Any time meditation!
What my spiritual mentor taught me was that simply intelectually understanding meditation has no meaning of your transformation unless you start practising meditation. Without you doing it yourself and getting the results you will not know what peace and joy is. So start meditating today itself.
In any given moment your mind and body experience certain thoughts, feelings, sounds or sensations. These are the ways you perceive This Intelligent Universe through your senses.
Meditation, then, is the art of watching and witnessing The Truth as it unfolds on your body in each and every moment. It's simply becoming aware of the reality in your body in every present moment in a neutral gear without any labelling of "good" or "bad".
What i have experienced through meditation is this:
- I feel joyful, centered and peaceful inside no matter what the situation is.
- I can take better decisions
- I almost never fall sick and am healthy with optimum weight.
- I am calm and in control of the emotions
- My memory and concentration have improved
- Thinking is clear
- My relationships with fellow humans are better as i am in control of everything.
But you yourself have to do it and get the results. Persistence is the key.
It is called "Anytime" as it can be done whenever you want to do it. There is no fixed time to do it as it is very easy and "EFFORTLESS".
There are two ways of living in this world. The outer world of competition is a way of "struggle". It's a world of "ambitions",actions and achievements. Of rules and regulations. The opposite is the inner world of spirituality and meditation. The way of being "spontaneous" and "natural" according to your true nature of your Inner Being. We need both ways and a balance between them.
Therefore, in the easiest of all the meditations, the "ATM-Any Time Meditation", you don't have to force or torture yourself to do any rigorous exercise in any fixed schedule. It's all simple and spontaneous without any sense of pressure from any rules.
Simply doing meditation is more important than doing it excellently. There is simply no role of chasing the goal of excellence or perfection in meditation.
Here are the steps:
- Sit still with your back straight and close your eyes.
- Be aware of your breathe going in and out, the sounds you hear, the feelings you have inside your body and the thoughts that come.
- Your body must be relaxed without any tension in the muscles
- You may get lost in some thoughts and drift away. You just need to be aware and be a watcher of thoughts. It will take practise and eventually you will master "watching thoughts".
- You can do it for 5-10 minutes daily or any time you want.
- The key is to keep your body comfortable and beingone with The Higher Intelligence.
After a few moments of doing the ATM-Any Time Meditation you may feel your body becoming light and relaxed. You may instead feel numb, painful or heavy in any part of your body. Or you may experience a tingling sensation. Or some vague feeling that you cannot describe. Or some discomfort in any body part. All this is once again very very normal and happens to all human beings.
There are no good or bad sensations or feelings. They are simply there in that particular moment. Just be aware of them also. Do not try to bring back the pleasurable sensations in place of some painful ones. Simply let it happen whatever happens. It's all temporary. Let it come and go, that's all.
Just remember that all the thoughts, feelings and sensations are temporary. They will disappear by themselves only. You don't have to make any effort to retain the so-called good ones or remove the so-called bad ones. Thus, the whole essence of meditation is e-f-f-o-r-t--l-e-s-s---n-e-s-s. It simply means that you have become totally open to the Whole Thinking Universe. Your ego has surrendered to The Highest Intelligence.
All the best. :-)
Today is the best day of your life. :-)
More by this Author
Sharks don't usually attack humans. We are not their natural prey. We get attacked because we resemble some of their prey and the shark makes a mistake in murky waters. For example we look a lot like a seal swimming in...
These are the world's most dangerous, deadly snakes for humans: Find out about the habits of each snake, where they live, and how to avoid them.
Any of these animals can be the number 1 toxic on earth as it's very hard to judge them. They all contain different toxic chemicals which can kill a human in minutes. So i have rated them based on how much dangerous...