Benefits Of Vegetarian Eating
Why Veggies Are Good For You
A vegetarian diet consists of eating no animal products and offers many benefits to the body and the environment.
1. Weight Control - A vegetarian diet will naturally keep your weight down. When you give up meat you are reducing a lot of fat from your diet. Eating vegetarian is naturally low in fat and high in the benefits of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. You lose weight without counting calories and monitoring portion sizes.
2. Extends Life Span - A vegetarian will extend their life by over 10 years. Animal products clog up your system. Without the saturated fat in meats, your body will run longer because it is naturally healthier.
3. Prevents Disease - Many diseases such as cancer and heart disease are aggravated by the consumption of animal products. A vegetarian diet will not only prevent disease but it can be used to treat and even reverse disease. Eating vegetables will reduce cholestorol and increase fibers leading to a healthy body. A vegetarian diet will give you less of a risk or developing heart disease, cancer, diabetes and high blood pressure.
4. Increases Energy Levels - A typical vegetarian diet consists of whole grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables. These foods are high in complex carbohydrates and as a result they supply the body with plenty of fuel that keeps the body energized. When you eat animal products the blood does not flow freely through the arteries and your muscles lack oxygen which makes you feel tired.
5. Saves Money - Eliminating foods such as meat and animal products from your grocery shopping list will save you a considerable amount of money.
6. Stops Animal Cruelty - Meat is a product of animal slaughter. These animals are specifically raised to provide food. They are often farm raised in tight quarters and kept in small stalls during their lifespan. The animals are killed for their meat.
7. Reduces Pollution - There is a lot of waste runoff from the farms that raise animals for human consumption. The runoff goes into our rivers and streams and pollutes our world.
8. Improves Complexion - A vegetarian diet tends to have foods with a lot of anti-oxidants and water. These foods will make your skin glow and keep it smooth and healthy looking.
Cruelty In Animal Farming
Vegetarian Books On Amazon
More by this Author
A guide to the most wanted Christmas gifts this season. If you want to know the most popular gifts for Christmas gift giving this year, this article will give you advice on Christmas shopping.
- 55Best Facebook Quotes 2015 To Update Your Status - Popular Facebook Sayings to Make Friends Laugh or Cry
Updating your status is a major activity for Facebook members. The most popular, best Facebook sayings and quotes can be found here.
Halloween is one of those holidays that is great for fun food items. If you are having a Halloween party or just want to make the day extra special, check out the Halloween recipes and pictures here.