5 Best Eczema Home Remedies: Flaxseed Oil, Topical Primrose Oil and More
Eczema is a skin condition that is continually increasing among people in industrialized cultures with up to eighteen percent of infants being effected. In contrast, outlying parts of developing countries have a rate of only three percent. There are many conventional topical creams available. Unfortunately, they only provide temporary relief for unpleasant symptoms and do not cure the underlying cause.
Eczema natural treatment involves eliminating known causes for the condition and enhancing the bodies defensive and offensive mechanisms. Eczema or atopic dermatitis is the manifestation of dry, cracked, sometimes red, itchy skin as a immune response to an allergen.
Candida, the overgrowth of unfriendly yeast in the digestive system, leads to food allergies and then eczema. It is either acquired from birth or through overuse of antibiotics. Conventional eczema creams use steroids which promote candida growth and may trigger even more flare ups.
The benefit of natural treatment is that while the exact cause of an individuals eczema may not be known, natural treatments are able to address and treat all underlying conditions. Research has found that the underlying conditions previously mentioned are always present in people with eczema.
Here are the 5 best eczema home remedies:
1) Eliminate unhealthy foods - such as packaged foods and margarine's, shortenings and salad dressings that contain hydrogenated oils.
2) Increase antioxidant intake - To boost immune defenses and increase antioxidant power supplement with vitamin A and E. Increase immune boosters intake - Take vitamin C and zinc to promote healing.
3) Increase probiotic intake - To restore intestinal flora take the probiotics acidophilus and bifidus. To improve symptoms of eczema such as itching take GLA. The best source is found in borage oil.
4) Increase digestive enzyme intake - To help prevent food allergies take digestive enzymes containing all food group enzymes. For children under two, children’s enzyme formulas are available. Enzymes should always be taken with meals and snacks.
5) Increase healthy oil intake - Use flax seed oil internally and evening primrose oil externally. Both have powerful immune boosting and anti-inflammatory capabilities. Studies show that almost seventy percent of eczema sufferers show great improvement with the topical application of primrose oil alone.
More by this Author
The two approaches to treating cancer sores are with the use of chemicals which only mask the problem and the natural approach which can cure cancer sores permanently.
A diet high in processed and refined foods as well as food sensitivities have been directly linked to the development of scalp scales and crust flakes. Eliminating these foods and adding key nutrients to the diet will...
White patches on the skin or Vitiligo is a condition that may be caused by a number of different health conditions. Not only is vitiligo reversible but so are the health conditions that causes it.