A Quick and Easy Way to Heal Cracked Heels
If your heels are cracked, you're probably embarrassed about walking barefoot. You may also be in pain. Here's a quick and easy solution that'll heal your heels within a week.
Photo Courtesy of:
You Will Need:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- A plastic bin
- Chapstick, or a similar lipbalm
- A foot file (not a pumice stone or a callus shaver)
- Add about a quarter cup of peroxide and enough warm water to cover your feet in the bin.
- Soak your feet in the bin for about 20 minutes.
- The peroxide will clean the cracks in your heels so they can heal properly.
- The hot water will soften the callus and get rid of debris.
- Get in the shower or bathtub.
- Take your shower or bath so your feet have time to get wetter and warmer.
- Wet the foot file and run it on the bar of soap (alternatively, put a little liquid soap on it).
- File the rough edges of your heels cracks and calluses with the soapy foot file.
- Don't file off the whole callus or the weaker skin underneath may crack.
- After your shower, dry off and apply lip balm to the callus and crack area.
- Wear flip flops for a while so the lip balm does not wear off too quickly.
- Apply lip balm after the shower
- You should start to see improvement after about a week.
- If your heel cracks again, repeat the peroxide soak to clean the crack.
- Lose weight if you need to. Heels crack under pressure on the heel pad.
- Wear closed-heeled shoes. They keep the heel pad from spreading and cracking.
- Eat healthy fats to keep your skin supple.
- After the cracking stops, file your heels with soap in the bath every time you wash. This will keep the heel from slowly redeveloping a callus.
Important Note for Diabetics
If you are a diabetic, please consult with your doctor about heel fissures. They need to be kept scrupulously clean, and you should wear sock and closed-toed shoes. Do not neglect foot health!
More by this Author
Are you itchy? Do you notice itching after a shower, sometimes lasting for about half an hour, driving you crazy as you try to fall asleep in bed? Do your arms and legs get an insanely irritating crawly...
If you suffer from Hashimoto's autoimmune thyroiditis or hypothyroidism, you may be having trouble losing weight. You may also be cycling between weight loss and weight gain, which can lead to binge dieting and...
Here's how to build a cheap, easy, free-standing or attached dog or cat gate of any height you want. Use practically no tools ; very few skills needed. All supplies easily accessible.
No comments yet.