Benefits of Having Ginger
Did you know that the benefits of ginger are not just culinary?
Ginger provides us with many health benefits, particularly to our digestive system.
But first, some interesting "nodes" about ginger.
- The root-like appearance of a ginger deceives us. The ginger that we use for cooking is actually a rhizome of a ginger plant. Rhizomes are the horizontal stems of ginger where its roots actually sprout.
- Ginger is said to be an aphrodisiac. Drinking ginger tea is not only relaxing; it provides endurance and stamina as well, to the person who drinks it.
Is ginger part of your diet?See results without voting
Benefits of Ginger
- The first of the benefits of ginger arise when you’re cooking fish. It’s my first defense against the stench of let’s say, the pomfret. Even for a simple fried fish dish, adding ginger into the mix counters the strong “fishy” odor. Ginger has strong flavors that go very well with chicken, vegetables as well as strong-odored fish.
- The benefits of ginger also include relief to gastrointestinal disorders. This includes like bloating, belching, flatulence, nausea and vomiting.
Drinking ginger tea soothes our distressed digestive tract. This makes it particularly good for the acidic.
- Ginger is used as a first aid treatment for many other ailments. Some use the benefits of ginger to treat colds, flu, fever and food poisoning.
- Ginger is also used as a pain killer. It’s gingerol property is used by pharmaceuticals in treating the pains of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Many have been using the benefits of ginger for years. Yet, few of us are still not aware of its myriad uses.
If you’re thinking of trying ginger supplements though, consult with your physician first. Ginger is known to increase bile production which may not be good for some people.
Ginger is one medicinal herb with no particular adverse effects on other drugs or nutrients from food. Still, those with history of gallstones should take caution in consuming ginger and ginger supplements.
With regards to adding ginger to your diet, always eat in moderation and in right portions. Ginger offers a lot of benefits; and the way to enjoy them is simply not to go over-board.
Bookmark or share this page if you enjoyed it.
More by this Author
The health benefits of pork liver are surprisingly abundant. Don't be afraid to take a bite every once in a while. Read about the health benefits of pork liver today.
Have you heard of the delicious amaranth leaves? Know their health benefits here.
Know the health benefits of munggo beans here.