20 Little Health Tips for Women
This article, “20 Little Health Tips for Women” materialized because a couple of weeks ago, Dayzeebee and I were invited to a local radio station. We were celebrating Women’s month and their topic was about holistic wellness.
There was a lot of discussion as to why women are stressed nowadays and how they are managing to cope. This brought me into a state of awareness that indeed women have taken on a lot of roles – from parenting, to career, to being active in the community, organizations and such, that it is no wonder that the need for taking care of oneself is on the rise.
I recognize that healthy women have healthy habits. And by embracing a positive lifestyle coupled with a positive mindset, women are able to tackle life with zest plus a healthy condition.
Get Into the Exercise Habit
1. Sneak exercise into your day. Use the stairs instead of the elevator; rake the leaves in the garden, dance with the baby or even better yet, put on some music and dance by yourself!
2. Be specific with your intention. Instead of saying “From now on, I will exercise more often,” why not say, “I’ll walk the dog for ten minutes.” Start light until you gradually increase how hard you exercise and for how long.
3. Start making “exercise appointments” in your calendar. Find something you like to do. Grab a partner if you have to.
Easy Weight Loss Tips
4. Avoid fad diets that promises drastic and dramatic results. True, you may lose weight quickly but you gain it back just as fast. The best way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat fewer calories and be active. If you want to feel full (with food with lower calories), eat foods that are high in water like fruits, vegetables and healthy proteins.
5. Don’t lose more than 2 pounds per week. If you lose more than 2 pounds per week, you are losing water weight and lean muscle mass instead of losing excess fat. This will make you lethargic and have less energy; and again, you will most likely gain the weight back.
6. Employ the mindful eating or intuitive approach. Learn to listen to your body so you can eat what you want and end up loving the result. Mindful eating encourages you have a peaceful relationship with food to supply your body needs. If you are feeling awfully stuffed, it simply means you are not listening to your body signals of satiation.
Make the Most of Your Doctor’s Appointments
7. Find a doctor that you are most comfortable with and whose health philosophy matches yours.
8. Visit your doctor to consult a problem. Don’t be scared or embarrassed to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Is it your body odor, the pimple in your butt, or itchiness in your vagina? Get help if you need one.
Oral Hygiene Reminders
9. Brush your teeth three times a day especially after meals. Schedule a regular teeth cleaning with your dentist.
10. Floss your teeth regularly. This cleans the in betweens and helps gum disease too.
Have a Love Affair With Your Body
11. Look at your body with love and affection.
Refrain from being highly critical.
Adopting a positive body image makes you feel good about yourself. Allow yourself to feel sexy, change your wardrobe, get a new haircut. Do what it takes to make you feel good.
12.Pamper your body from time to time. Have a body massage or a spa treatment.
13. Wash your hands frequently to avoid infections. Every part of your body, including your immune system, functions better when protected from environmental assaults and bolstered by healthy-living strategies such as the simple act of washing your hands.
14. Buy new, comfortable shoes for you feet.
15. Get enough sleep and rest for your body to rejuvenate.
Take Care of Your Heart
16. Eat less salt. Sodium causes high blood pressure.
17. Laugh more often. This increases your feel good hormones and is good for your overall health.
18. Stop complaining. If you know that you are about to rant, choose to shift focus and adopt the attitude of gratitude.
Keys to Happiness
19. No matter what, choose to be happy. This is the secret to having a strong immune system. Happier people get sick less and they live longer too. Commit to take care of you. Meet your needs and allow yourself to grow marvelously in all areas --mind, body, heart, spirit, career, finances.
20. Reach out. Health is not just taking care of your body; it is also about living a meaningful life. Realizing that you are part of something bigger and something profound leads to better health. Happy people are those who love and have a healthy respect for oneself and are able to expand their territory to reach out, help someone and make a difference.
Celebrating the gift of women's health!
By: Michelle Simtoco
Health and Fitness Articles
- Power Wellness articles by Loving Abundance
- Sumo Squat: Women's Buttock Best Friend by Hypnodude
- How to Cook Healthy Without Your Family Knowing About it by Violetsun
- Overcoming Addiction, Obesity, Mental Illness and more by Emohealer
- Mind-Body Fitness Programs for People Over 50 by Green Lotus
- Water Exercise; Why Work Out in the Water by ripplemaker
More by this Author
How do you get rid of toxins of the body in inexpensive ways? Here are simple and practical ways to do it.
Are your ear wax removal practices safe or unsafe? Find out by answering these ear boggling questions.
Need ideas for games or activities for your family reunion? Here are great ideas for you to make sure your family reunion will be fun and memorable.