BANANA: The Perfect Food
Happy Yellow Bananas
A thrilling and suspenseful romance...
10 Reasons to "GO BANANAS" for Bananas!
Bananas are considered one of the most popular fruits in the USA and abroad for good reason. Not only do they taste great and come in their own environmentally friendly biodegradable packaging, but they are super healthy for you, too. Bananas are also great ingredients for baby food, yummy desserts, and delicious shakes. Here are my top 10 reasons to eat bananas (if you are not crazy about them yet, you will be):
TOP 10 REASONS WHY BANANAS ARE PERFECT FOOD:
1. Fat-free, cholesterol-free, and sodium-free- perfect for those regulating their high blood pressure.
2. Rich in vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium and potassium (lack of vitamin B6 may cause insomnia, irritability and weakness) ALSO: if you are trying to quick smoking, these vitamins and minerals will help your body cope with nicotine withdrawal (wow).
3. One medium sized banana (about 7" long) contains roughly 110 calories, yet is packed with vitamins, minerals that will boost your energy. So, if you are on the go and don't have time to eat a proper meal, grab a banana.
4. Excellent source of fiber (to prevent constipation).
5. Excellent source of carbohydrates (the fuel your body needs to run on)
6. Relatively high in iron (eating plenty of iron prevents anemia)
7. Natural antacid, so if you suffer from heartburn, eat a banana to soothe your stomach. ALSO: banana is the ONLY raw fruit that will not distress an ulcer.
8. Natural stress reducer due to the potassium content, which normalizes your heart rate and your body's water content.
9. Eating bananas regularly may reduce your risk for having a stroke by 40% (that's a lot).
10. When you are done with eating the banana, you may use the peel! Rubbing the inside of a banana peel on pimples and mosquito bites will help soothe and dry them up.
I am sure that there are other good reasons for eating this amazing fruit, but these 10 should inspire you to go out and buy a bunch. Any comments, recipes or ideas are always appreciated. Thank you for reading!
C. De Melo
Author & Artist
More by this Author
A realistic way to eat less and lose weight.
Approaching weight loss realistically in a manner that can achieve success.
I love to entertain and have some wonderful tips to make sure that your dinner party, cocktail party, or any kind of party you throw is a SUCCESS! There is nothing worse than being invited to dinner only to arrive and...
No comments yet.