20 Quotes about Smoking
How to Stop Smoking
In this hub I decided to include some funny and inspiring quotes to help stop smoking, I figure many people have tried NHS stop smoking programs not succeeded so I thought why not try some quotes from the minds of geniuses from history.
- The believing we do something when we do nothing is the first illusion of tobacco. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Nicotine patches are great. Stick one over each eye and you can't find your cigarettes. - Unknown
- To smoke or not to smoke: I can make of either a life-work. - Mignon McLaughlin
- Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs. - Unknown
- The best way to stop smoking is to just stop - no ifs, ands or butts.- Unknown
Photo courtesy of amagill
Free Stop Smoking
- Take your life back from the tobacco companies. They don't own you anymore. - Duane Alan Hahn
- I have known many persons who turned their gold into smoke, but you are the first to turn smoke into gold. - Elizabeth I of England
- Seven out of 10 people don't smoke and of those who do, seven out of 10 want to give up. - Scottish Health Minister - Andy Kerr
- Exercise can't counteract the damage being done to your body while you continue to smoke. What exercise can do is help you kick the habit. - Kenneth H. Cooper, MD
Photo courtesy of lawprier
Quit Smoking Free
- Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it. - Ann Landers
- Health is not everything, but without health, everything else is nothing. - Unknown
- The key is focusing on the positive. Build up the good things in your life and the smoking will go away by itself. - Unknown
- I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed. - Jerome K. Jerome
- You know, it's cigarettes that killed (Jerry) Garcia. Everyone thinks it's heroin, but it wasn't. It was cigarettes. - John Mellencamp
Photo courtesy of shannonholman
- The best way to stop smoking is to carry wet matches. - Unknown
- A broken heart is what makes life so wonderful five years later, when you see the guy in an elevator and he is fat and smoking a cigar and saying 'long time no see' .- Phyllis Battelle
- If you stick a cigarette in your ear, you will look stupid. But if you stick one in your mouth, then you are stupid! - Unknown
- Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene.
- Arthur Christopher Benson
- It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin
Photo courtesy of ky_olsen
I would just like to say I hope these were useful quotes, I used to smoke for 5-6 years on and off during university, between 10-20 day. I tried several times to quit and I am pretty sure its for good this time since its been 5 years now, I found the Nicotine gum very useful as well.
More by this Author
http://tinyurl.com/ygkmoo6 flickr Hi guys, Billy Joel fans and fellow harmonica players/learners, This is one song which I found particularly easy to pick up, its a great song and the Youtube video is also especially...
http://tinyurl.com/yace9np flickr 1. Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato 2. Music washes away from...
http://tinyurl.com/yftepen flickr 1. You look like a woman who has an expensive perfume named after her. It has to be called (pause) Incomparable. 2. I didn’t have any body piercing until just now. You pierced...