Beyond Nature: Lavender Essential Oil
Trusting Your Essential Oils
Before using essential oils, it is highly recommended to do your research. There are certain factors you should check, such as, are they Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG)? In other words, are they produced to the highest standard of quality, purity, and safety for your personal use? When it comes to you and your family's health, nothing is more important than only using top quality products. Also, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is best to check to see which oils you should avoid.
Knowing what the oil is, what it does, how it helps and how to use it is just as important as any other factor. For example, some oils are classified as "hot" oils, which means contact with the skin may cause burning and should only be used topically when diluted with a carrier oil. Some hot oils are oregano, thyme, clove, cassia, and cinnamon. The same goes for oils that cannot be taken internally, such as most tree oils like arborvitae, cedarwood, cypress, douglas fir, and eucalyptus.
All Natural For Me, Please!
I am a Wellness Advocate so I take our health seriously, which means, I try to stay on the natural side of things as much as possible. These days, it is scary to think about some of the medications that are being handed out left and right that are chemical-based rather than natural. I know that there are other options out there and I want to go as natural as possible. I tend to lean more toward the holistic side of health and wellness and prevention. Essential oils help to maintain a healthy lifestyle that we don't have to worry about. There are very few concerns as long as you know the in's and out's of the basic safety of using them. By using them correctly, we can avoid many of the seasonal allergy issues, colds and the flu.
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil Uses:
1) If you are finding it difficult to fall asleep but don't want to take over-the-counter sleeping medications that have a tendency to be addictive, try rubbing some lavender oil on the bottoms of your feet and use a few drops on your pillowcases at bedtime.
2) Make a soothing salt bath by adding 5 drops of lavender oil to 2 cups of Epsom salt, then add to bath water.
3) Apply to your wrists or just inhale while traveling to lessen the possibility of motion sickness and anxiety.
4) Apply to the back, hands, or feet of a restless child to calm and relax them.
5) Apply to dry lips before applying lip balm.
6) Use with Peppermint oil for an invigorating scalp massage.
7) Apply topically to sooth skin irritations.
8) Add 3 drops to white cake mix for a lavender twist (especially good with lemon frosting, made by mixing 3 drops of lemon oil to white frosting).
9) Inhale vapors for headache relief.
10) For pain, dilute with coconut oil and apply to place of pain.
Lavender Uses and Benefits
Are You Curious?
After reading this hub, how likely are you to try Lavender Essential Oil?See results without voting
Not FDA Approved...
(Clicking the above link will bring you to the actual article which states the following information).
The above article explains some more, in-depth information on the study of Lavender essential oil, such as it led to an increase in heart rate variation compared to a placebo, while watching an anxiety-provoking film. This suggests that Lavender has anxiolytic effects (also anti-panic or anti-anxiety agent).
Companies that specialize in CPTG essential oils are currently in the process of incorporating the use of these oils in hospitals, doctor's offices, physical therapy offices, and public businesses, but because they have to include the statement, "*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and these products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease." I just want to say that your health is your business and you control what you put in, or on your body.
If you try an essential oil and it works for you, that is enough proof for you to continue the use of the oils, if you so choose. In other words, don't just take my word for it. Try it. If it works for you, great! If it doesn't work for you, then try something else! It is YOUR body-YOUR health and wellness.
Essential Oil Testing
Lavender Essential Oil Facts:
- Lavender can be used as aromatherapy with anxious dogs to calm and relax them, as well as humans.
- Lavender is a natural antidepressant, anti-anxiety, and anti-panic aid.
- Lavender is perfect for calming your family at bedtime.
- Lavender Oil has been used for hundreds of years as a "love potion", or aphrodisiac.
- Lavender can be used as an anti-inflammatory for insect bites
- Moths hate the smell of Lavender and will avoid any space which is sprayed with a mixture of lavender oil and water. (Good for closets and drawers).
The Dog Whisperer Uses Lavender Oil to Calm Anxious Dog
Don't Take My Word For It...
When I say "Don't take my word for it", I mean, if you would like to try using Lavender oil, or any other oil, for that fact, do your research first. Make sure you aren't using a synthetic version that you won't get any benefits from. If you are going to use essential oils, why not make sure you are getting the most out of them, right? Use the oils that are safe to use on and around your children and pets.
Essential oils have more benefits than just smelling good! If you have any questions or would like to know what essential oils I personally use and recommend, let me know! Also, feel free to check out my future posts that will concentrate on specific oils! I want to help you in any way I can! If you want to know how to get these oils at wholesale price, I can help with that, too! I can show you how to switch from harmful chemicals to 100% pure, natural oils in your everyday life for a healthier lifestyle!
Family Physician Kit
More by this Author
"Make Love, Not War, Baby!!!" I was sitting here the other day, completely BLANK, not knowing what to write about... Then it came to me... The Hippie Era! But after thinking about it for a moment, I...
Scientists these days are saying that caffeine is just as addictive as cocaine... I can hear you now..."Oh no! The health Po-Po are turning into CONTROL FREAKS! Not my COFFEE!!!"... You need not worry...much....
Where do Dragonflies Sleep??? Dragonflies are one of the things I enjoy the most. Not only do I collect them, I also have a purple dragonfly tattoo on my left shoulder blade. My Great-grandmother once told me if a...
No comments yet.