Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet- Gonadal Body Type
Dr. Abravanel´s Diet Plan: Gonadal Body Type
If you have taken Dr. Abravanel´s test and learned that your metabolism fits the characteristics of a Gonadal or Ovarian-type, congratulations!
As a G-type, your metabolism is unique to women. Many models are G-types because when they are well-balanced, their curvy figure photographs well. If you are an overweight G-type, you have probably gained weight by eating foods that stimulate your ovaries: greasy and/or spicy foods such as creamy sauces or dips and spicy foods like Mexican or Thai. You probably favor dishes made with plenty of cheese or butter. You don´t have a great sweet tooth and are more likely tempted by fatty or oily foods.
Although you crave fatty foods, they overstimulate, exhaust and imbalance your metabolism. This causes fat and/or cellulite to accumulate on your rear end and outer thighs. In order to re-establish balance in your metabolism, your diet plan involves cutting out ovary-stimulating foods and increasing foods that will stimulate your pituitary and thyroid glands. This means cutting down on red meat and eating less fats and oils. You must also vow off spices for now: no more Thai or Mexican for a while.
Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and consume low or non-fat dairy products. A small amount of sugar and caffeine is allowed and a moderate amount of carbohydrates. You will quickly lose weight and get more energy. You will also see a decrease in the cellulite deposits on your thighs and buttocks.
Since you most likely live for flavorful food, you need to learn to enjoy the flavor of herbs instead of spices. Try dill, parsley, basil, tarragon and thyme. Get protein from lean chicken, fish and dairy. Yogurt and cottage cheese are great sources of low-fat protein that will give you energy throughout the afternoon and evening.
If you like the idea of a vegetarian diet, your metabolism is well-suited for such a lifestyle. Get your protein from farm fresh eggs, legumes, tofu and light dairy products.
In a Nutshell:
No red meat, minimal fats and oils, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, plenty of light dairy products, small amounts of sugar and caffeine, moderate amounts of carbohydrates from whole grains mostly and no spices.
It´s also important for you to eat a VERY light breakfast in the morning. Try a piece of fruit and a cup of coffee or tea. If you start the day with a heavy meal, you will eat heavily all day. Your metabolism actually handles food better late in the day rather than early.
Lunch should also be fairly light so you can burn fat through the afternoon. Dinner is your most substantial meal. It will help you avoid snacking on fatty foods in the evening, too. Observe intervals between meals. Avoid eating 4 hours between breakfast and lunch, five hours between lunch and dinner.
Your two danger periods when you will most crave a snack is late morning and late evening. Try to resist the urge. Red clover tea is recommended for your metabolism. It is traditionally prescribed to ease menstrual cramps for its action on the gonads. Your overtaxed metabolism will benefit greatly from drinking it regularly. If you absolutely must have a snack, try a few grapes of a couple of strawberries.
Fish or poultry should be broiled, grilled or baked and eaten without the skin. Vegetables should be steamed, boiled, sautéed or roasted in the permitted amount of oil.
Your Diet Plan
- 1 small piece of fruit: apple, peach, plum, papaya, mango, kiwi, star fruit, or a cup of grapes, chopped pineapple, cantaloupe or other melon, cherries or berries. (can substitute 1 cup applesauce for the fresh fruit if desired.) Eat whatever fruit is in season.
- Coffee or tea sweetened with sugar or honey
- A large green salad with 1 teaspoon of clear diet dressing (no creamy dressing allowed)
- ½ cup cooked sweet vegetables such as carrots, beets, pumpkin, squash or turnip
- 1 egg OR 3 ounces of low-fat dairy (string cheese, cottage cheese) OR 1 ½ cups nonfat yogurt OR 1 cup low-fat or nonfat yogurt or cottage cheese
- 1 serving of whole grain: 1 slice of bread OR ½ cup cooked brown rice, quinoa, pasta, rye Krispbreads, etc.
- 1 glass skim milk
- 1 piece of fruit
- Coffee or tea
- 4 ounces white meat poultry or fish OR 2 egg omelette (Only eat eggs once a day.)
- Steamed vegetables, as many as you like: spinach, zucchini, red peppers, green beans, peas.
- 1 teaspoon of oil or butter to be used in preparation of veggie or protein
- 1 grain serving (brown rice, whole grain pasta, quinoa, etc.)
- 1 piece of fruit
- 1 glass of skim milk
Basic Diet Outline
- Eat plenty of:
- Fruit, veggies, legumes, whole grains, yogurt, cottage cheese, skim milk and red clover tea
- Eat moderate amounts of:
- Poultry, fish, eggs, light cheese, vegetable oils, light dessert, coffee or tea
- Rarely eat:
- Beef, spices, sour cream, ice cream, cream, butter, rich desserts
- Your Eating Schedule:
- Very light breakfast, fairly light lunch (i.e. salad and sandwich), main meal at night. In other words, eat breakfast like a poor man, lunch like a Queen, dinner like a King.
- Chicken salad made with plain, lowfat yogurt on whole grain bread with a bowl of vegetable soup
- grilled salmon or tuna steak served with risotto and steamed vegetables
- Stir fry with plenty of vegetables and chicken, shrimp or tofu served with brown rice or soba noodles
- Lamb kabobs served with Greek salad and falafel or tabouli salad
- Try baked pears or apples for dessert or have a cappuccino or latte
Dr. Abravanel´s Diet Plan For Gonadal or Ovarian Body Types
Poultry & Fish
Low or Non-Fat Dairy
Other Rich Foods
Low Fat Chicken Breast
Substitute dried herbs or turmeric for the curry powder
Gonadal Types With Special Needs
If you need to lose a lot of weight or you feel your sluggish metabolism is getting off to a slow start, Dr. Abravanel offers a diet plan called “the last 5 pounds diet” that you can stay on for a week at a time. The weight will come off very quickly if you stay on this diet. I really recommend you get the book for the wealth of information he offers about exercise, vitamin supplements and even sleep schedule for your body type.
If you are going through menopause or are post-menopause, you will find special guidelines for you on pages 98-100 of Dr. Abravanel´s book.
Red Clover Tea
Red clover tea has long held an important place in our forefathers´ medicine cabinet. Some of the benefits include but are not limited to: soothing coughs and colds, easing symptoms of bronchitis and asthma, calming skin irritations, putting a stop to arthritis pain and relieving symptoms of anxiety and insomnia.
Research shows that red clover tea may help bone density. Coupled with weight-bearing exercise, it may protect you from osteoporosis. Red clover also lifts the mood and helps premenopausal women cope with anxiety and depression. If taken daily for 12 weeks, it should lesson hot flashes by 44%.
As always, check with your health care provider before beginning a new diet or adding herbs to your diet.
More by this Author
If you have taken Dr. Abravanel's body type test and found out your metabolism is based on your pituitary gland, learn how you can modify your diet and life style to lose weight and improve health.
If you are looking for a healthy diet tailored to your unique metabolism, Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet may be just the thing for you. Learn about the diet recommended for thyroid types.
Would you like to find a diet plan suited for your unique body type and metabolism, one that is healthy and won't leave you feeling weak and irritable? Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet is right for you.