Help your bilateral knee osteoarthritis
There are several people around the world who are suffering from knee osteoarthritis, some suffer in one knee but mostly suffer in both knees. So below are a few tips for patients suffering from OA, bilateral knees to ease their pain and discomfort from this chronic condition:
- Knee arthritis is the most common problem found in elderly people who are above 60 and should be taken seriously. If some useful precautions and steps are taken, a person can get rid of the chronic pain experienced in their life. Arthritis happens when the synovial joint fluid is low or nil in the bone marrow. This decrease in synovial fluid leads to less flexibility of the joint rotation mechanism.
Indiana Brace -Osteoarthritis Knee Wedge
- First and most important sign and symptom of arthritis is morning stiffness in which a patient experiences stiffness in the joints when waking up in the morning. Legs and especially knees give away causing immobility for a few minutes and then when the body is warm enough, the patient starts to move.
- For chronic pain, doctors or arthritis physicians provide pain medications or muscle relaxers or analgesics to the patient.
- Arthritis can be treated and should be treated avoiding further surgical options.
- Aloe vera juice provides long-term arthritis eradication.
- Try doing yoga to avoid arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis is the most common condition in elderly women because the old women develop pores in the bone marrow and joints.
- Physical therapy also helps in eradicating this problem to some extent.
- Assessing the footwear and correcting malalignment if any.
- Checking heel-to-toe gait pattern.
- Assessing single step climbing up and down on stairs.
- Hand railing support during stair climbing.
- Hinged cap can be helpful in controlling the load over joint.
- Scooter and motorcycle should be avoided and self-start vehicle, especially car should be preferable.
- A can or stick should be given.
- European style toilet should be used for patients who have bilateral knee osteoarthritis.
- Avoid stairs in community whenever lift or elevator is present.
- Avoid full squat and full knee bending.
- Knee flexion should be strictly limited to 90 degrees.
- Allow some loss of range for flexion.
- Extension must be regained to full by static quad ex.
- Self-performance of exercise should be encouraged.
- Energy conservation techniques should be emphasized, like resting between walking whenever the patient feels pain or increase in pain compared to resting pain.
- The patient should stop and rest for 5 -10 minutes and if possible, patient should perform relaxed knee swinging and then start walking again.
Above were some tips to help people suffering from osteoarthritis. I hope this will help them in overcoming pain, stiffness, and discomfort to some extent.
More solutions to prevent osteoarthritis
- Prevent Osteoarthritis
- eMJA: Medical management of osteoarthritis of the knee and hip joints
(Medical Journal of Australia) Medical management of osteoarthritis of the knee and hip joints
- WHAT IS OSTEOARTHRITIS OF THE KNEE?
Discusses knee arthritis including diagnosis and treatment of degenerative joint disease (DJD) including Hyalgan injections.
More by this Author
Fish oil Fish oil has always been known to contain Omega-3 fatty acids, which are very beneficial for people suffering from heart disease, hypertension, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, bipolar disorder, and many types of...
In very simple terms, PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a genetic problem with various hormonal manifestations. It presents with a rainbow of symptoms, including: difficulty losing weight, a tendency to gain...
Are you afraid of driving a standard transmission car? If yes then read this article that I have written especially for beginners who want to kick start driving a standard transmission car. I have provided step by step...