5 Fast and Easy Diet Friendly Breakfast Ideas
Do you skip breakfast? If you're wondering why you're having trouble losing weight, it just might be because you're overlooking what many experts believe is the most important meal of the day.
Many dieters claim that they prefer to skip breakfast because they don't want to start using up their calories for the day first thing in the morning. While this line of thinking may seem logical, the fact is that people who skip breakfast are likely to eat more calories throughout the day than those who start the day off with a healthy meal.
The fact is that you don't have to eat a big meal early in the day to enjoy the benefits of breakfast. Choose something low in fat and sugar but high in protein and "good" carbohydrates and you'll be on your way to developing positive eating habits that will serve you well throughout your lifetime.
5 Quick Diet Friendly Breakfast Ideas
1. Yogurt – Yogurt can be an excellent choice early in the morning provided that you select a low fat variety that is not filled with sugar or high fructose corn syrup. When you are shopping for yogurt, choose a variety that is sweetened with Splenda, such as Dannon Light & Fit or Weight Watchers, or Truvia sweetened Dannon YoCrunch.
2. Smoothie – Instead of eating yogurt straight from the container, you may want to consider making a yogurt smoothie. Choose your favorite flavor of low fat, no sugar added yogurt and blend with skim milk, and ice cubes. Toss in a few chunks of fresh fruit before blending for added sweetness and fiber.
3. Oatmeal – Oatmeal is a great breakfast option that is an excellent source of soluble fiber. For maximum nutritional benefits, avoid instant oatmeal, opting instead for regular or steel cut oats. Even though they require a little more cooking time than the instant variety, they provide more nutritional benefits.
4. Protein Bar – There are several varieties of great tasting protein bars available in supermarkets, drug stores, and other retail outlets. These items can be a perfect breakfast on-the-go choice for those mornings that you need to toss something that doesn't require refrigeration or cooking in your bag to snack on during your morning commute.
5. Nuts – Eating a hand full of nuts is also a good way to get
your day off to a good start. Nuts are a terrific source of protein and fiber,
and can be quite filling. They tend to be high in calories, so portion control
is important. However, since nuts are so filling, you'll only need a few to
stave off hunger pangs and get your body functioning at peak capacity early in
the day. Almonds and pistachios are particularly good choices, but any type of nuts will do.
More by this Author
Are you looking for a great place to enjoy a leisurely Sunday brunch in Mobile, AL. There are many great places where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend brunch meal all over town. 4 Favorite Restaurants for Sunday...