Are Natural Herbals Safe for Pregnant Women?
video about herbal safety for pregnant women
Are natural herbals safe for pregnant women?
Pregnant women should have complete nutrition and they should be healthy because they are eating for themselves plus the baby in their womb. Staying healthy means an overall package of health and lifestyle practices and it should be closely adhere to when you are carrying a baby. This is also true for all of us. When you are pregnant, you are not one but two already and you are responsible for the baby in your womb. Making sure that you are healthy and eating proper nutrients are good for the baby in your womb because overall health starts when you are still in the womb. The role of natural herbals for pregnant women are well researched by the different relevant agencies like the American Pregnancy Association which states that the use of herbal medicine for pregnant women should be guided by a health provider. It means there are herbals which are safe for pregnant women but should be taken with proper consultation with a health provider.
The topic of this hub is about natural herbal remedies and whether it is safe during pregnancy. Many today are resorting to herbal or the natural way of healing because it is plant based and researched found out that plant based medicine can cure or even prevent sickness. It has been a practice in ancient times to take natural herbal medicines to cure or for prevention purposes.
herbals which are safe during pregnancy -- and using it requires consulting a health provider
- Peppermint Leaf and Ginger Root - this is helpful when you are sick in the first three month so pregnancy.
- Elm Bark - it relieves nausea and vomiting plus heartburn and itchiness in vagina
- Blond Psyllium and Black Psyllium - when used orally and appropriately and proper fluid intake
- Garlic - it should be used in an amount which is appropriate
- Capsicum or hot pepper - this should be used topically and with caution
- Red Raspberry Leaf - is helpful in the uterus to tone it and if you want to breastfed after giving birth it is helpful with milk production, plus it will ease you when you're feeling sick and want to throw up. This leaf is very rich in Iron as this vitamin is needed when you're pregnant.
- Oats & Oat Straw- this is very rich in calcium and magnesium plus it helps relieve feeling of depression, and irritability in skin
natural herbals and pregnancy
natural herbals that needs further research pertaining to its efficacy and safeness for pregnant women
According to the Natural Medicines Database, the following herbal medicines are being used by herbalists, physicians, and midwives who treat women but a proper consultation with your health care provider is needed, plus the following herbals needs further research about their effectiveness and safeness.
- Chamomile is very rich in Magnesium and Calcium and helps if you cant sleep
- Nettles - are very rich in Vitamins A, C and K, and Iron and it is a very good tonic High in vitamins A, C, K , calcium, potassium, and iron. According to American Pregnancy Association, they use this in many pregnancy teas because "it is a great all around pregnancy tonic, but the "Natural Medicines Database" gives Nettles a rating of Likely Unsafe"because even though it is used in countless pregnancy teas and recommended by most midwives and herbalists the use is contingent upon which part of the Nettles plant is used (the root or the leaves) and how much is used, and according to other sources, the use of Nettles is encouraged during pregnancy because of its health benefits"--
- Dandelion - Rich in Vitamin A, calcium, and iron; dandelion root and leaf can also help relieve mild edema and nourish the liver
- Aloe, Ginseng (American & Korean), Evening Primrose, Feverfew, Kava Kava, Senna should be taken with further consultation with health provider
General Rules in Using Herbals for Pregnant Women
Since you are the one responsible for your total health and your baby, total caution is required when you are expectring, please consult a health provider when taking supplements -- vitamins and herbals. There are herbals safe with pregnant women, but the manner in which you take them and the dosage should be approved by a health provider. Overall care for your health is needed when you're expecting a baby.
relevant articles about herbals
- Things to Consider Before Using Herbal Remedies
Things to consider before using herbal remedies In the recent past, many people are resorting to herbal remedies to treat common illnesses like cold, backpain or other more serious ones such as...
- Are Herbal Remedies Safe? Interesting Truths and Facts About Herbal Remedies
Are Herbal Remedies Safe? Interesting Truths and Facts About Herbal Remedies For those of us who are tired of the high price s of some mainstream medicines, herbal remedies are good alternatives to medicate...
- Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea
Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea Diarrhea if untreated may cause death because ofdehydration. It is a condition where you have discomfort and at times your stomach aches. There are natural home...
- Chinese Herbal Medicine for Menstrual Pain
Dang Gui or female ginseng : best Chinese herbal medicine for menstrual pain Chinese medicine are proven by history to be effective in curing diseases. Herbalism or resorting to herbal...
- Quick exercise for post natal moms : achieving "tummylicious" look
Being a mother is the sweetest thing in the world, the smile of your newborn baby makes your world a brighter place and you can feel that you can do anything now that you have a baby. I am a mom...
- Vitamin Supplements for a Vegan Breastfeeding Mom
A Vegan Mom When youre a mom, you need all the strength in the world to take care of your children, aside from the households demands and the many day to day little problems you need to face. I started...
- Is Veganism Good For You?
As early as 1944, when the Vegan Society was founded in response to the broadening of the term vegetarian to include the eating of dairy products, people are slowly acknowledging that veganism is good for...
- Chinese Herbal Medicine For Insomnia
Chinese Herbal Medicine for Insomnia Chinese medicine also termed as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practices include such treatments as Chinese herbal medicine, acupuncture/acupressure, dietary...
More by this Author
Do you want to get pregnant faster? here are some ways for you to do so that you can achieve your reproductive goals. When two people love each other and they want to start a family there are various ways on how to...
Humor Quotes and Funny Jokes About Pregnant Women. I like to read humor and laughter about anything pertaining to the world around us -- people, places, situations and anything which will make me laugh. That's what I do...
Every year during springtime, April 23 to be exact, the English people celebrate their national day in remembrance of their patron saint -- St. George. St.George is the patron saint of England and he is depicted as a...