Brain Foods To Increase Your Memory
Berries And More Berries
1. Berries the brain food to improve memory. Specifically blueberriesare the power berries to improve memory. Berries are chucked full of antioxidants. Eating just a 1/4 cup of blueberries everyday will help your memory. True Stories; Two examples in particular my aunt who noticed she was becoming more forgetful started to worry, and asked her doctor if there was anything she could do to help her memory. He told her blueberries, everyday. She started eating blueberries everyday, and noticed an improvement in her memory. The second example is my mom she constantly holds up the blueberry flag declarring how they have really helped her. For the past 2 months or so she has not missed a single day of eating her berries and tells me not only did it help her memory, but has given her a second benefit with elimination.
Blueberries And Beyond
Blueberries are the best because of the anthocyanic purple blue pigments and chlorogenic acid found in them. Not only do they help the brain but they are excellent anti-inflammatory agents within them. Other berries which have great health benefits are cherries, cranberries, and raspberries.
Mother Always Said Eat Your Spinach
2. Spinach contains potassium, magnesium, vitamin B12, and vitamin B6, and folic acid which are a great combination for brain power. The folic acid in spinach help protect neurons in the brain. These vitamins also play a big part in helping to make healthy red blood cells which is the vehicle to carry oxygen to the brain. Spinach has multitude benefits besides being a healthy brain food. The potassium and magnesium are proven agents in helping to lower the blood pressure. So listening to your mother when she said eat your spinach she's right. Keeping eating your spinach.
3.Oranges are mostly known for their high concentration of vitamin C. Whether eaten fresh or as fresh orange juice, they are powerful brain boosters, and they are well-known as being a great immune booster. Oranges also protect against heart disease. Oranges contain flavonoids which also is an added benefit for helping to prevent varicose veins.
Oranges being high in vitamin C is the agent to protect your body againt free radicals which are damaging to the body. Vitamin C is a powerful antiodants. Oranges are heart healthy, and, great for starting your day with a glass of orange juice.
4. Who knew? Potatoes to improve memory. Yes potatoes do help with memory. Potatoes are loaded with potassium which is a nutrient to aid in lowering and/or regulating blood pressure.
5. Black-eyed peas and not the band..lol. Yes black-eye peas are a great source for brain power and improving memory. Black-eye peas also has calcuim which is an added bonus.
6. Pomegrante, do not worry drinking pomegrante juice is just as good. Pomegrante has multi-purpose benefits. Remember the rule rich color foods everyday in your diet. Dark greens, and your pomegrante is also been said to be good for helping to prevent cancer. Pretty much most health nuts are familiar with foods which help to boost your memory. I tried to find some other alternatives that are less commonly found on most super brain food list.
As always your nuts, and whole grains such as flaxseed oil, walnuts, and omega 3 are always good to mention.
Pomegrante To Your Memory
Other Articles on Super Foods
- Foods that are Rich in Dietary Minerals and its Bene...
Dietary minerals are like vitamins which can be found in natural food, as well as food supplements. Minerals are essential to our health and they are in fact needed by our body for optimum overall health....
- 10 Super Brain Foods For Your Kids
Do you want your kids to do well in school?Do you want them to be good in sports and music as well?It certainly pays to take a look at the daily diet given. Are your children getting proper nutrition and at...
- Exercise Your Brain To Improve Concentration And Mem...
Mental health is as important, if not more, as one's physical health. Whatever be your age,a human brain needs to be exercised regularly in order to improve upon one's concentration , memory and IQ which...
More by this Author
Learn the health benefits of B6, and how it can improve your health.
Vitamin B12 have a numerous amount of benefits that can help individuals in different ways. The most common benefit of B12 is its ability to boost ones energy level, and speed up your metabolism. Patients who suffer...
Do you really know the difference between a plasma, smart, and LED TV, if not this article will clear up your confusion.