7 Super Foods To Include In Your Diet
Whether you are a fan of vegetables and super foods or not it is essential that you include them in your diet. There are a number of benefits to including these healthy foods into your daily diet. Super foods are packed with nutrients and contain vitamins, minerals, and many other nutrients. Here are 7 healthy super foods you should include in your diet.
1. Berries are toward the top of the list for healthy foods because they are packed with antioxidants to help protect the cells from damage. They also contain a great deal of Vitamin C and soluble fiber. A common worry with aging is short term memory loss, which blueberries can help prevent.
2. Broccoli is certainly not among the top of the list for many people when it comes to super green foods. But broccoli is one of the healthiest greens you should be including in your diet. It is excellent at helping prevent cancer and is great for boosting your immune system. This can help you fight off the common cold and stay healthy.
3. Although garlic often gets overlooked, numerous studies have shown that a regular consumption of garlic can lower our blood pressure. On top of lowering our blood pressure, it also prevents the blood from being overly sticky and decreases the LDL cholesterol. While LDL is the bad cholesterol, it helps increase the good cholesterol, HDL cholesterol.
4. Spinach is another super green food that may not taste the best but is something you definitely want to include in your daily diet. Lutein is one of the best foods for preventing cataracts, which is a large part of spinach. Another benefit to spinach is that lutein helps prevent age related macular degeneration, which is the leading cause of preventable blindness.
5. Tomatoes are something that taste good and are extremely healthy for you. There are high levels of lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant to help protect the cells in our bodies from damage.
6. Turkey is among the top meats you will want to include in your diet. It is one of the leanest protein foods and is low in calories. Another thing it contains is selenium, which has been found to inhibit cancer development, improve the immune system, and assist the metabolism.
7. Spirulina This blue green algae my look unappetizing but it packs more nutrition in a single teaspoon than a bushel full of greens. This microscopic food contains large amounts of protein, vitamins; minerals and is easily absorbed for instant nutrition. It is naturally low in fat and sugar and provides a large assortment of phytonutrients as well.
These are just a few of the best super foods you can and should include in your daily diet. You can benefit greatly from them by increasing your immune system, providing you with more energy, and preventing a number of diseases.
You probably know by now that Enerfood super green energy drink is filled with lots of spirulina, spinach and other whole vegetable nutrients. You can DRINK your daily requirement of veggies in a delicious smoothie!
No comments yet.