Addicted To Alcohol - Ways To Surrender
Do You Remember ?
Life Being Addicted
Surrendering to an addiction is something that is not the easiest thing to do, especially for someone that has been addicted to alcohol for so many years.
When someone is addicted to alcohol for years it tends to be their life as they see it and nothing is more important than their next drink.
When you are addicted to alcohol you miss out on some of the most memorable things in life, at least I did. It's really sad to say that alcohol sometimes runs a person life and sometimes ruins a life and it's really not the person that is addicted to alcohol fault.
When someone starts off having that social drink or two and tends to like the feeling of being buzzed or getting drunk from the alcohol the body says give me more. So, we enjoyed that first drink and decided to continue to feed our bodies some more of that alcohol that made us feel so great before. This continues on as the months go by and now it is taking more of the alcohol to get to the feeling when first starting to drink.
What is happening we say to ourselves? Why am I not getting the feeling of before? So we then drink more and more to be able to reach that buzzed or drunk feeling and before we know it we are addicted to alcohol and can't let it be. We have built up our alcohol tolerance.
We want it and need it now more than ever for every occasion, every celebration, every party, every fishing trip, every vacation and so much more. Alcohol now seems to be a huge part of our lives and when there is a function that serves no alcohol, the new born alcoholic doesn't want to attend for the reason of being a dry occasion with no booze.
Quitting Drinking for Good
How Can I Surrender ?
After many years of drinking alcohol you get a thought that maybe you would like to quit drinking alcohol and start a fresh life, but what lingers in the back of your mind is, "how can I surrender to my alcohol addiction"?
Being addicted to alcohol and ways to surrender are completely different in each alcoholics life. We all have different ways of surrendering to an addiction providing we want to surrender to that addiction.
Below is just how I used my mind, my inner strength, my pure determination, my willingness to surrender to that horrible thing we call "Alcohol Addiction"..
I often wish I could just wave a magic wand and all would be cured from this disease of addictions, but I can't. All I can do to hopefully help others is to keep writing about addictions and reassure people that there is always hope and to never give up on getting sober, because once you have reached and accomplished sobriety your life will change for the better right before your eyes as each and everyday passes.
Whats First in Surrendering to Alcohol ?
First off, I am not a Doctor nor a Therapist. I speak from experience and speak from my heart. I only wish that every person that suffers from any kind of addiction could find their sobriety as I did, but so many cases it is a very hard thing for some.
Most of the time the alcoholic feels that whats the use in quitting now, the damage has been done and I'm here to tell everyone that it is never too late to quit drinking alcohol or quitting any kind of addiction for that matter.
This is what I have come up with that helped me to find the first thing in surrendering to alcohol and I hope some of these things will help you as well.
- Number one is that you MUST want to surrender to your addiction. This is the most important thing you have to decide, because if your don't want to surrender and only quitting drinking because you were asked to, you are wasting your time.
- Once that decision is made and hopefully you said yes I want to surrender, than next is preparing for your sobriety.
- Take a look at your life and the life of others that may be effected by your alcohol addiction. Just imagine how your life will be for not only for yourself, but your family as well.
- Put your mind into a positive attitude mode and tell yourself that you will be able to beat this addiction of yours.
- Getting out of the negative mood and thinking positive will indeed help you with overcoming your addiction.
- Many people may need Professional Help to become sober, so if you are one of those people please don't be embarrassed and ask for the help you need to surrender to your addiction.
- Tell yourself that nothing will stop you from achieving your goal to finding sobriety.
- Be totally excited about what you are about to do for yourself and your family.
- It's all in your mind and your mind is a powerful thing and you can train it in any fashion you wish, so train it to live a life of sobriety.
- Be the best you can and never ever give up. You had desire to start drinking and now get that desire to quit drinking alcohol.
Gifts of Sobriety
Visit Mark's Sobriety Store
- Mark's Sobriety Store
If you are ready to surrender to your addiction then in my store has the books you need to read to Find Sobriety, Live a Happy and Fulfilling Life, Quitting Drinking and much more. If you are interested in Relaxing Music check out my CDs.
More Life Changing Reading
- Positive Thinking Can Change Your Life
There are so many things that can happen in someone's life, that it can make it really hard to have a positive outlook in life itself. Life to me, is like a roller coaster with the ups and downs and sharp...
- How To Stop Drinking Alcohol On Your Own
To be able to accomplish something on your own is certainly an achievement and something hopefully to be proud of. It takes a lot of hard work and determination to achieve such an accomplishment. When it...
WOULD YOU LIKE SOBRIETY IN YOUR LIFE OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE ?See results without voting
© 2010 Mark Bruno
More by this Author
Everyone one in the world has had or has problems in their life. Many choose to correct the problems in the best way they can and figure those problems out in a sober way.
There are so many people that are addicted to alcohol in our society today. These people are literary chained to their addiction with no escape in site.
So you own a home and the upstairs is just not enough living space for you and then you realize that you have a full basement below full of all the stuff you have in storage.