7 Tips to Sleep Better And Wake up Looking Younger!
No more tossing and turning, here’s how to get a good night’s rest and overhaul your mind and body at the same time.
- As soon as you get home it’s time to take off your make-up and put on your night-time moisturizer. ‘Night is when your skin repairs itself’. So it’s more susceptible to the potent cocktail of anti-aging ingredients and the earlier you pop them on, the more time they have to work. When it gets dark, your body slows down and realizes it should be resting, so even if you’re working the night shift, load up on your night creams before you head out.
- If you have specific skin problems then night is the best time to target them, again, making the most of your body’s natural circadian rhythm of healing and rejuvenating. Dark Spots? Need hydration? Blemishes and imperfections?
3. Stress is a key factor in ruining your sleep, so the right body massage ritual before bed can help you catch those Zs. Target your forearms and feet. Massage them using the Ayurvedic technique – in circular motions at the joints, then back and forth between those two points. Use a soothing body cream with lavender, to help you sleep.
4. Just as the skin on your face repairs at night, so does the skin on the rest of your body, so keep the night renewal serum by your bed and massage it into your hands just before lights out. Don’t forget hands show ageing quicker than any other part of your body, which means they really deserve dedicated TLC.
5. Get bed-ready and spritz your pillow with lavender, charnomile and vetiver, restless sleepers claim they get a better night’s sleep will keep your skin looking young and fresh – at night, when your body is repairing itself, sleep boosts your circulation so your blood is sent right under your skin, which in turn helps smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.
6. Most of us suffer from junk sleep; the type that is neither the length nor quality it should be to feed your brain with the rest it needs to perform properly. The solution? Ban all gadgets from your bedroom. They keep your mind hyper-alert, so swap your laptop and mobile for a good book and sleep-help candle, to help you unwind and slowly switch off.
7. Once you have done your nightly skincare regime, slip into bed and turn on the Headspace app, which is free on iTunes. It has a great selection of meditation programmes, including one specifically designed to induce sleep by slowing your mind and allowing you to drift off and enjoy some quality peacefulness. Sounds bliss!!
Research shows that those of us who exercise five to six times a week are less likely to take sleeping pills. OK, you might not be able to get to the gym every day, but you can use the stairs instead of a lift, or go swimming with the kids instead of just watching them. Plus, the increased endorphin's will help stave off winter blues. Give work to your body.
More by this Author
Achy knees and hips etc. aren't inevitable as we age. And even if yours do already hurt, there are lots you can do to stop them getting worse.
Belly fat is a key indicator of hormonal imbalance. Belly fat mostly occurs because as we age, the loss of muscles mass combined with hormonal changes can lead to increased fat storage around the abdomen.
Love your body and make fashion work for you. Accentuate the good and hide the flaws with fashion fixes that create the right illusions. Get comfortable in your own skin.
No comments yet.