9 Health Benefits Of Eggs
Eggs Are My Favorites
Mention the word eggs, and cholesterol will fall on you! Don’t be fooled by the mass media and the other so-called health experts. By the way, eggs prepared in whatever forms are my favorites. So beware, this article may be a bit biased! That is why this is my second article on the health benefits of eggs. I thought I have written enough about the health benefits of eggs until I received another viral email on "9 health benefits of eggs". Well, since what I read in that email made sense, I thought perhaps I should share with you here. If you have not read my earlier article on the health benefits of eggs, this is the link to that article : “Eggs Are Good For Me”.
Years ago, eggs were a taboo because they were accused of bringing ill health to those who consumed too many of them, especially the egg yolks. It was reported that egg yolks had lots of cholesterol, and if you ate 2 large eggs or more, your blood cholesterol will increase and your health would be compromised. This was based on the belief that high blood cholesterol causes heart diseases. It is now established that the real culprit is inflammation and not cholesterol that causes heart diseases. Do you know, eggs actually increase your good cholesterol level? Another substance in eggs, lecithin is a good antidote to cholesterol as it breaks down the cholesterol. And don’t forget, egg white contains a lot of protein.
9 Health Benefits Of Eggs
Please let me share with you the 9 benefits of eggs, which were reported in that viral email I received.
1. Improves Concentration. Eggs are especially good for children. Children are naturally active and use a lot of energy everyday. Eggs will give them that extra energy and nutrition needed for their active physical activities and help their sustained concentration and the impetus for doing mental calculations.
2. Maintain Healthy Weight. Egg white is high in protein and contains all the essential amino acids vital for our body health. Weight watchers may like to take note that eggs provide lots of nutrition with lower level of calories. If you are hungry, eat eggs, instead of a big hamburger.
3. Brain Development. Egg yolk not only has cholesterol, but also the substance called choline, which is not produced by the human body. Choline is needed to maintain healthy cells and is essential for brain development and function.
4. Eyesight Improvement. Egg yolk contains the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin. Rather big words with big benefits. These two substances are believed to be effective in improving eyesight and help reduce the risk of cataract and age-related macular degeneration which may cause blindness, especially to those over 50 years of age.
5. Prevents Blood Clots. Eggs contain the important antioxidant called selenium which inhibits blood clots. Blood clot prevention reduces the risks of stroke and heart attack.
6. Promotes Healthy Pregnancy. The choline in egg yolk helps in the growth of the brain of the foetus and also prevents possible birth defects.
7. Helps To Strengthen Bones. Egg yolk contains vitamins A,D, and E. Egg is one of the few foods which naturally has vitamin D, which helps in the strengthening of bones and in improving immunity.
8. Helps To maintain Healthy Hair, Nails And Skin. Egg yolk also contains sulfur. Actually our body contains a lot of sulfur which is found in the connecting tissues, nerve cells, nails, hair and skin. Sulfur helps stimulate hair growth and improve conditions of skin and nails.
9. Prevents Breast Cancer. I don’t know about this, but apparently there is a 44% less risk of women developing breast cancer when they consume 6 eggs or more per week. That is good news for the ladies out there.
What Is Your Opinion On Eggs?
Will you continue to eat eggs?See results without voting
Exploring the Health Benefits of Eggs - CTV Edmonton
Are Eggs Bad For You? Egg Cholesterol Myths
How Eggs Can Lower Your Cholesterol
The information provided in this article is sourced from the internet, from friends and contacts, and from personal experience. This article does not claim the information provided is totally accurate and reliable. The purpose of this article is merely to share health information which I deem useful.
If you find this article interesting or beneficial, you may go to my "Profile" page to read my other articles by simply CLICKHERE:
By the way, the copyright to this article is owned by Good Guy. Please do not “copy and paste”! Thank you.
More by this Author
Onions Have Lots Of Health Benefits. Apart From Providing Special Taste To Foods, Onions Have Many Minerals And Nutrients That Can Cure Many Illnesses.
Health Benefits Of Raw Unprocessed Honey. Only raw unprocessed honey can claim to possess all the nutrients of honey. This article is about the raw unprocessed tualang honey.
Self-healing : Lajin stretch and exercise by Xiao Hongchi. Self-healing using the Lajin method which is so simple to learn, and convenient to practise.