40 Tips for True Pursuit of Happiness and Feeling More Alive
1. Call a friend you have not talked to in a while. Staying in touch with loved ones is vital for the soul.
2. Keep a journal for 40 days. You’ll be surprised how writing about yourself changes one’s perspective.
3. Go for a long walk or hike at least one a week. Preferably in the forest or a park where you are surrounded by trees and plants.
4. See at least one play a year. Local theater is inexpensive and patronizing these establishments helps community actors, writers, and stagehands develop and showcase their talent.
5. Go to the museum. All museums have at least one day a month when admission is free. Take advantage of this opportunity to drink in culture, arts and sciences.
6. Plant an herb garden. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as growing your own food.
7. Go vegetarian for a month. It is great to cleanse and detoxify your body from meats.
8. Write a letter and mail it. With the growing technology of communication, sometimes receiving an old fashioned handwritten letter is a gift in itself.
9. Visit places you’ve never been before just to experience something new. You will be revitalized.
10. Donate a book to your local library. Reading is a joy so share that pleasure with other avid readers.
11. Finish reading a book and recommend it to someone. Sharing ideas are stimulating.
12. Make a new friend or reconnect with a lost one. Good acquaintances add to the quality of one’s life.
13. Spend 30 minutes a day mediating or being introspective.
14. Try a new food every month. There are so many international foods, fruits and vegetables one should be adventurous.
15. Smile and say hi to at least one stranger a day. Smiling doesn't cost a cent and yet it is so rewarding to receive a sincere friendly greeting.
16. Be silent and listen carefully. Hold the questions and comments until you had heard the entire story before speaking.
17. Be a community service volunteer. Get involved and be counted.
18. Stay curious about all aspects of life. Toddlers and teenagers are the greatest risk takers because they have the drive to discover new experiences.
19. Act out a scene from your favorite movie or play. Sometimes spontaneous silliness leads to great exhilaration.
20. Be generous. If you cannot donate money, donate time.
21. Read poetry aloud. Poems are original rap songs. Hear the words and meter with your own ears and not just in your head.
22. Watch a sunrise. Witnessing the magnificence of nature is awe inspiring.
23. Forgive a foe. Harboring grudges is toxic and should be purged.
24. Literally stop and smell the roses. Natural beauty should be appreciated as often as possible.
25. Give a massage. Learn how to rejuvenate with healing hands and you will be everyone’s best friend.
26. See the ocean. If you have never seen the ocean, you will be humbled by the sheer immensity, beauty and mystery.
27. Attend a concert. Watching artists perform live in a theater or music hall immensely increases the enjoyment of listening to music. The group experience makes a huge and lasting impression on people.
28. Quit your worse bad habit and then reward yourself with something special. You deserve it.
29. Make someone laugh. It wonderful to be able to lift the mood and spirit of another human being.
30. Tell someone you love them. Often we do not express deep emotions for fear of being rejected. If you give something without expecting anything in return, the selfless act in itself will be a reward.
31. Give someone a second chance. Showing patience, kindness and mercy is something we should all strive for. To err is human, to forgive is divine.
32. Don’t give up even if you think you failed. We learn more from our failures than successes. Think of it as a setback not a stop sign.
33. Surround yourself with people of all ages, races and cultures. Variety is the spice of life and that applies to people as well.
34. Be open to change. All sorts of possibilities and opportunities abound if one is willing to have an open mind and heart.
35. Make a conscious effort to smile. Smiling is the fastest and best way to make positive contact with someone. It doesn't hurt to be friendly.
36. Take yourself out on a date. Learning to enjoy life means liking the person you are and truly feeling comfortable with yourself.
37. Take a picture of the sunset. Every day the sky is different. Capture the moment and recount the day’s events in detail.
38. Read Joseph Campbell and learn to follow your bliss.
39. Learn the lyrics to an entire song. It’s a melodic way to memorize poetry.
40. Travel if you can. See the world. Meet new people.
Make every day count. Eat when you’re hungry, sleep when you’re tired, drink when you’re thirsty and don’t forget to breathe! After taking care of your body, nurture and pamper your mind and soul. Sometimes we have to slow down and be very deliberate in our actions. Too often we just go through the motions trying to do as much as possible without questioning why we do half the things we do. That is how life passes us by. Stop and ponder. Who am I? Where have I been? Where am I going? It’s these questions that will guide you towards a true pursuit of happiness and feeling more alive.
Its a Big List of Ways to Make you Feel Alive Everyday...... Still you have your own ways to earn happiness everyday....... Please share them in Comment Box :)
Articles | You will Love
More by this Author
Here we bring you 6 amazing tips to build a better LinkedIn profile, which are recommended by hiring experts and reputed psychologists who have mastered the art of making a kick-ass first impression.
If you want to catch right things….. Stop chasing for wrong things you give It may seem rather difficult but it is entirely possible to bring about positive change in your life. One reason that the path to...