Human ADHD Effects and Environmental Pesticides Link
Investigating the Effects of Pesticides
Environmental Pollution Increases Risk of ADHD
The statistics and data keeps coming in. Research implicates the use of chemicals for risk and incidence of disease. See my recent hubs on pollution linked to asthma and autism. Across the board, you would think that logical rational minds would understand the principle that tampering with the environment changes the natural order.
Dumping neurotoxins on plants to inhibit, kill or resist insects and fungus will accumulate in the bodies of those who eat the plants. No amount of washing will clean the residue inside those plants. Over generations of plants sprayed with these chemicals, we will find permanent changes that may be unhealthy and damaging to both the plant and the animals who eat these plants.
Over the course of a lifetime, we will be building up these internal pollutants which may result in many symptoms assumed to old age. When people begin to forget names, places, dates, where or who they are we may call it alzheimer's disease or dementia. But, what if these are symptoms from the intake and accumulation of chemicals in our food?
ADHD Pesticide Link In The News
Definition of Pesticides
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) defines pesticide as any substance or mixture of substances intended for preventing, destroying or controlling any pest, including vectors of human or animal disease, unwanted species of plants or animals causing harm during or otherwise interfering with the production, processing, storage or marketing of food, agricultural commodities, wood and wood products or animal food stuffs or which may be administered to animals for the control of insects, arachnids or other pests in or on their bodies (FAO, 1986).
The Media reports cautiously today, specifically geared to "Evidence-based" scientific jargon. This refers to double-blind studies with control groups. In reality, we cannot do these types of studies because of the harm that may result. We cannot expose children to the quantities of chemicals that are now spread in our environments. We could easily predict the outcome of disease. Ethically, we will never be able to do such studies and we should not expose laboratory animals either. Rather, we should take a look at the information, data and observations before us to make rational decisions and conclusions.
The study analysis links ADHD and Pesticides on 4.5 Million children between age of 5-17, but they do not say this is cause and effect. We know that many factors contribute to ADHD and this is one in the bundle that we have brought upon ourselves. Other potential contributing factors to ADHD include genetics, other environmental toxins, and dietary factors.
The 3% increase each year tells the story. Over one-thousand samples of urine were tested for organophosphates, and those samples indicated a TWO-FOLD risk of ADHD. That is 50% risk when chemicals were found in the urine. What about the quantity of organophosphates, would that correlate to the seriousness of the disease?
Why is this information important?
The researchers hypothesize that children might be more sensitive to exposure of chemicals since their brains are in the formative stages. That includes fetus, nursing infants getting toxins from mothers blood, and young children in rapid stage of growth. Nevertheless, we are all growing new cells daily and changing our body based upon our environmental exposures.
Relationships between body weight, size and exposure through respiration and food intake can be taken into account. We are all affected, we just see more profound effects in the young. That means we must all be concerned for our health.
We cannot live in a sterile environment. A slip of the tongue? These pesticides, insecticides, fungicides and GMO foods cause sterility!
Recommendation to read the labels is wise advice. Unfortunately, the labels do not tell the entire story. The labels do not tell everything that has been used to grow these plants or preserve them.
Dr. Dana Boyd Barr discusses Link Between ADHAD and Pesticides
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children.
Dr. Dana Boyd Barr discusses the study, which measured the levels of pesticide by-products in the urine of 1,139 children from across the United States. Children with above-average levels of organo-phosphatest had twice the odds of getting a diagnosis of ADHD.
Data from the national nutrition and from the CDC lab where Dr Barr' previously worked for 20 years was analysed by another group in this study. Presently, Dana Boyd Barr, PhD, is a Research Professor in the Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University.
The Prevalence of Chemicals In Our Lives
The Greatest Concern
The Greatest Concern appears to be the prevalence of these harmful pesticides in the development of fetus, infant and child. However, long term exposure through daily intake of these substances may affect everyone on the planet.
A few things you can do:
- Eating local from organic farmers, growing your own heirloom vegetable seeds and keeping fruit trees helps.
- Eat cilantro and other herbs that assist in removing chemicals and metals from the body
- Drink clean water to flush out the body
- Participate in legislative action to protect the environment
- Ask your local stores to carry organic products
Developmental Delays and Loss of I.Q.
Anne Riederer, Assistant Research Professor
P. Barry Ryan, Professor Department of: Environmental Health
Testing Breast Milk in Thai Women
Health Care System is Government Run and A Prenatal Care
A research project funded by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Research to study Women in Thailand who are pregnant, have delivered newborns and their young children will help us understand the effects of pesticide exposure in milk and milk formulas.
Thai women work in agriculture farms where greater exposure to pesticides makes them good subjects for this type of analysis. The citrus crops are sprayed regularly accumulate in the fruit, while the daily sprays mist the air with breathable particles. Another aspect of this study will result in improved methods for measuring pesticides in breast milk and infant formula.
Anne Riederer and P. Barry Ryan of the Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, talk about why Thailand was chosen as the trial location. They work at the Dept. of Environmental and Occupational Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
Slow Painful Death
Cell Death: Investigating the effects of organophosphates in the body tells me the body undergoes a slow painful death. We see the effects more dramatically in children, but adults also undergo these transitions in mental function and neurological damage.
Pesticides used to damage insect nervous system do the same to humans and other animals. That means the deer, dogs, birds and bees that visit these field crop intake the chemicals. When humans eat these tainted foods we also damage our nervous system.
- Organophosphates are anti-esterase insecticides, and exert their acute effects by causing overstimulation at cholinergic nerve terminals.
How The Researchers Detect Organophosphates in the Urine Samples:
- The body hydrolizes organophosphates, creating alkyl phosphates and phenols which can be detected in the urine up to 48 hours after pesticide absorption.
- Test results help identify and quantify the actual pesticide exposure.
- Urinary alkyl phosphate and phenol analyses can demonstrate organophosphate absorption at lower dosages than those required to depress cholinesterase activities and at much lower dosages than those required to produce signs and symptoms of toxicity.
- These urinary metabolites are often used to assess the presence of chronic organophospate exposure.
If everyone knew this information would they purchase food products grown with pesticides? Would they choose food grown organically and safely that were grown using companion planting with well mulched soils?
Testing My Knowledge
I knew about the link between ADHD and PesticidesSee results without voting
What Rational Helps You Make Your Food Choices
I thought that ~See results without voting
- Pesticides Reduce Mosquito Populations
Pesticides used to reduce mosquito populations and diseases that are spread through this vector also diminish bee populations and affect human health.
- Air Pollution Increases Risk For Autism
As roads become heavily populated, exhaust fumes increase pollutants into the atmosphere LATEST NEWS: Autism from Automobile Exhaust Fumes We may be seeing a correlation between environmental pollutants and... http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/1206187/
- Increase of Air Pollution Linked to Asthma
Psychological studies find a link between air pollution and asthma.
- Beware Articles Written Against Homeopathy
Are the physicians running scared? The well-funded and passionately insane anti-homeopathy movement turns tail and runs backwards.
- Lead Poisoning Effects The Brain
In an article by Heidi Stevenson on the Gaia Health website information about lead toxicity and poisoning is presented. Exposure to lead effects the brain, the mind and behavior.
- Obama Administration Convenes Environmental Leaders Dec 15, 2010
The Obama administration is investing in clean energy to not only improve the environment, but to strengthen the economy, save families money and create jobs in all communities.
Comments 14 comments
If you've found this article helpful remember to:
- Rate it up ↑↑
- Share it with your networks
- Leave a comment or question
If You Enjoy Hubpages You may want to Join Now.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposed Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM is a Homeopath, the founder and administrator of Homeopathy World Community a platform for homeopaths to share and learn from each other. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future and provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter. All Hubpage blogs written by Debby Bruck are for informational purposes only. Please contact your healthcare professional.
More by this Author
- 36Homeopathic Formic Ant Remedy Formica Rufa Relieves Rheumatic Arthritis Gout, Acid, Stings and Itching
Extensive article about homeopathy and other scientific facts related to one homeopathic remedy for arthritis, rheumatism, gout, stiff joints, weak vision, eczema, itching, hives, nettle rash, shingles, edema, headache,...
A Safe Effective Approach to healing MRSA based upon Hahnemann's Homeopathic Laws of the Similimum and Minimum Dose. Energetic Healing at the quantum level that requires an expert in the arts and science of homeopathy.
Oral mouth cancer incidence keeps rising. Learn about warning symptoms, testing and homeopathic remedies. Educational blog.