lean ham in place of lunch meats like bolonga, salami or pastrami. These meats have a much higher fat content. Turkey breast is much leaner and the way to go for low fat.
3. Use meat and cheese as your side dishes, let fresh vegetables and grains fill out your plate. Low fat cheeses include cottage cheese, Edam, Quark, and Ricotta cheese. But use them less often and more sparingly.
4. Try baking, stewing, or poaching peaches with a dash of cinnamon, cloves and honey for a delicious lean dessert.
5. Evaporated skim milk is very low in fat, yet has a rich taste and texture. You may use it in place of whole milk or cream in your everyday cooking.
6. Grab yourself some gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, fig newtons or low-fat fruit bars for a mid-day light snack. Each of these snacks are low in fat content and very tasty as well. These snacks make a great candy bar replacement.
7. Give yourself a delicious delight, angel food cake with fresh strawberries for an after dinner dessert. An absolutely mouth watering treat.
8. Cut back on buttering your vegetables. Mix one part lemon juice, one part butter. Or forgot about the butter altogether and try lemon pepper seasoning for a light mellow taste.
9. Use nonfat powdered milk to lighten your coffee or tea instead of traditional creamer. Another substitue is Evaporated skim milk, the taste is sweet, and much better than creamer or whole milk.
10. Try using syrup on your pancakes instead of butter. It has less fat.
11. Mix equal amounts of nonfat plain yogurt with mayonnaise to make a creamy lower fat dressing for tuna or chicken salad.
12. Order your pizza with more vegetables like onion, broccoli, mushrooms, green peppers and go light on the cheese. You won't regret it.
13. Snack on bread sticks, or pretzel sticks instead of buttery rolls.
14. Pick a piece of fresh fruit over something sweet like cake or candy. A large juicy apple is a satisfying treat with a nice big crunch.
15. Use table sugar in moderation. Less is better.
Other Healthy Hubs
- Ways To Boost Your Memory
A Medley Of Methods To Boost Your Memory These are several ways to keep your memory a little bit dexterous. This is by no means a cure for memory loss or Alzheimer's disease.
- Apple Cider Vinegar And It's Many Uses
Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar made by the fermentation of apple cider .The process in which sugar in food is broken down by bacteria and yeast. In the first stage of fermentation, the sugars are...
- 25 Ways To A Healthy Lifestyle
In this day and age people are looking for successful ways to live a healthier life. We live in a very busy and chaotic world.
More by this Author
Do you have bipolar disorder? Have you ever wondered if the heat of summertime has any effect on your mood cycles? Read further to find out if summer heat is effecting your mood swings.
What are some of the most common reasons for not taking thyroid medication? There are many reasons why you might avoid taking medication, but of course there are many important benefits, as well.
If you own a cat, you may see many little quirks your cat has? I have listed 23 fascinating facts about the awesomeness of cats. Delightful little tidbits just for you. Do you recognize your cat?