Top 5 tips to living a healthy happy longer life
These are some of my top rules I believe you should live by because I believe they help me to live a healthier and happier life. I am sharing these rules of happiness with you in the hopes that if you want to try some or all of these that they will help you to feel better in your life as well. If you have any questions feel free to ask me anything regarding the information I am giving you today. I wish you all the best in life. Enjoy your read.
My number 1 rule for Happiness
1) Exercise your mind - Read every day, do what you can to keep your mind active. The saying is true that when you don’t use it you will lose it especially when it comes to your mind. Your mind is most important because even if you have a healthy body if your mind is fading away your body can’t do a thing about it and your healthy body will just start to fade as well. Read or play problem solving games. Just do something that gets you to think every day.
My number 2 rule for Happiness
2) Exercise your body – As it is true with your mind it is also true for your body. If you don’t use it you will lose it. Keep active. Exercise every day if you can. Do anything and everything you can to just move. You should be able to get 30 to 60 minutes every single day of vigorous activity which is great even if you have to do it in 10 minute increments. Just do it. The more you do now the more you keep elderly sicknesses and degenerative problems like osteoporosis at bay. Think of your body as a fine tuned race car. If you stop greasing and changing the oil and running the fast speed car eventually it will seize up and never be the same again. Get active and keep the race car that is you going and going strong. Do anything, walk, jog, aerobics, lift weights, pilates, yoga, treadmill, swimming, bike riding, rollerblading, skating. The list of activities to do to keep yourself active is endless.
My number 3 Happiness rule
3) Drink water every day – Water is essential for life and is the most important ingredient in you to keep your body and mind healthy and happy. Everything in your body functions better when you are well hydrated. Another great thing about keeping hydrated is that the water will carry toxins out of your body which will in turn help you to feel better physically. If you are dehydrated those toxins build up in your system making you feel worse, sluggish, tired just no energy among other things. To get a more in depth look at what water will do for you check out the Hub below called Water – The benefits of drinking it.
My number 4 rule of Happiness
4) Lose weight – don’t overeat. Some overweight people will try to tell you that they are comfortable being overweight. Are you kidding me? I don’t believe them for a second. When I am just 10 to 20 lbs over weight I notice the difference. From trying to tie my shoes to running up the stairs. It even affects your sleep when you are over weight.
I also know how it feels to not have much of a belly and how all of those things I mentioned are way easier for me. Let’s not forget that having excess weight puts you at a higher risk for certain diseases and even heart attack. My number 2 and 3 rules above will help you lose weight.
The most important thing you can do to lose weight is count calories. Find out how many calories you need to maintain your current weight and take 500 calories off and eat that amount a day until you stop losing weight and then take another 500 off of that etc. It doesn’t matter what you do, if you have excess calories in a day you will gain weight plain and simple.
My number 5 and Final Rule of Happiness
5) Don’t live beyond your means – Meaning, do not spend more money in a month than you take home in a month. Most people I talk to cannot do this consistently. Sure every 11 or 12 months or so they might be able to do it for one month but that just is not enough. I realize that this is a tough one to do but it is necessary if you want to have minimal stress in your life which will in turn improve your mood and quality of life instantly. Realistically things happen and some months you just have to put out more than you take in and that is fine but on average the scale should be tipped more to living below your means than beyond. Stop buying things you really don’t need. Sell your high mortgage house and purchase something cheaper. Do you need more than one car? Do you need designer clothes or do you need to buy clothes every month? Probably not. Instead of buying a mocha latte on the way to work save that $5 and make one at home and bring it to work in your covered coffee mug. There are many things you can do to help you to live below your means. It just takes some work to figure those things out. Keep a log of what you spend and owe for a month and evaluate your spending and debt after a month and do something about it.
More by this Author
Learn what muscle to exercise to attract women. Women are attracted to this muscle so make sure you show it.
Learn how to tone and firm flabby arms the most efficient way possible. How do you lose arm fat. Tone Women's arms using these exercises for quick results.
What to use for hooking up water to your fridge? Here is a how-to, with recommendations for the best types of lines.