70 Reasons to Smile
Wear Your Smile Proudly
A smile a day keeps the blues away. At least in my opinion it does. We could always find a reason to smile. It's not that difficult to do. Smiling is a simple pleasure in life.
Even when you think there is nothing that could make you expose a goofy grin, I bet you can.
When is the last time you made someone smile? Do you remember how good that made you feel? It's an amazing feeling and so easy to accomplish.
When is the last time someone made you smile? I bet you never expected it, but you were grateful and remember it vividly.
Wear your smile proudly. If you walk through life with a pout, people feel sorry for you, which in turn might lack respect for you. So, go ahead and smile twenty-four hours a day. Yes, even while you are asleep.
There's more hope by dazzling others with your smile, then by greeting them with a frown. No one likes a debby downer.
The best smiles are the unexpected ones. The ones that you least expect, the ones that make you stop and think...what are they up to?
The power of a sunshine smile is wonderful. So smile more often and remember that happy looks good on you!
Babies Make Us Smile
Reasons to Smile
1. Life and it's many simple pleasures.
2. The aroma of coffee or tea first thing in the morning.
3. Fall TV Season and summer reruns.
4. You lost a couple of pounds instead of gaining them. Hopefully those pesky pounds won't find you again.
5. The compulsive texter getting pulled over for .... texting while driving.
6. Your favorite sports team wins.
7. Listening to your favorite music loud enough to possibly damage your hearing.
8. Watching children laugh and play, and then doing as they do. Hop, skip, jump, laugh...Smile.
9. Being a parent and/or grandparent and making memories.
10. Winning ... anything.
11. Rays of SUNSHINE.
12. The Walmart Greeter who welcomes you and your money that you are guaranteed to spend.
13. Rain, thunder and lightning storms.
14. Not being bloated.
15. The beach, feet in the sand, waves, smell and collecting shells.
16. KARMA ... You gotta love it.
17. A good belch.
18. A drama-free day.
19. Overcoming a fear.
20. Paying off a car loan and having a enough money for a full tank of gas to proudly display your paid off car around town.
21. A wedding and the happiness that surrounds it, even if it's a shotgun wedding.
22. When someone gives you an atta boy/girl for a job well done.
23. Baby animals of all types.
24. Passing a yearly health physical with flying colors.
25. No new facial wrinkles for at least a week.
Cute Kids Make Us Smile
More Reasons To Smile
26. Cable TV with it's 1,000 channels.
27. The American flag and all it's glory.
28. Zero balance on your credit card ... is that even possible?
29. The musical chimes from the ice cream truck and rushing to greet it.
30. Giving yourself a challenge and meeting your goal.
31. Being picked up when you are down, or when you trip and fall. Ouch!
32. Birthdays, presents, decorations, balloons, candles and getting older.
33. Making a wish on a shooting star and your wish coming true. Or just making a wish.
34. Realizing you never forgot how to ride a bike.
35. Hootin' and hollerin' at a concert until your voice is hoarse.
36. Giving or receiving a warm, loving, friendly or caring hug.
37. Giant trampolines.
38. Making someone else smile ... a stranger, family, friend, foe ... we have the power with a smile.
39. Finding a bargain. Super sales. BOGO sales.
40. Hearing your EX isn't as happy as he/she says they are.
41. A letter/text/email/phone call from a blast from the past.
42. A home cooked meal, prepared with the special, secret ingredient...Love.
43. Chocolate ... any kind at any time in any shape or form.
44. Social Networking with all it's bells and whistles.
45. A vacation ... doesn't matter if it's for a night or a week.
46. Naptime ... this applies to all ages.
47. Change of seasons ... depending where you live. In Florida we don't have much of a change.
48. A hot shower to begin a new day.
49. Dreaming of a loved one who has passed on ... I wish this happened more often for me.
50. Christmas morning ... before you realize how much you overspent on gifts.
Even More Reasons To Smile
51. When you stand your ground and don't back down.
52. A radiant rainbow with ravishing ripples of color.
53. When your jeans zip up without greasing your body down.
54. Reading your favorite comic strip.
55. A bowel movement ... this applies to all ages.
56. Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.
57. Freshly laundered bedding.
58. Bubbles, bubbles and more bubbles.
59. A brisk walk on a cool evening inhaling fresh air.
60. Looking through old family photos or videos.
61. Your dentist telling you that you are cavity free.
62. Law & Order TV marathons.
63. Family, friends, babies, grandbabies and pets.
64. Good hair day regardless of heat, humidity, rain or hat hair.
65. Getting poked on Facebook.
66. Positive thoughts that pop into our heads when we need them the most.
67. Hearing the words "I love you!"
68. FREE panty coupons from Victoria Secret!
69. Freshly baked cookies and a cold glass of milk.
70. When I'm called a princess (quote from my 6 yr old granddaughter)
Being Silly Makes Us Smile
- 50 Ways To Bring On The Sunshine Smile
Included in this hub are 50 ways that you could help bring on a sunshine smile to a family member, friend or stranger.
Do you like making others smile?See results without voting
© 2011 Linda Bilyeu
More by this Author
What are you thankful for? Could you compile a list of reasons to be thankful? Consider it a challenge...
The reasons to be happy are infinite. I've compiled 101 reasons for this list. We all have unique reasons that make our hearts super happy, feel free to add your reasons. Keep on shining!
If you are searching for a gift under $5 you will find an idea or two within my list. I've given many of these gifts and they were always appreciated. Give a gift and get a smile.