Benefits Of Fruit Enzyme
Enzyme, the miracle nutrient
Phyto-nutrient compounds in fruits and vegetables are necessary for maintaining the health of our bodies. These compounds suppress free radicals and strengthen our immune system. The effectiveness of these phyto-nutrient compounds is largely dependent on the enzyme level. The greater the enzyme level, the more effective will be the compounds.
Enzymes are protein molecules which are the life force of all biological activities in human cells. Enzymes act as catalysts for the human cells to function. The body‘s ability to digest, absorb and utilize nutrients depends on the presence of enzymes. We don’t have to go into details of enzymes. Just consider enzyme as a vital substance that sustain life. There are many types of enzymes which may be grouped into two categories. One group is the digestive enzymes such as protease, lipase and amylase. The other group is the metabolic enzymes.
Through the process of fermentation, the enzyme levels in fruits and vegetables can be increased. This is because during the fermentation process, live bacteria will “pre-digest” the nutrients, and elevate the enzyme levels. These “elevated enzymes” will be more useful for the body cells. The end-result of this process of fermentation of the fruits and vegetables is called “fruit enzyme”. Drinking the fruit enzyme will boost the body immune system, promote healthy digestion, and detoxify and revitalize the body cells.
The main ingredients of fruit enzymes are of course the different types of fruits. However, for preparation of fruit enzymes, herbs and certain flowers like rose and chrysanthemum may also be included. The best option is to use organically grown products, although they are more expensive.
There are two more ingredients that you will need to prepare fruit enzymes. Sugar and honey. During fermentation, yeast and bacteria consume sugar. If ordinary sugar is used, the resulting by-product will be alcohol. The leftover sugar and the alcohol content are not conducive to health. The best substitute for refined sugar is pure isomaltose oligosaccharides, or simply called oligo. Oligo is a friendly bacteria booster. It helps in the growth of the friendly bacteria, bifidus, in the large intestine, enhancing absorption of nutrients and improving digestion.
Oligo is a carbohydrate with 3 to 10 simple sugars linked together. Oligo is found in barley, corn, burdock, banana, onion, garlic, tomato, artichoke, chicory root, and many other plants. You can buy pure oligo from the organic health stores.
The other activating agent in the fermenting process is honey. It is important that high quality pure honey is used. Pure poly floral honey is most suitable, although any high quality pure honey can be used. The alcohol level released during the process will be very low, and when the fermentation matures, the alcohol residue will be fully decomposed.
Pure honey and oligo
How to make fruit enzyme
1. It is very important that cleanliness is maintained when preparing fruit enzyme. All the ingredients and utensils must be thoroughly cleaned and dried. Your hands must also be thoroughly cleaned and dry.
2. Preferably to use organic ingredients.
3. Use pure oligo and pure honey.
4. Use glass containers as they will not react with the contents. Do not use plastic or metal containers as they will react with the contents.
5. The container must have air-tight lid.
6. Lightly tilt/shake the container once a day to ensure even spread of oligo and honey on the ingredients. If the ingredients float to the top, open the lid on the 4th day and push the top ingredients down with a wooden or plastic spatula. If the top ingredients are left for too long without submerging, a thin layer of white substance may be formed on top of the ingredients; but not to worry as this substance is harmless. This is the layer of bio-film, the result of bacteria activities that forms during fermentation. Be sure to close the container tightly again.
7. The fermentation process takes 7 days.
8. By the 7th day, empty out the ingredients, and transfer the liquid enzyme into a glass bottle and keep in the fridge.
9. The fruit residue can be eaten, or simply discarded.
10. The enzyme is to be taken in diluted form, 30ml with 300ml water, once or twice a day, any time to your convenience.
Fruit enzyme drink (30ml enzyme to 300ml water)
Fruit enzyme recipes
You can find two of my fruit enzyme recipes in my other articles in Hubpages. Just click on the links below.
Fruit enzyme is different from garbage enzyme
You may have heard of "garbage enzyme". Please note that fruit enzyme is not the same as garbage enzyme. Fruit enzyme is a nutritious drink, whereas garbage enzyme is not for human consumption. If you are interested to know more, please click to read my article on "Garbage Enzyme".
Fruit enzyme residue (Eat it or discard it)
Link to my other interesting and beneficial articles
If you find this article interesting or beneficial, you may go to my "Profile" page to read my other articles by simply CLICKHERE:
By the way, the copyright to this article is owned by Good Guy. Please do not “copy and paste”! Thank you.
More by this Author
Health benefits of luo han guo (monk fruit or momordica fruit). This fruit is usually brewed into a health drink. No sugar is needed as it is sweeter than sugar.
Health Benefits Of Ume (Japanese Plum). “An ume a day keeps 100 illnesses away”! Umeboshi and mumefural, two by-products from the ume fruit.
Moringa, the miracle tree that supplies all our nutritional needs and cures our illnesses.