Healthy Diet Plan-No Secrets Here
Healthy Diet Plan Explained
After being a chef for more than 16 years my knowledge, of diets nutrition and healthy eating, i feel is rather good. I also think most diets available in todays market are a con or are misleading to the public which could put there lives at risk.
The main components of a healy diet i feel are as follow:
- plenty of fruit and veg
- plenty of starchy foods such as rice, bread, pasta (try to choose wholegrain varieties when you can) and potatoes
- some protein-rich foods such as meat, fish, eggs and pulses
- some milk and dairy foods
- just a small amount of foods high in fat, salt and sugar
It's also important to eat a variety of foods to make sure we get all the nutrients our bodies need.
Also the following eightt points should be considered when choosing a healthy diet.
1. Base your meals on starchy foods.
2. Eat lots of fruit and veg.
3. Eat more fish.
4. Cut down on saturated fat and sugar.
5. Try to eat less salt - no more than 6g a day.
6. Get active and try to be a healthy weight.
7. Drink plenty of water.
8. Don't skip breakfast.
Fats, sugars, salt
If you want to eat healthily it's a good idea to watch how much fat, sugar and salt you eat.
It's not a good idea to be either underweight or overweight. Eating too much can make you overweight, which can lead to ill health, such as heart disease, high blood pressure or diabetes. Not eating as much food as your body needs could also affect your health. If you're concerned about your weight, get in touch with your GP or a dietitian.
I sincereley hope this Hub can help a few people out there to achieve their personal goal. Why not visit my new hub on Nutrition.