Beware, High Fat Food Consumption Habits May Worsen Asthma
Burgers and french fries are not just bad for the waistline, but also aggravate asthma. Besides increasing the risk of inflammation in the airways, high fat diet also makes the body does not respond to the therapy for controlling asthma.
Asthma is a chronic condition that occurs when the primary respiratory tract of lung (bronchi) become inflamed. All this time, the causes more associated with allergic asthma, there has been no research that specifically look at the impact of high-fat diet in patients with asthma.
The study by a team of scientists from the University of Newcastle, add to evidence that environmental factors, such as diet, affects the development of asthma. In fact, in the last two decades fast food diet which high fat are increasingly popular and favorite of many people.
In this study, Wood and her team studied 40 asthmatics who were divided into two groups. The first is the intake of high fat foods, such as burgers, and other groups who were given yogurt. High fat foods contains 1,000 calories, 52 percent come from fat. While low fat foods only 200 calories, 13 percent from fat.
Based on the results of analysis of saliva samples, an increase of immune cells called neutrophils in the airways occured in the group that ate a burger. Neutrophils is the trigger inflammation. Not only that, at this group found that asthma medications can not work fast in their lungs.
"If there are further studies confirm these studies, dietary adjustments can be an important strategy for controlling asthma," said Lisa Wood, lead researcher from the University of Newcastle. The results of this study will be presented at the meeting of the American Thoracic Society's International Conference as reported by LiveScience.
For those of you who suffer from asthma should avoid eating high fat foods. Besides increasing the risk of inflammation in the airways, high fat foods can make the body does not respond to the therapy for controlling asthma.
Although the study results still need further evidence, the experts recommend reducing intake of high fat foods as a way to control asthma.
My other Hubs:
- Treating Asthma With Goat's Milk
- Don't Forget to Rinse Your Mouth After Using an Asthma Spray
- Myths of Asthma
- Overcoming Asthma While Pregnant
- Facebook Can Trigger an Asthma Attack, Really?
- Asthma? Consump Magnesium!
- Fried Insects Can Worsen Asthma
- Large Waisted Women Easy to Affected by Asthma
- May, Month of World Asthma
More by this Author
The function of goat milk in the treatment of asthma is increasing stamina. This can happen because the fluorine which is an antiseptic...
My others Hub:
- Chlorine in Swimming Pool Trigger Allergy and Asthma
- Controlling Asthma in Children
- Case of Baby Suffered Asthma Is Increasing
- Stubborn Cough Could Be an Asthma Symptoms in Children
- Don't Be Gratuitous! Giving Cough Syrup for Children with Asthma
- Some Therapy Overcoming Asthma Attacks
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) Can Prevent Asthma Attacks in Children