20 Signs You Might Be Sleep Deprived
It's a scientific fact that the human body needs sleep. In order for us to function properly we must get appropriate rest. Most of us need lots of it. Some of us don't need that much.
There are times when for one reason or another we don't get adequate slumber and it does catch up with us.
There are warning signs to be aware of that would let you know if you are possibly sleep deprived. I've included some signs below. Lack of sleep signs vary from person to person.
What happens to one person might not happen to another. We are all unique. We know our bodies and if one or more of these signs has happened to you I suggest trying to catch up with your slumber.
Some of us might feel that sleep is overrated and that you could survive with just a few hours a night. Some of you might think that you will have enough sleep when you are dead. This might be true also, but if you don't get enough sleep you might be dead sooner then you think.
Studies show that lack of sleep leads to obesity, depression, heart disease, anxiety and diabetes. Sleep is crucial to our well being.
How many times have you done something silly, mind-blowing or life threatening when you didn't receive the recommended daily dosage of sleep? I'm sure you have your tales to tell. Please feel free to share them in the comment section below.
20 Signs of Possible Sleep Deprivation...
- You brushed your teeth with Preparation H instead of toothpaste.
- You washed your hair with Nair instead of shampoo. On the positive side, your hair will grow back.
- Instead of attempting to turn off your alarm clock, you turn your TV on, because you fell asleep with the remote control in your hand.
- While preparing your morning coffee you use corn starch instead of sugar as sweetener.
- The phone rings in the middle of the night and you pick up and speak into your slipper.
- You walk outside to retrieve the newspaper, wave hello to your neighbor. Her astonished expression makes you realize you are buck naked.
- Your pet pooch quizzically looks at you when you serve him a banana for breakfast while you are crunching away at his dog biscuit.
- You get to the office and realize you are still in your pajamas!
- Your wife calls to ask if by any chance you have seen your child's backpack, you look on your desk and Hello Kitty is glaring at you.
- In rushing back home to retrieve your brief case and return the glaring Hello Kitty to it's rightful owner you get a speeding ticket. When the officer asks for your license you hand him a condom.
More signs you might need more sleep...
11. You pull into a drive-thru and order an egg sandwich and coffee. The person responds "will this be a deposit or withdrawal?"
12. You send a naughty text to your significant other only to realize that it went to your mother. She texts you back and says "Wait until your father gets home!"
13. After an extended period of weird glances from random people, you look down and notice that your fly is open. Your patriotic briefs are exposed! You proceed to salute.
14. You start to nod off while shopping at Kohls and decide to take a snooze on the bedding display.
15. While admiring the yard work that took you three hours to complete, your neighbor steps outside. He waves and says "Much appreciated, my yard has never looked better!"
16. You are startled awake by your cat licking your face. This tends to happen when you fall asleep while loading the dishwasher and you briefly rest your head on the counter.
17. While enjoying a day at the beach you fall asleep and wake up looking like Lone Ranger since you had your sunglasses on.
18. You post TGIF as your Facebook status only to be told that it's Tuesday.
19. You walk into a sliding glass door. Knock yourself out. Curl into a fetal position and take a cat nap.
20. You take a nosedive into your plate of spaghetti.
Is it time for you to get more zzzzz's?
Bed pillows on Amazon
You could try counting sheep...
Are you sleep deprived?See results without voting
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu
More by this Author
Death is inevitable. We live, we die. There is no in between. We grief, we mourn. Our hearts ache. We deal with the many "firsts" while we heal and we adjust to our new normal...
Are you a candidate for a total knee replacement? If so, I hope this article which includes my husband's joint replacement will benefit you. Hip and shoulder replacement candidates could also benefit.
Have you ever received a letter from your Homeowners Association? The letter that notifies you that your lawn isn't green enough or that you left a tricycle on the porch? I have and I thought I'd write them a letter...