26 Positive Thoughts I Learned the Hard Way
Karaoke - Chorus to "I Will Be" by Lila McCann
1. Falling down, slipping up, making a mistake - no setback necessarily means failure. Disappointment is a stepping stone, not a stumbling block.
2. It's sad, but it's okay to let go of people, even if it means no longer caring in the same way. Letting go is also a gift of love to myself.
3. It is okay to express a need to someone. Everyone has them sometimes and a particular need may never be met if it is never known to others.
4. I must love myself even at my absolute worst, because very few others will want to be around my worst and even fewer will stay after.
5. God will use me to bless someone else even when I am unaware of it. Finding out about it later is a blessing to me.
6. When I am my most authentic self, I will drive some away from me at times - but I will also make the most difference to someone else another time as a result.
7. The truth within my heart is always present even if God is the only one to recognize it.
8. Sometimes a soft heart feels more like the curse that is the cure. It brings with it deep, passionate negative emotions, especially sadness. It has a longing for the ideals of love. And it also feels that love and compassion just as deeply. Because of it, the joy and the laughter mean twice as much.
9. Sometimes the key to being me is just to be.
10. Sometimes a chance in perspective makes everything better.
11. Forgiving myself for being human - sometimes unlikeable is essential.
12. Spiderwebs are fragile. So are human bonds. Both are beautiful and sparkle in the light.
13. I will not always live up to the image people have of me in their minds. That's okay. If I am truly liked or loved for me and only me, it will not make a difference.
14. Strength does not mean never falling down. Strength is getting back up, facing a challenge, believing in myself - especially when others don't, and not allowing the trials of life to make me bitter or jaded.
15. I will feel what I feel , sometimes to the core of my very being, but it will not keep me incapacitated.
16. I will try not to entertain a negative thought longer than it takes for it to cross my mind, even those that are imposed upon me.
17. I will not wallow in the pain of past experiences or of past mistakes.
18. Ultimately, I am my own best cheerleader, but sometimes hearing the cheers and words of encouragement from others provides a much needed boost. It is of priceless value, but better than riches. I will strive to do the same for others in return.
19. I do not want someone to fix me or my problems. I want to be loved through them. I will do my best to do that for others and to make it known if I can.
20. Sometimes silence is the best gift. There is nothing like an ear to listen when emotions scream to be heard and a kind word or hug after to reassure.
21. Real empathy is not just about feeling what others feel; it is about acknowledging the truth. Sometimes it is not okay and may never be the same even when it is okay again.
22. I will not compare myself to others.
23. It is not selfish to take time for myself to recharge or to regroup. I cannot be my best for others if I am not my best for me.
24. Just because someone stops being my friend, that does not mean I stop being one.
25. Laughter truly is the best medicine for body, mind, and soul
26. I have a right to persue my own dreams and goals. I have a right to make myself happy.
More by this Author
Chasing the wind is not always a bad thing. Not always pointless or fruitless. It can take you places you never dreamed.
A virtual dementia tour stimulates the conditions of someone suffering from dementia so that others can better understand some of the reasons for the strange behaviors. It also promotes more empathy.
Camille Rae is set to release her new single "I Need Me" to country radio. Find out when to listen for it here.