8 Ways to Prevent a Heart Attack
Individuals of any age can have an heart attack, from infants to the elderly. And people of all body sizes can get a heart attack as well, from skinny to obese, which is why prevention is very important for those that can help it. We have to know the things that are potentially bad for the heart, and know the things that are good for the heart.
When plaque build-up rises to 70%, symptoms of coronary artery disease usually occurs. A couple of things may cause a heart attack, and those things are eating fatty foods and excessive weight gain. Having diabetes increases the risk of getting a heart attack. Also having high blood pressure can cause coronary artery disease CAD; taking pork completely out of your diet will decrease high blood pressure.
A medical doctor can diagnose coronary artery disease with such devices as: electrocardiogram machine, cardiac catheterization, and a coronary angiography.
8 ways to prevent a heart attack
1. Eat healthy foods such as: fruits high in vitamin C (apples, kiwi, and lemons). Salmon fish is good for the heart due to it containing Omega 3 fatty acids. Drink 100% Grape Juice by Welch's daily in maintaining a strong heart. The darker the grapes in wine or juice the better, due to the polyphenols in dark grapes it assist with maintaining a healthy heart. Other foods that may help prevent coronary artery disease are: oatmeal, olive oil, dark chocolate, blueberries, tomatoes, potatoes, bananas, and avocados.
2. Avoid fatty foods such as: frequent fried foods, try to mostly eat foods that are baked, boiled, or grilled. And avoid eating pork, avoid ever eating it again. Most fast food restaurants serve foods that are very high in cholesterol, which can eventually cause heart problems when eaten often.
3. Take a daily low dose Aspirin with your doctor permission. Some doctors prescribe baby Aspirin for their adult patients, because its low dosage of 81 mg. With regular Aspirin the dosage should also be 81 milligrams in 1 tablet.
4. Physical exercise is important for all individuals to maintain a healthy heart. Doing at least 15 minutes of physical exercise daily can strengthen your cardiovascular health.
5. Losing weight can also assist with preventing a potential heart attack. Losing about 4-7 pounds with your doctor’s permission, can reduce the risk of coronary artery disease.
6. Lower high blood pressure by losing 5-7 pounds and eating 2 bananas daily. Eating foods that contain potassium helps with reducing high blood pressure.
7. Control diabetes with the proper instructions of a doctor.
8. Quit smoking cigarettes by decreasing the cigarette dosage to a mild strength, and smoking a half of a cigarette instead of a whole one. Also stretch the smoking sessions longer than usual, for instance, if you've smoked every hour, change it to every 1 ½ an hour. And ask your doctor for different methods for quitting smoking, some individuals might try the nicotine-patch, or some people might try the nicotine gum.
Extra tips to use for maintaining good heart health: take daily fish oil vitamins (contains omega 3 fatty acids). Also stay in a good mood, reduce stress, do the things you like, and avoid acting out in anger. Doctors may prescribe a Verapamil prescription for CAD coronary artery disease, which is a calcium channel blocker.
© 2016 Ann810
More by this Author
Tips to stop hair pulling; form new positive habits, learn new hobbies, become more sociable, visit public places, get rest when you need it, and do daily Bible-meditation.
Probiotic supplements are beneficial for digestive system bacteria, that helps balance the natural digestive activity and enzymes that keep our digestive organs functioning properly. Taking daily probiotic supplements...
Most Black men and boys wear the Spinning Waves low hair cut, it's a nice clean look.