Best ways to avoid sports injuries
Never Be A Couch Potato
Well, in order to have a healthy body, the first and first thing that seems to be a fact is that we can never be a couch potato; yes, at least we need to have some daily physical activities. Though exercise helps to keep us a healthy and fit body, we can easily get hurt and injured also at the same time if we are unaware of the existing factors that can do us the harm every now and then.
I wonder if you are aware of these but let me emphasis here for you as fitness and wellness are becoming quite a popular trend nowadays, and I bet you have gotten it involved…don't you?
Well, if it is so, it’s really a great news, at least you are keeping yourself away from the risk of heart and cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, obesity and all those seem quite a common diseases and illnesses nowadays...not only these, but you have kept yourself a distance with depression and anxiety, just make sure that you won’t overlook the nutrition at the same time.
External And Internal Factors That Cause Sport Injuries
Okay, back to what I am actually wanted to convey my message in this hub…don’t hurt and injured yourself when doing your exercise for a fit and healthy body whenever and wherever…
First of all, we need to know the two existing factors, the external factor and internal factor that can cause it to happen always.
Basically the external factors include improper environment, incorrect use of sports equipment, wrong postures etc. while inadequate of physical, excessive exercise and lack of regular exercise habit are included in internal factors.
From here, it’s so obvious these could not be overlooked and instead we have to take it seriously as no one wants to have a healthy and fit body but turn out injured themselves because of such unaware factors…So, if you have aware of these, please get yourself some body activities as they tend to boost your immune system, give you a positive self-esteem, and it increases the blood and oxygen flow to the brain.
Always Remember These...
Besides the above mentioned, I would like to further some prevention…yes, to avoid the injuries as possible as you can.
Before you start any new exercise, always remember these:-
1. Get a certified personal trainer – a certified and good trainer will help you to work out appropriately with their knowledge, he/she can train you in a safety way, but first of all, know your own limit.
2. Modify your exercise accordingly – know what your limits, yes, this is what I have mentioned a second ago. If you have any heart disease or other conditions which your personal trainer might not know, consult your doctor and listen to his advice as any new activity which you are unfamiliar with or not used to can stress your body.
3. Determine the exercise intensity for yourself – never go too hard in the beginning, begin it moderately about 15 – 20 minutes two or three times a week and gradually build upon this only then.
4. Warm up before exercise – never ever skip this! Yes, a proper warm up plays an important role to prevent any injuries, and in fact, it increases your breathing and heart-rate and the energy-releasing reactions in the muscles, and promoting blood flow to the muscle to supply them with more oxygen which is ready for your exercise. Don’t worry about what warm up you should begin with, you could always start the warm up before any exercise in easier way by doing some gently stretching, yes, by only the gently stretching, just don’t start any exercises straightaway.
5. Cool down after exercise – surprise? This is somehow as important as the warm up as it helps to bring your heart rate and breathing to return towards the resting level gradually. Stop suddenly after a vigorous activity will make ones faint or dizzy. So, remember to make it part of your exercise session, well…after the exercise I mean.
Oops, did I forget to mention how to do the cooling down? Well, do some stretching as I always do after the exercise, allow roughly a ten minutes time, and make sure that you stretch all the parts you have used during your exercise…
6. Stay hydrated – sounds unrelated? Nope! It’s related, trust me! Never let yourself in a dehydrate condition when you are doing the exercise. Make sure that you drink before the exercise and drink to replace any lost fluids which occurs during the exercise as well.
7. Please eat to fuel your energy – of course, it’s harmful to exercise immediately right after the meal, so it’s advisable to eat two hours before to avoid the avoidable sufferings. Never skip the meal before exercise as you tend to eat more after the exercise.
8. Get proper attire – get yourself proper footwear for the exercise needs and clothes that keep you cool and dry, and comfortable of course.
9. Rest – yes, take time to rest for the recovery. Working out too much can actually lead to overtraining syndrome.
10. Listen to your body – if you are not feeling well, don’t force yourself, learn to listen to your body always, this is one of the ways to prevent a severe and chronic injury.
Do you skip the warm up before doing any exercise?See results without voting
May You Have A Fit And Healthy Body
Well, almost done I supposed. I know there are still much more ways to prevent the possible injuries could be, I have stated out the most common and high possibilities that would make ones injured while pursuing the fit and healthy body.
Please enjoy this hub of mine and hope that we could make ourselves fit and healthy without having any injuries or at least, to prevent it to the least.
To your success my dear friends out there, may you have a fit and healthy body, and leading yourself a happy and blissful life…cheers!
Great Reads You May Have Missed
- The Health Benefits Of Mulberry
Are you being tempted by mulberries? Hey, what’s in your mind now? Well, how about considering this very useful mulberry tree for the garden or on a commercial scale?
- How does Mother Teresa inspire us much
Mother Teresa deserved the Nobel Peace Prize. I am inspired by her universal love so much, and I have to admit that she really made me proud though I don’t know her personally, I love to stay connected with her wise words and quotes in my daily life…
- I Always Love You Quotes
More specifically...almost each and every of the time, the sweet love words could play the wonder somehow...believe?
- Activities And Nutrition That Necessary For Us To Get A Fit And Healthy Body
Choose to believe that we have to be well consumed with the nutrition before the exercises could actually do their works.
- Great workouts that help to get a fit and sexy you
Thinking of shedding those extra pounds here and there? Get these great exercises to get a fitter and sexier you...
© 2012 Injured lamb
More by this Author
Petai, which bears a nickname of stink bean, a delicious dish with full of nutrition. It helps overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions...
If you are having a special lady in your life; you should know she is just the one who is special enough for you to touch her heart with your sincerity in this very tender of month... you got to believe that sometimes a...