Alzheimer Care in Riverside
Alzheimer's disease is the most common form of dementia. It's a progressive disease that gradually robs a person of their intellectual abilities to the point that it interferes with daily life. The result is the need for assistance. Alzheimer care in Riverside, California, includes various options. Which type of care you choose will depend on personal preferences, finances, as well as the stage to which Alzheimer's has progressed. No matter which type of care you start with, the fact is there is no cure for Alzheimer's so care will be long-term and most people will need outside care. Many of the communities that offer Alzheimer care in Riverside provide services to accommodate the various stages of the disease.
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's is a consuming responsibility. Respite care is available for family caregivers who need a break. While family, friends, and neighbors may be willing to provide the help you need, professional services for Alzheimer care in Riverside are also available. Possibilities include:
- Emeritus at Villa de Anza: Along with respite care, they also provide assisted living accommodations.
- Air Force Village West, Inc.: This Senior community also provides Alzheimer care appropriate for different stages of the disease. Along with respite care, assisted living, and nursing home care are also available.
- Partners N Care Senior Residence: Along with Respite care, they also offer assisted living, residential care, Hospice services and more.
Riverside offers several assisted living facilities equipped to care for those with Alzheimer's. This short list can help start your search:
- Emeritis Senior Living: Their "Join the Journey" program is an innovative approach to Alzheimer care in Riverside. The goal is to get to know each resident and their family in order to provide a custom approach for care that's personalized.
- Sunrise at Canyon Crest: Along with assisted living, they also provide respite care and Hospice services.
- Somerford Place Redlands: They offer Alzheimer's care, assisted living, respite, and Hospice services.
Nursing Home Care
When a loved one with Alzheimer's requires skilled nursing care, a nursing home or skilled nursing facility can provide the care needed to keep them safe and cared for. In Riverside, there are numerous options available. Nursing facilities offering Alzheimer's care in the Riverside area include:
- Afvw Health Center: Along with providing Alzheimer's care, this senior community also offers Nursing Home and Assisted Living facilities. Medicare and Medicaid are accepted.
- Plymouth Tower Care and Living Center: Provides nursing home, Alzheimer's Care, and assisted living services.
- Sarah Jane Guest Home: Offers Alzheimer's care, Nursing Home, Assisted Living, and in-home services.
Alzheimer's patients can live for a decade or more after being diagnosed. Be sure to look at the big picture and consider the various care options available. Whether it's respite care, assisted living, residential care, or a nursing home facility, be sure the help you hire is trained in the care of Alzheimer's patients.
- Alzheimer’s Care Options in Orange County
Alzheimer's is a progressive disease and the amount and type of care needed to care for patients changes as the disease progresses. Alzheimer's care options in Orange County are available to meet this need.
- Alzheimer Care in California
Alzheimer's care is provided by a specially trained staff and offers a secure environment that lessens confusion.
- Alzheimer Care in San Diego County
Alzheimer's is a devastating disease and finding the right care for loved ones can be overwhelming. Take the time to have a professional assessment done to determine the needs of your loved one to help narrow your search for Alzheimer care in San Die
More by this Author
If you want to build a bird cage, you need a plan, materials and one more thing...a knowledge of birds and their special needs.
Baby cockatiels grow from an inch-long hatchling to adult size in just six weeks. It takes 8-10 days for their eyes to open, but the color of their eyes...even closed eyes offer a clue as to the baby's future color.
Bird owners have mixed feelings about wing clipping. Is it mean to clip your bird's wings? After all they are born to fly. To answer that question, let's take a closer look at how to clip wings and the reasons it is...