Balancing Nutrition Tips
Looking Good With Proper Nutrition
Drink Plenty of Water
- White Tiger Drinking Poster by WezesPosters
Click on link to buy poster. Sizes 11"x14" to 52"x66"
You Don't Eat Carbs?
- You Don't Eat Carbs? Poster by wislander
Click on the link to buy poster. Sizes 16"x11" to 78"x52"
Atkins Diet Recipes
- Atkins Diet Recipes
Start Losing Weight FAST With A Low Carb Diet This E-Book provides you with an extensive range (over 1000) recipes to be used in conjunction with the acclaimed Dr Atkins Diet. 6 other ebooks are included.
30 Hubs in 30 Days
My Top Nutritional Tips
- Before starting on your nutritional journey, write down what your goals are. After writing down “I want…” change the wording to be “I am… “ For example: "I am 115 pounds.” This is called positive affirmation and positive “chi.” We must rid ourselves of negativity to reach our goals. Seeing something as “I want…” means you will always be wanting. Next time you look in the mirror say, “I am good looking.” This is something I need to work on myself.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day. This will flush out toxins and keep you hydrated. Being hydrated brings up our energy level. Water is a great appetite suppressant, and often when we think we're hungry, we're actually just thirsty. Drinking a good amount of water could lower your risks of a heart attack. Keeping hydrated with water clears up your skin and minimize wrinkles. Our digestive systems need a good amount of water to digest food properly. Drinking lots of water can also reduce the risk of bladder and colon cancer.
- Cut out junk food. Sugar, salt, potato chips, candy, and desserts are all empty calories. Junk food leads to obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, cancer and the list goes on.
- If overweight, chose a diet or lifestyle change that is right for you. Whether you go on a low calorie, low fat, low carb, high protein, vegetarian or vegan diet, make sure it is one that you can commit to. A diet for one person might not be the ideal diet for another. It shouldn’t be something that you suffer through, but a way of life that you can live with.
- Research what might be missing as far as vitamins and minerals in your diet. The Atkins diet may be low in vitamin C and calcium. Where as a vegan diet my lack in vitamins A, B and D. Other types of diets may be missing other nutrients. Research what missing or the diet is short of and balance it out with supplements.
- Find time to exercise and make it enjoyable. I love to walk. It is a low-impacted exercise that works all the muscles. Jogging, aerobics or dance burns calories faster than walking. Working with weights builds muscle. Muscle burns calories faster than fat. What ever type of fitness that you chose, make sure that it is something that you can stick with. And remember if you don’t have enough time in the day, there are many quick workouts that can be fit in a 10 to 15 minute break.
- Instead of eating three large meals a day, break it down to 5 or 6 small meals. This is called grazing or the Lunch Box diet. It is easier on your digestive system. It keeps your body more in balance and you don’t feel like you want to take nap the way you do after eating a large meal.
The copyright to this article is owned by Sandy Mertens (sandyspider). Permission to republish this article in print or online must be granted by the author in writing. (You can, however, freely use the opening introduction and photo with a link to the article here on HubPages to read the remainder of the article.)
- Nutrition Secrets
Have you ever wondered what it might be like to find the long lost Fountain of Youth? We cant promise you that, but we can give you a close second. Starting today, learn the facts about what your body really needs to survive longer and healthier.
- My Quest for Healthy Living Diary
There is nothing fun about dieting. Some people are so fortunate to never have a weight problem. Some years back I worked with a woman who all her life could not keep the weight on. Yet she was healthy. During the entire course of the day at work, sh
- My Top 10 Healthful Choices
You don't need anything but the right foods and the right plan to achieve your perfect healthful balance This is the biggest money making scam in the world today: Companies selling you worthless supplements and fat burners with false promises.Without
Nutrition Books and Water
Health on HubPages
- Fun with Cardio Kickboxing
Young Woman Kickboxing Photographic Print This is an exercise that combines the elements of boxing, martial arts, and aerobics. Many Cardio Kickboxing instructors use equipment such as jump ropes and...
- When You Need a Quick Workout
Here are ten one minute workouts that you can do. Something that you can do when you have short breaks. 1. Lunges work the hips and the lower legs. Slowly step backward with one leg in the lunge ...
- Weight Training For Seniors
As we get older our bodies dont respond to exercise the same way. It becomes harder to loss weight. We lose muscle tone and we are more prone to osteoporosis, especially in elderly women. After the age...
- How to Choose an Office Workout Routine
How do you choose a workout routine when you are on your butt all day? Some of us are self employed and work at home. This is just a matter of discipline and pushing yourself away from that chair you have...
- Weight Loss Tips of Charlies Angels
Charlie's Angels(Superbit Two-Disc Deluxe Edition)(2000)Sold on Amazon. Charlies Angels began as a TV is 1975, with the original angels as Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett-Majors, and Jaclyn Smith. After...
- Vegan Diet for Babies Good or Bad
There is a wide controversy on if babies, especially newborns should be on a vegan diet. Is this healthy or is it a death sentence? We have all heard of the stories of starvation and death of babies given...
- Getting to the Root of Veganism
In 1944, Donald Watson and Elsie Shrigley in England founded the Vegan Society. Unlike vegetarians a vegan does not eat or drink any dairy products. The first vegan society in the United States was founded...
- Choosing a Diet to Lower Your Cholesterol
Walk side by side with Good Cholesterol. Don't let Bad Cholesterol get behind you. Cholesterol is defined in two parts. The first part is Low-density lipoprotein, or LDL. This is the bad type of cholesterol...
- Nutrition Secrets
Eating the right amount of fruits and vegetables. FDA guideline of nutrition is general for one type of person. But we are not one type but several types of people. We come from different backgrounds and...
- Lose Weight with Positive Affirmations
Loss weight with positive affirmations. Then read about the 177 weight loss tips (listed below). There are many different diets waiting to slim down you pocketbook. The fact is, most of these dont work....
- Natural Treatment of Homeopathy
Mortar and pestle used for grinding insoluble solids into homeopathic remedies including quartz and oyster shells. In 1796, German physician Samuel Hahnemann treated patients with heavily diluted...
- Energy of Yoga
The Shiva Pashupati, seal with the seated Shiva figure termed Pashupati. According to Indus archeologist Gregory Possehl, Several steatite seals discovered at Indus Valley Civilization sites depict figures in...
- Alzheimers Disease Prevention With Ginkgo Biloba
This is a slice through a healthy brain Ginkgo biloba has been shown to help slow down the progression of Alzheimers disease. According to the AMA Health Care Trends 2008 under Complementary and...
- Atkins Diet a Way of Life
Since my daughter was born, I have struggled with my weight. No matter how much I exercised and cut back on calories, it just wasn't working. Gaining weight isnt just about calories. It is how our bodies...
© 2010 Sandy Mertens
More by this Author
Do you burn up or begin hiccuping while eating jalapeno peppers? Then you may very well be allergic to these. The best way is to avoid the peppers altogether.