Ancient Living: Does The Warrior Diet Work? A Rich Man's Gym Exclusive
What Is The Warrior Diet?
Does Ori Hofmekler's The Warrior Diet work? I trust if you're reading this, you're considering The Warrior Diet. You've seen Warrior Diet reviews, looked at other's results and success stories. You're looking for a diet to get lean, meal plans to get ripped without sacrificing muscle and strength. The Warrior Diet will produce those results. It is not a fad diet, in fact, it's not a diet at all, rather it's a life style. The Warrior Diet isn't a 3 week quick fix, it's a long term solution.
How do you make the Warrior Diet work? Well, let me tell you, I've been on it now for 3 months and I feel terrific I am as lean as I have ever been and am still strong. I have not lost any strength. In fact, I would stay I am stronger now. Both physically and mentally.
In this article, I will tell you exactly how I got started on The Warrior Diet and made it virtually painless to stay with it and incorporate it into my lifestyle. You can do this too.
What Is The Warrior Diet?
If you're just tuning in, let me define The Warrior Diet for you real quick.
You eat one main meal per day, at night. Period. During the day, you are under a controlled fast where you have very light snacks of fruits, juices and veggies. You will learn how to combine foods adequately and challenge your body physically. The Warrior Diet shows you how to nourish the body in sync with its inner clock. You will begin to separate between morning and day time foods and then evening foods to effectively remove of toxins, increase conversion of fat for energy, increase utilization of nutrients and improve resilience to stress.
The result is a leaner, stronger and healthier body. Like a boss? No, like a warrior.
Most ancient cultures ate similar to this fashion. Day time was for work and war, nighttime was for recovery and feasting.
- How to Get Ripped with Food: A 7-Day Plan | Chad Waterbury | Workouts To Get Ripped, Ab Exercises Fo
You'll never get ripped without changing your diet. It's as simple as that. So what changes should you make? This is where you'll get a million different
Step One: Cleanse And Prepare
If you're used to eating 3 squares a day or you've been doing the 6 small meals a day thing, shifting to one main meal a day is going to be a shock to your system.
How do you make the shift? The good news is you're not abstaining from food during the day. You're doing what's known as a controlled fast. Meaning you eat, just not heavy and not a meal as we think of a meal now.
Fasting has many purposes, one of which is cleansing the system. As I was preparing to start The Warrior Diet, I stumbled on an interesting blog post from a guy named Chad Waterbury called "How To Get Ripped With Food: A 7 Day Plan"
The 7 day plan, huh? 7 days to get ripped? I'm in!
I used this plan to prepare myself mentally and physically to take a run at The Warrior Diet.
Here's how it breaks down in a nutshell, but make sure to read the whole article (follow the link over there):
- Day 1: Veggies - 4 servings a day - as much as you want - yup, one day of just veggies - raw or steamed only please. It's only one day, get over it!
- Day 2-4: More Veggies, but during 2 servings, add 20 grams of protein from fish or eggs. Don't worry, the week's already halfway done
- Days 5-7: Protein and Veggies only - protein limited to 20 grams per serving.
- Drink at least 1 gallon of H2O a day
End of Day 7, I devoured a gluten free pizza with garlic, chicken, tomatoes, and artichoke. That was my reward for 7 days of goodness.
On Day 8, starting the Warrior Diet was a breeze.
My system was cleansed, I had jumped started the fat burning furnace that is my body and was hungry to overeat.
Ori Hofmekler Interview
My Warrior Diet
The Warrior Diet is about freedom and control. There is an element of self-mastery in The Warrior Diet as well. Frankly, during the day, I find something quite liberating about "being hungry." It's like getting the eye of the tiger back. While we have homelessness and poverty in America, there is a significant lack of true hunger in America. The Warrior Diet will rekindle the fire and hunger for life and living. If you are not happy with your current situation, be it physical, emotional, spiritual, financial, all 4, then FIGHT! Take action. Get mad and BE hungry for something greater. Fight all day long so at night, after the battle you can feast!
What does a day in the life of my Warrior Diet look like? Here's one sample:
- 6:00 am - black coffee and 8 oz FRESH SQUEEZED grapefruit juice
- 8:00 am - Green based Protein Drink (see my article on Five Things Any Man Can Do To Feel Like Batman Everyday for more on the green based protein drink)
- 12:00 pm - 8 oz Greek Yogurt
- 4:30 pm - Green based protein drink
- 6:00 pm - Workout
- 9:00 pm - CHOW DOWN - Mixed Greens, Grilled Salmon, Steamed Broccoli and Brown Rice (in that exact order)
- 10:30 pm - Strawberry flavored whey protein mixed with coconut milk
I drink a gallon and a half of water a day and have black coffee or espresso in the morning and mid day.
This is one sample day. Sometimes instead of Greek yogurt , I'll have a mixed green salad with balsamic vinaigrette and for desert Greek Yogurt with frozen berries. But you should get the point right? On occasion, I'll go most of the day on coffee and water and only eat the main meal at night, just to give my system a reset.
Since, starting on this new lifestyle (not a diet - way of life) I have found myself leaner, stronger, more centered and focused. I feel sharp. Like a warrior.
Basically, I'm using my body's natural rhythms to increase fat burning and energy usage during the day followed by refuel and repair at night.
Consider an ancient warrior. He wakes up, packs up and marches. Passes an apple tree and grabs an apple then continues on. It's like this all day. Maybe they have a skirmish or wind up in a battle. Then at night, they feast!
Works for me! How about you?
My Current Exercise Program On The Warrior Diet
In The Warrior Diet there is a section on exercise which I will cover in another article called Controlled Fatigue Training At Rich Man's Gym. For now, I'll clue you in on what I'm doing currently for a healthy heart, strength and conditioning.
- Warm Up with Joint Mobility, Wall Squats and Halos
- Pull Ups and Kettlebell Squats: 3 Ladders up to 5 reps
- Viking Warrior Conditioning This is a Vo2 Max protocol that will melt fat and strengthen the heart
- Cool Down with Leg Raises 4 rounds with 30 seconds of work and 30 seconds of rest
- Go to Outlaws Boxing Gym and learn the ropes for 90 minutes
- Warm Up with Wall Squats, Hard Style Locks and Goblet Squats
- Turkish Get Ups and Pistol Practice (20 minutes)
- Swings and Jumping Jacks 20 seconds of work / 10 seconds of rest (goal is 80 rounds)
- Cool Down with Frog Hops, Push Press, Burpees (4 rounds of each drill with 30 seconds of work and 30 seconds of rest)
- Back to Outlaws
- Warm Up with 9 minutes of Jumping Rope and Joint Mobility
- 20 minutes working the Kettlebell Snatch
- Cool Down with Indian Clubbell swings and swipes and maybe some medicine ball work for good measure
- FYI - sometimes I'll do something totally different for variety and active recovery depending on how hard I worked during the week.
Anything you see here that you're not sure of, need clarity on or if you need help with creating your own routine, leave a comment below and I'll be happy to help
As you can see, I shoot for 5 days a week of consistent exercise and training. I take off Fridays and Sundays. I prefer now to training in the early evening except on Saturdays when I train in the mornings.
- The Warrior Diet by Ori Hofmekler From Defense Nutrition
Reading this very well may bring out the warrior in you! Buy online health supplements, vitamins and minerals in diet, whey protein supplement, and Ori's book!
So now it's up to you? Are you going to take The Warrior Diet for a test drive? Will you incorporate it into your lifestyle? For me, it has been liberating, energizing and highly rewarding. Quite literally, I feel like a new man!
As I mentioned, I'm happy to answer any questions you might have (or concerns) about the diet and/or workout. Simply leave a comment below and we can start the discussion!
© 2013 David R Bradley
More by this Author
What ARE the REAL ingredients in bpi's A-HD BPI Sports produces a supplement called A-HD. Once sold under the name Arimedex-HD. We're going to take a look into the ingredients and see if this is worth your...
Kettlebells + Calisthenics = Killer Workout Body weight training or calisthenics can give you one hell of a workout. But when you add Kettlebell training to the mix, all bets are off. Body weight training programs...
If you're an automotive sales professional who has found themselves charged with handling internet leads then this Hub is for you. If you work online with customers via the internet and email, then some of the tips...