50 Positive Things To Do When Feeling Down
Everyone has their ups and downs. There are some days where you feel like you are on top of the world. Other days bring disappointment and despair. How you handle the roller coaster in many instances will determine your enjoyment of life. It can also affect your effectiveness.
Many people do things that eventually harm themselves or others. This temporary gratification can be dangerous. Here are some positive things you can do to help get you back in your zone. These are derived from both personal experience and input from others. Find out what works for you.
1. Listen to your favorite Song, Group, or Artist
2. Watch your favorite movie.
3. Talk to your most trusted friend. You can tell your best friend almost anything.
4. Go to your favorite place.
5. Read a book – Oh the magic of escaping into a book for a couple of hours.
6. Play your favorite sport.
7. Play an instrument.
8. Write your thoughts in a journal. You can let it all out on paper and nobody has to judge you.
10. Write Poetry.
11. Watch your favorite TV Show on DVD
12. Do something nice for someone – It is amazing what affect it will have on you.
13. Listen to Motivational Audio – Zig Ziglar, Les Brown, and Bob Proctor are great examples.
14. Eat your favorite food or meal.
15. Exercise – Get those endorphins going.
16. Go dancing.
17. Turn up your music loud and clean your house.
18. Go bike riding.
19. Work on your car.
20. Play your favorite game (board game).
21. Watch your favorite sport.
22. Draw or paint – It’s a great form of expression.
23. Tell someone you love them. The power of love is amazing!
24. Play with your children – This will help you to re-focus on what is important in life.
25. Play your favorite video game.
26. Go on a mini Vacation
27. Write a song – Music is has a special power. It is capable of moving an entire generation (ie.Make’s Me Wanna Holler, Keep Your Head Up, Smells Like Teen Spirit)
28. Go for a long walk
29. Go to church
30. Go to the driving range.
31. Go to the batting cages – Release negative energy in a positive way.
32. Go fishing
33. Cook your specialty meal
34. Visit a place you’ve never been to.
35. Pop in a video of your favorite comedian.
36. Order Flowers for yourself
37. Knit or Crochet.
38. Play Pool (Billiards)
39. Play a game of Poker with Friends
40. Go for a swim
41. Relax and stare at the sky (clouds/stars)
42. Go to a museum.
43. Go to the library.
44. Read a comic book.
45. Read the Bible – The greatest book of encouragement.
46. Work on a Puzzle.
47. Watch your favorite cartoons.
48. Make a Gratitude List – You will realize how blessed you really are.
49. Sing in the Shower – Sing as though “no one” can hear you!
50. Go Shopping – Treat yourself, but be responsible about it.
More by this Author
The Cagle Post The year 2012 was a very interesting year. There was the larger than life pagentry of the Olympics. New stars were born while the greatest Olympian of all time swam his last lap. There was the rematch...
Mitchell and Ness Nostalga Co. The selling of throwback and retro jerseys over the last 15 years has been lucrative. It even became the main fasihion in the Hip-Hop industry for a few years. Many tried to get their...
Over the years there have been many wrestlers who have made a monumental impact on the sport. Unfortunately like most businesses, wrestling was divided up into various companies and territories. Some of the various...