Aloe Vera, the Plant Remarkable
- The Aloe Vera Plant
Aloe Vera is a special plant. Read about what an Aloe Vera Plant is and how it can help you.
- Aloe Vera Fact Sheet
On this page you will find a fact sheet that is downloadable to read at your convenience.
With all the talk out there in the aloe industry, what aloe vera is and what makes this healing plant so popular, is still far from the reach of so many that are trying to understand what exactly is in the plant ...that gives it it's healing power.
From the ancient Egyptians, Greek, and the Roman physicians, up to and through the discoveries made in the early twentieth century ...the question remains, what and how does this healing plant work its magic!
As can be seen, the "remarkable aloe vera plant" ingredients are in everything. It's in our soaps, its in our shampoo, its in our hair conditioner, its in our shaving lathers, its in our bath products, our face creams, our body lotions, our toothpastes, our liniments, our body powders, our cologne ...not only is it used in everything we put on our body ...but its also found its way to internal uses with dramatic medical breakthrough from A to Z.
Listed below are just a few:
- A. Arthritis, allergies, abrasions, asthma, acne, acid indigestion, anemia.
- B. Bad breath, burns, boils, bursitis, blisters, burses, bronchitis, bowel regularity, body cleanser, bladder infections, blood pressure.
- C. Candida, cancer, cankers sores, cold sores, cuts, colic, cradle cap, chapped/chaffed skin and lips.
- D. Dermatitis, dandruff, dry skin, denture sores, diaper rash, dishpan hands, dysentery, diabetes, depression, decubitous ulcers.
- E. Edema, epidermises, Epstein-Barr virus, exanthema, eczema.
- F. Fever blisters, fungus, feline leukemia, fungus infection.
- G. Genital herpes, gingivitis, glaucoma gangrene, gout.
- H. Heat rash, hemorrhoids, heartburn, herpes zoster.
- I. Impetigo, inflamed joints, insomnia, ingrown toenails, indigestion, insect bites.
- J. Jaundice, joints.
- K. Kidney infection, keratosis follicularis.
- L. Leprosy, laryngitis, lupus, liver ailments, leukemia, lupus.
- M. Multiple sclerosis, moles, mouth ulcers, muscle cramps/strains.
- N. Nausea of all kinds.
- O. Onycolysis, odor control of chronic ulcers, oral disorders.
- P. Pin worms, psoriasis, prostrates, poison ivy/oak, pancreas.
- Q. Quality of life (enhance the immune system).
- R. Razor burns, radiation burns, rashes.
- S. Strains to joints and ligaments, stings, styes, seborrhea, stretch marks, sore throat, shingles, staph infections, sunburn, sciatic nerve, sickle cell disease.
- T. Torn and bruised muscles, turf burns, tonsillitis, tendinitis, tuberculosis, tumors.
- U. Ulcerations of all kinds, urticaria, ulcers (peptic and duodenal).
- V. Vaginitis, venereal sores, venous stasis, varicose veins.
- W. Wind burns, wounds of all kinds, warts.
- X. X-ray burns.
- Y. Yeast infections in humans and animals.
- Z. Zoster (shingles).
Sounds like good news, doesn't it? That could be a yes and a no.
First, if all these statements are true (and they are) there is the small matter of the efficacy and quality of the aloe vera that is used. Then we have to look at the matter of how much is really real aloe, how much is water and whether or not the Aloe used has been properly stabilized.
There's that word again, stabilization!! And rightly so, it's the key word when dealing with the healing power of the plant. We will cover stabilization in an article of its own in the near future ...but in the meantime, when using an aloe product, just make sure that its been properly stabilized. Know your supplier.
Back to the plant now and clarify just what makes the aloe vera plant so effective, and why some feel there are some "secrets" about it that is still known to only a select few.
Essentially, the aloe vera plant contains two juices ...in the tubular found next to the yellow viscous sap in the cells just beneath the think green rind of the leaf and the gel fillet, which serves as the water storage organ.
The tubules hold the yellow sap that contains what is known as the anthraquinones, mostly aloin, which is best known as a potent laxative, (seldom used in modern times).
The gel fillet of the aloe leaf actually contains about 99.5% water, and makes the liquid usable as a beverage and the primary substance of so many kinds of treatment compounds.
So, understandably, the most effective Aloe Vera compounds available today are formulated to emphasize the positive aspects of the leaf gel fillet, while minimizing the presence of aloin and other "purging" anthraquinines.
It is the continued belief that the gel (fillet) along with the rind (yellow sap) that offer the best combination of healing components. And by all means it is the successful filtration/extraction of that mix, that combination which makes for the truly remarkable healing combination.
Five unique benefits of the healing plant:
- Penetration ...Aloe penetrates all seven layers of the skin where most lotions, liquid substances and water will penetrate only two.
- Antiseptic ...aloe has six antiseptic agents, which kill bacteria, viruses and fungus.
- Stimulates cell growth ...stimulates the birth of new, healthy tissue at six to eight times the normal rate.
- Settles nerves.
- Cleanses, detoxifies and normalizes your metabolism.
All of this explains why across time, lay persons and physicians alike have proclaimed that this plant, aloe vera has the remarkable ability to heal, alleviate, eliminate, and even cure, a monumental list of human and animal diseases and disorders.
Please share your stories with us!
- History facts on the Aloe Vera Plant.
Read about the interesting facts that go back to 1930 research.
More by this Author
The first rule of the day when attempting to use an aloe vera juice for a certain condition is to search out and use a properly stabilized organic aloe vera drink that has been around for a very long time and has the...
Natural healing with Aloe Vera Drink for relief from the breaks in the skin commonly known as ulcers ...helping ulcers which are caused systemically, such as mouth ulcers, stomach ulcers and intestinal ulcers ...better...
This remarkable plant, aloe vera has historical references dating as far back in history over 5000 years where it can be found in the tombs of the pharaoh kings. From the writings, apparently aloe was an herbal remedy...