Apis Mellifera Homeopathy Remedy
One of the popular homeopathic remedy, discovered by Rev. Brauns in 1835 in Germany, actually uses the whole body of the honey bee entirely, inclusive of its stinger, which is grounded or crushed, placed in alcohol to dissolve and then succussed during the preparation of the remedy. The name given to this natural healing remedy is Apis, Apis Mellifera, Apis Mellifica or Apis Mel. As homeopathic remedies are based on the concept of ‘like cures like’, Apis made from honey bees is the perfect treatment to clear up swellings and itchiness from bee stings, insect bites, hornet, mosquito, wasp or any flying insects.
Conditions or Symptoms treated with Apis
- Used particularly for treatment of redness, swelling, inflammation and itchiness of the skin, touch sensitive skin and pains that are hot and stinging. Pains are usually relieved by cold but worsened by heat accompanied by thirst and feverishness.
- Headaches that are hot and stabbing and with dry skin
- Allergic conditions causing difficulty in swallowing and sore throat.
- Nettle rash
- Whitlow which is an abscess occurring on the finger tip
- Urinary tract infection
- Cystitis accompanied by hot stabbing pains in the urethra or urinary bladder when passing urine, frequent urge to urinate even though there is not much fluid left in the body or associated inflammation of the kidney
- Urinary incontinence especially in aging people
- Edema or fluid retention that causes the eye lids to swell or swellings in other areas
- Arthritic conditions such as swollen and painful joint inflammation
- Peritonitis with symptoms of edema
- Meningitis with symptoms of edema
- Eye symptoms such as styes, swollen eyelids, watery eyes, red conjunctiva, edema under the eyes, thick cornea
- Insect stings causing the skin to become swollen, itchy and touch sensitive. Puffiness and stinging pain may often be experienced
- Snake or insect bites such as scorpion, black widow or brown recluse spider bites with similar symptoms to insect stings.
- Hives or urticarial also with similar symptoms to insect stings
- Shingles that is stinging, burning and swollen, relieved by cold applications and aggravated by warmth
Homeopathy remedy profile suitable for Apis
People who are suitable and can really benefit from the Apis homeopathy remedy tends to have the same personalities as the bees such as:
- Have high expectations
- Can be fussy and quite irritable
- Rather hard to please
- Loves to organize others and be surrounded by them
- Jealous of own domain
- Tend to be quite resentful of new people
- Restless nature
- May spend hours of time sorting or cleaning or appear to rush around and work very hard but achieving very little in the end
- Loves to be the center of attraction or attention
More by this Author
Many had heard about the wondrous cure of honey but so few had heard about the equally wondrous propolis. Propolis is a natural antibiotic and the wonderful thing is that it does not bring with it the side effects that...