Apple Cider Vinegar Health Benefits: Acne, Hair, Lymph Node Effect, Joint Pain and More
Apples have been known for their amazing health benefits for centuries. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) contains these same health benefits multiplied many times over.
Here are 7 ways Apple Cider Vinegar is effective in improving health:
1) Weight loss - There have been many claims about apple cider vinegar’s ability to promote weight loss. Although these claims have been exaggerated they are not far from the truth. There is no magic pill for weight loss because healthy and effective, long term weight loss requires the consumption of healthy foods, the avoidance of toxic foods and regular exercise. Without these healthy practices the body is ineffective at promoting and maintaining ideal body weight. That being said apple cider vinegar has been found to support healthy, sustainable weight loss in several ways:
One important key to weight control is stable and balanced blood sugar levels. Studies show that apple cider vinegar helps to balance blood sugar levels, possibly by its ability to lower the glycemic index of foods consumed. Another study found that consuming a small amount of ACV before meals allowed subjects to be satisfied on less food. Although ACV is acidic it makes the body more alkaline, which some health experts believe contributes to weight loss. Apple cider vinegar also seems to have the ability to help break down excess fat and remove it from the body.
2) Liver and body detoxification - Apple cider vinegar is known to improve circulation and aid in the detoxification of the liver by supplying key vitamins, minerals and enzymes. The unique acids found in the vinegar bind to toxins to help carry them from the body. ACV also aids detoxification by breaking up mucus and by cleansing lymph nodes, which improves circulation. A healthy lymph node system is effective in removing toxins and at boosting the immune system.
3) Digestion and gastric health - Taking ACV before meals improves digestion and increases the speed at which toxins are removed from the body, allowing them no time to do any damage.
4) Joint pain - The body has a buffering system which is designed to prevent the body from become too acidic. Unfortunately, the highly acidic western diet overwhelms this buffering system causing the buildup of acidic crystals in tissue. Once tissues reach the point of maximum crystal precipitation, these crystals begin to form in the joints and bursae, which leads to arthritis and bursitis. Taking a couple of teaspoons of ACV with a couple teaspoons of raw honey will gradually relieve stiff, aching joints. The acidic nature of ACV acts as a strong solvent to dissolve crystal deposits. ACV consumption helps make the body less acidic over time which will slow the formation of acidic crystals. Restoring proper pH balance through a healthy diet supplemented with ACV is the key to preventing the formation of acidic crystals.
5) Candida - natural methods are by far the most effective way treat and prevent candida. APV contains natural enzymes which are highly effective at treating the disorder. It encourages the growth of healthy intestinal bacteria needed to prevent the overgrowth of candida. One to two tablespoons should be taken daily.
6) Thick Blood - A diet high in protein and saturated fats tends to thicken the blood which can lead to high blood pressure. The thicker the blood, the more difficult it is to pump through blood vessels. The natural acids in ACV have the ability to thin the blood and ease transport through blood vessels.
7) Respiratory conditions - ACV has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties which may improve symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes caused by food, pet and pollen allergies.
Not all apple cider vinegar products are created equal. Many ACVs have been refined, filtered or pasteurized in order to make the product look more appealing. Unfortunately, these processes remove most of the nutrition. To receive maximum health benefits from ACV look for a product that has been organically grown, cold pressed, unfiltered and raw without added chemicals and preservatives.
More by this Author
Excess mucus or phlegm can be caused more than a cold or the flu. Many times it is the result of poor dietary choices, food allergies or cigarette smoking. There are a number of natural ways to effectively treat and...
Consumers rarely stop to consider that corporations are driven by profits rather than the well being of their customers. Manufacturers of soda pop want to sell their product as inexpensively as possible to obtain the...
A diet high in processed and refined foods as well as food sensitivities have been directly linked to the development of scalp scales and crust flakes. Eliminating these foods and adding key nutrients to the diet will...