50 Fabulous Life Goals
When I was at school, my adult relatives used to ask me "what do you want to become when you grow up?" I knew they were pointing towards my career goal. So I would answer easily. But as I left school, grew up, joined college, started working, got married, had a child and bought a house, I couldn't just have one goal. My list of goals kept growing. I love this saying, “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” by C.S. Lewis. Now I have many goals in my life. As I was reading about goals of other people, I thought I should write down my own goals. After reading this article I hope you will be inspired to write and share some of your goals in life that you really like to achieve.
1. Learn to make best easy and healthy snacks, each from different countries: It will be fun once I achieved this goal- there will be new snacks in my home every day. I have whole life to master in all of them and I will choose the easy ones.
2. Learn to perform a CPR: Achieved.
3. Learn to knit: I know how to knit a simple blanket but I am yet to learn how to finish those complex tasks such as to knit a sweater or stockings by knitting.
4. Learn to make lots of friends: Poor me, I don't have many friends.
5. Develop my sense of humour: This will help me make more friends, wouldn't it.
6. Study Naturopathy- My interest in Naturopathy grew since I started working in Health care field, especially after seeing the increase in infection rate with the misuse of pharmacological medicines such as antibiotics.
7. Learn Chakra Meditation- yet to achieve.
8. Lose my belly fat: I have ideal body weight, but belly fat that I got after having my first child is yet to lose.
9. Be able to give speech in front of hundreds of people: This is the goal that I had since my school days, but yet to achieve.
10. Learn yoga from professional: I started taking yoga class, but I stopped due to busy schedule of MY life- this is my excuse for now. I am planning to join class again in 2014.
11. Stay fit: I go for walk at least one hour every day, enjoy gardening every day, play ball with my child in a park at least twice a week.
12. Visit all the stunning places in Nepal: My brother in law keeps posting photos of the places he has visited in Nepal where tourist rarely have access to. I would really like to visit all those places. They look stunning in pictures.
13. Read hundred popular novels : I have only read 20 fabulous novels until now including Harry Potter, 80 more to go.
14. Join painting class
15. Ride a horse: This is my dream goal forever.
16. Ride elephant: This is my dream goal as well, just need to go to Nepal or India, I have seen my friend's pictures riding in Elephant in Nepal's National Park
17. Ride Camels in Egypt
18. Get a Tattoo: Yet to do.
19. Visit the Seven Wonders of the World.
20. Learn to make animation: I was learning to make animation on my own about few years ago but after I started working and had a child, just didn't have time for this. I would really love to make my own video that would have animated characters.
21. Learn Scuba diving: Who doesn't want to learn Scuba diving and see all those beautiful fishes and sharks and other creatures living in water.
22. Visit the city of Dubai.
23. Visit Italy and eat the best Pizza of the world over there.
24. Learn professional photography: When I will visit those beautiful places in Nepal, I chose to use my best photography skills to take great memorable pictures.
25. Get married to a loving partner: Achieved
26. Give birth to healthy child: Achieved
27. Go out together once a week with family: Every weekend.
28. Cook healthy meals for family: Every day I prepare meals for our family.
29. Spend time with family: For now as my child is small, we always have breakfast and dinner together but as my child will grow up, it won't be possible. But, my goal will change as he will grow up.
30. Keep my family healthy: Ongoing- Cook healthy food, go outdoors with family for long walk.
31. Keep in touch with my parents, brothers and sisters: I contact my family atleast once every week, thanks to Skype! My parents are coming to visit in February 2013 and will be staying for more than a month with us, exciting!
32. Get a graduate degree: Achieved.
33. Be a registered nurse: Achieved
34. Be a clinical nurse educator: working on it
35. Get a master's degree in nursing education: Yet to join
36. Learn to express through writing: On progress
37. Write and publish a novel: On progress
38. Write a script for a movie
39. Write and publish an e-book
40. Write 50 stories: Have written only 3 until now, long way to go.
41. Make new friends: As I got married and had a child, I really feel like having more friends who have child or children. we can share common feelings.
42. Get together: I do organize get together parties at least twice a year with my old friends and new friends.
43. Buy a property: Achieved
44. Finish paying the mortgage: Half paid, half to be paid
45. Get a brand new car: Just got one
46. Save hundred thousand dollars
47. Remodel my kitchen
48. Redesign my bathroom
49. Change my general garden to garden with raised beds: Will be easy to maintain and will give my garden a great modern look.
50. Grow most of the herbs in my garden: For now I only have mint and coriander but I would like to grow other healthy herbs such as ginger, garlic, turmeric so that I can boost the immune system of myself and my family by using fresh herbs in food. I also want to be able treat minor health problems by using natural ingredients instead of using over the counter medicines whenever possible.
So these are my 50 life goals. I have achieved some, some I am yet to achieve. I know some I will achieve soon, but some will take time, but I have got clear goals in my mind and I will work to achieve them. I also love this saying “If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else.” by Yogi Berra.
I will keep updating how far I am at achieving my goals.
More by this Author
Juicy and spicy soda water, a popular drink sold in streets of India, is mysteriously delicious. I will share with you all the mysterious spices found in this unique drink that will make your drink tasty and keep you...
What else can I think of other than momo/dumplings in this weather. Momo is popular dish in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. The Nepali momos tastes completely different from dumplings of other countries because of its spicy...
If you are going through the craving for foods such as chips and lollies or for spices and chillies uncontrollably, your body is sending you the important message about your health. In this article you will find out...