Twenty one Soothing Sutras For Inner Peace
Maxims inspire us and help humanity grow and blossom into fulfilling dreams. They create motivation to the weary and depressed and can make a difference in whether one lives or dies just by hearing the use of a single word or words. They have been handed down through the ages by men and women of God primarily, and repeated or embellished by the famous, luminaries, athletes and most humans alike in one form or another.
They were originally the language of the ancient sages, rishis and yogis of Truth, as they found them to be excellent tools of communicating deeper and mystical truths. They wrote infrequently at the time, and most of these Maxims (sutras) were memorised by their chelas (students). Today, the use of maxims is on the increase and can also be quoted by those who may not necessarily be consciously intending to follow the way of the Spirit. These include politicians who make great speeches, in order to stir their country to greater heights or to sustain courage.
I have included some Maxims below. Hope that you find them useful in your life's journey.
1. Strive to serve others sleeplessly and soulfully without conditions, the cause being reasonable, and being guided by Divine Grace.
2. The true marriage is a divine one and is based on Oneness. When one’s focus is truly inwards, all else would fall into place. Past and future are always in the Eternal Now.
3. Be mindful and prudent with integrity. God descends from above to treasure our hearts and not our Castles. Work tirelessly for a Higher Cause.
4. Love is the very pulse of Being; the essence of life. It is a Perennial Entity from which all things spring, live and have their Being. He who loves never grows old. God is a shining example.
5. Forgiveness is an inner state. When the heart is right, the whole body will be full of Light.
6. Human attachment is impermanent. We are all weak and are sometimes at the mercy of our emotions.
7. Passion relates to the senses. Love comes from the Spiritual Heart. Not the head. It is pure, tender, universal, innocent and as spontaneous as a child.
8. The past is dust. Let go of burdens and complaints, for they will sit heavily on our' shoulders like dead elephants and wear us down.
9. The Heart is spontaneous. With prayer and meditation, and reliance upon Divine Grace, it will sooner or later follow the Light.
10. One should be sincere, but the Truth that is binding should be avoided.
11. All great aspirations require struggle.
12. Be kind, exercise empathy, we are all carriers of burdens great or small. See the divinity in all Life.
13. What is there to lose? When one has a sad experience, learn from it and move on.
14. “Spirituality is not merely tolerance, it is not even acceptance. It is the feeling of universal oneness” - Sri Chinmoy.
15. The Supreme is your only Friend. All else will fail you. It is wise to let go of little things… the ‘fillers’ in one’s life.
16. Experiences are excellent teachers, let us try to comprehend the lessons being taught.
17. As long as the Heart is smiling, the rest will follow.
18. Actions have no power of themselves. What matters in action is a live vibrant awareness of the power of Spirit. Be dispassionate. Practice loving kindness. Pray …
19. Always remember the mantra: ‘I, am a mere instrument of His’
20. ‘The man of prayer gathers happiness and value from all God’s creation without harming it in any way, just as the bee collects the sweet juice of the flowers, and turns it into honey without injuring their colour or fragrance.’ – Sadhu Sundar Singh-
21. It is good for us to encounter troubles and adversities from time to time, for trouble often compels a man to search his heart…. It is good, too, that we sometimes suffer opposition, and that men think ill of us and misjudge us, even when we do and mean well. Such things are an aid to humility, and preserve us from pride and vainglory. – Thomas A Kempis. -
Manatita 1st April, 2013.
More by this Author
My real niche is mystical; esoteric or ethereal poetry. And inner experience and longing are my greatest strengths. This is a feel-good type of mystical poem.
A poem extolling the virtues of the Seer-Poet and the joys and sublimity of esoteric poetry
A poem expressing the beauty and magic of the awakening dawn