6 Surprising Home Remedies
Home Remedies for you
Did you know that green tea relieves and itchy scalp and fennel seeds relieve gas and wind? Well you do now. Hello, I am Edie O'Reilly and I have put together these home remedies that I know you will enjoy and some you may be surprised about. Who needs the first aid kit, just go to your kitchen cupboard and start mending the aches and pains.
- Yogurt- The bad breath repellant. The good bacteria in the yogurt balances the gut and saliva and gets rid of any odor in the mouth. Plain, organic yogurt will do, just add your own bits of fresh fruit to make it tasty.
- Green tea- The scalp expert. Yes, there is more uses for green tea then we all suspected. This tea is said to help the scalp regain moisture and rid itself of dandruff. Steep two tea bags in 1 cup hot water and allow to cool. Once cooled take the tea in the shower and apply to your scalp after you have washed your hair.
- Potatoes- The burn buster. Yes, the old Irish favorite for your evening tea (dinner for those in the US) is also good at cooling and healing burns. If you happen to burn yourself, cut a piece of tati (potato for those of you outside Ireland) and strap it on the burn using a bandage and feel the heat ease away. It won't just take the heat out of the burn it also stops the burn from blistering and it won't stick to your skin....
- Horseradish- This congestion clearing tuber is said to clear the sinuses if sniffed or eaten. I do believe this as I have often got a runny nose after eating horseradish. J
- Fennel Seeds- These tiny gas dispelling seeds will get rid of any gas or wind that may be making you a bit airy. They neutralize the air in the system by getting rid of the gas. They also taste nice. If dining in India you will be rest assured to be offer these tasty treats. Toasting them in a dry pan gives them a nutty flavor. In addition, they make a great tea. Steep 1 teaspoon of seeds in 1 cup of hot water for 10 minutes and drink warm or cold.
- Onions- Bug bite reliever. Onions are said to relieve the skin of itchy bug bites. Onions can be used for mosquito bites or any itchy bite. The sulfites in the onions help relieve the skin. Just cut the onion and rub over bite. Any type of onion will do.
These are my 6 Surprising Home Remedies. I hope you are able to use one or more of them. Remember, food isn't just to eat, but it can also be used as medicine. If you find my home remedies useful please leave me a comment, or if you have some home remedies of your own then please share.
More by this Author
Practical, easy-to-follow advice on how to get your bowels moving naturally without medication or drugs. These easy steps may change your life forever.