Bipolar and Extra Stress How to Avoid Crashing
Coping with everyday stress
Coping with daily stress is hard for everyone and those that can manage well enough to never let it show has alot of Willpower. Stress can cause Anxiety and Anxiey can cause stress. How to beat it without it screwing up your already screwd up gene pool is something that works often but I also suffer within and try so hard to hide it.
There is no secret or a magic pill, you just have to pull up your boot straps and bloom again. I always say "this too will pass" but sometimes that just doens'nt make the night terrors go away or the "little" mood swings or hurtful comments that you don't mean.
Those who suffer from Bipolar, stress is like salt to a wound. Here are a few tips I have learned to use when I feel like I am getting to the point that stress is a four letter word. This week has had alot of ups and downs, daughters getting ready to return to school with lists 5 miles long, the baby fell on her bike and looks like De'LaHoya hit her in the eye, the a/c went out twice, granny is refusing physical therapy and that is just the beginning. It goes downhill from there.
Ways to avoid Extra Stress
1. Don't over schedule yourself, common stress's are not having adequate time for everyday activities.
2. Take things one step at the time, take your time especially with dealing with stressful issues and never say things you don't mean, no matter how stressed you are.
3. Exercise: allot. I have walked around the block so many times this last week I have a path in the pavement. Walk it off.
4. Keep up a good regular diet, don't avoid meals ( which i do all the time for fear I am too stressed to hold down food.)
5. If you are on anti-anxiety medication, do not miss a dose, heck if you have to call your doctor and if he understands your condition he may up the dose for bit or prescribe something to help with the anxiety. Controlling your anxiety will help you cope better with stress.
6. Be Careful. Don't be vulnerable, being over stressed or suffering high anxiety can make a bipolar person become vulnerable to instant gratification. This includes finances, relationships, and lack of.
7. Remind yourself everyday that you are on control of your own fate, you are in control of the decisions that you make today. The way you choose to deal with stress results in either a positive or negative response.
8. Last and the hardest, Walk Away if you have a stress-or in your life that you have a choice of living or living without, following your heart sometimes leads you where you never wanted to be because of past pains. Use your head.
9. Listen to my favorite song on the ipod while exercising, it will work you to death ( listen below) This song describes me to a T. No one will ever know who I am because they don't stick around long enough to find out. I am just an avatar.
10. Don't fall in love
More by this Author
Bopolar Disorder effects millions everyday. The caretakers, family, and loved ones don't know what to do. Here are some tips on how to understand and help.
This article is to help you better understand how color effects your emotionn and mood. All colors have an effect on your mood, negative or positive.