Book Review: Substitute Yourself Skinny
Do you want to learn how to adapt some of your favorite, tried-and-true recipes so that they are more diet friendly than the original versions? If so, check out Substitute Yourself Skinny by Chef Susan Irby.
About Substitute Yourself Skinny
This book is designed to help those who want to continue enjoying their favorite dishes while losing weight, maintaining a healthy weight, or simply adopting healthier eating habits. You'll learn about diet-friendly ingredient substitutions that help you reduce the calorie counts in your favorite recipes.
When you read this book, you'll quickly see that the author didn't earn her nickname of "the Bikini Chef" by accident. Following the tips in this book will help you find creative ways to cut empty calories out of your favorite dishes so that you can enjoy your favorite foods while trying to lose weight, maintain your weight, or improve your health.
In addition to learning how to make your favorite recipes more diet friendly, you'll also learn how to make many additional tasty, low calorie recipes when you read this book. It includes instructions for making 175 dishes that use slimming ingredients and cooking techniques.
Examples of Recipes in Substitute Yourself Skinny
- Chicken a' la King (prepared with reduced fat refrigerated crescent rolls instead of biscuits)
- Deviled Egg Salad (made with nonfat mayonnaise instead of the full fat variety)
- Flat Belly Eggs Benedict (prepared using nonfat vanilla yogurt, nonfat sour cream, and low fat cottage rather than egg yolks and butter)
- It's Greek to Me Greek Salad (made with reduced-fat or nonfat feta cheese and with a reduced amount of olive oil in the dressing)
- Summer Savoring Mac 'n' Cheese (prepared with a combination of nonfat ricotta cheese and reduce fat cheddar cheese instead of full fat cheese)
- Many other great recipe ideas prepared with creative, healthful substitutions
About the Author
Chef Susan Irby is the author of several other books, including Boost Your Metabolism Cookbook: Fire up Your Diet for a Fit and Firm You, Cooking with Susan, The Giant $7 a Meal Cookbook: 701 Inexpensive Meals the Whole Family Will Love, The $7 a Meal Quick and Easy Cookbook: 301 Delicious Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less.
Chef Irby is the host of the popular Los Angeles radio show, The Bikini Lifestyle with Susan Irby the Bikini Chef (airing on KFWB News Talk 980). She has also worked under several well-known Master Chefs, including George McNeil and Todd English. She has cooked for a number of celebrities, including David Spade and Kate Sagal. She
Thanks to Adams Media for providing me with an opportunity to review this great diet recipe book. ~MW
More by this Author
Are you looking for a great place to enjoy a leisurely Sunday brunch in Mobile, AL. There are many great places where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend brunch meal all over town. 4 Favorite Restaurants for Sunday...