What's On Your Bucket List?
Who doesn't like a challenge?
One of my favorite quotes is:
Do or don't do. There is no try. -Yoda
There is no gray area with this quote. It's a simple phrase to follow. Either do or don't do. Don't just try.
Imagine the rush you will feel when you do. If you don't feel comfortable with the challenge than don't do.
Either way at least you don't waste your time trying...Just do. See how simple that is.
The ideas listed could be added to your bucket list.
They could also be done on the weekend when you are in need of an exciting adventure.
Or you could just consider them a challenge to try just, once in a lifetime.
You could at least try to do something you've never done before. You never know, you might really enjoy it. You then might want to do it more often.
Whether you are carefree or a rebel...never stop doing.
Once in a lifetime...
50 Things To Do...
- Pull an all nighter. Do not sleep for 24 hours. You might enjoy it or you might not, I bet you appreciate the experience.
- Eat the entire cheesecake. I guarantee you never do that again!
- Go for a ride on a motorcycle! Even if some people might consider it a donor-cycle, you might enjoy the thrill of the ride. Do or do not wear a helmet.
- Swim in the ocean and don't fear sharks. What are the chances a shark will be there lurking about? Use caution in waters around the state of Florida.
- Change a diaper. A messy one. There are plenty of people who haven't maneuvered this yet. Be daring!
- For women: Shave your hair off. Britney Spears did it and so can you!
- For men: Grow a fu manchu mustache.
- Climb a mountain. To the top.
- Spend the entire day in bed. Whether solo or with a partner...enjoy the moment.
- Create a YouTube video of yourself singing karaoke. Post it on Facebook.
- Build a snowman. Taste the snow. Eat the snow...while it's fresh and hasn't been sitting around and has shades of yellow on it.
- Write your memoirs. Who knows you better than you know yourself. Create an eBook of you.
- Spend the day outdoors with no shoes. I love being barefoot and I would love to be daring enough to do this. It's just not sanitary or safe. I need to practice what I preach.
- Don't skirt around the sprinklers, walk through them.
- Go fly a kite. When is the last time you took the time to enjoy a beautiful day outdoors just being a kid again? If you have kids, by all means, invite them along.
- Go skinny-dipping. Either solo or with your entire book club. Hey, this is your bucket list...aim high.
- Write an erotic poem. Express the inner romantic in you.
- Read the first and last page of a book, use your imagination to figure out what was written on the other pages.
- Have flowers delivered to someone you love.
- Dine at a Chinese restaurant and order a pizza with extra pepperoni. Seriously, their expressions would be quite a memory.
- Go skydiving, parachuting or bungee jumping. This would be considered daring. Godspeed.
- Leave the car at home and travel by bus for a far-out adventure.
- Let your voice be heard by joining a protest for any cause.
- Dine on frog legs while hopping around.
- Send an email to the President and share your thoughts.
Bucket List starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman
26. Go horseback riding while appreciating a nature trail.
27. Visit a farm. Milk a cow. Feed a pig.
28. Sleep under the stars.
29. Test drive a Lamborghini.
30. Take a pole dancing class.
31. Take a long walk off a short pier.
32. Go White Water rafting.
33. Get a piercing or a tattoo.
34. Poop in the woods. Steer clear of poison ivy.
35. Get drunk. Yes, sloppy drunk. But, don't drive. Prepare ahead of time to be ill afterwards.
36. Roast marshmallows at a campfire.
37. Smoke a little smoke while listening to the Doobie Brothers.
38. Jump in the lake!
39. Forgive a foe. No one says you have to forget, but forgiving someone who wronged you is good for your health.
40. Swim with the dolphins.
41. Take a stroll through Central Park. Make it a kodak moment with many photos.
42. Write your eulogy. Have your voice heard one final time. What would you want every one to know about your life.
43. Spend a weekend at a nudist beach, or maybe a day, or a minute.
44. Ride in a limo and pretend you are a celebrity. Dress like a success!
45. Go to a midnight showing of a movie. Indulge in buttered popcorn.
46. Plant a tree in memory of a loved one.
47. Dress up as Santa and give out candy canes in June.
48. Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
49. Train and run in a 5K.
50. While in London tickle a Royal Guard.
Keith Urban - Once In A Lifetime
Will you try any of these interesting ideas?See results without voting
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu
More by this Author
Are you a candidate for a total knee replacement? If so, I hope this article which includes my husband's joint replacement will benefit you. Hip and shoulder replacement candidates could also benefit.
Randy Bilyeu went missing in Santa Fe while searching for Forrest Fenn's treasure. Randy's journey continues to be documented by Linda Bilyeu.
Most of us do love thy neighbor, because the majority of neighbors are amazing people. Then you have the annoying neighbors. I've compiled a list of 25 ideas on how to handle those neighbors . . .